• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Duo Ephraim has officially broken the game.

User Info: p3pdrake

p3pdrake
2 days ago#51
It's that type effectiveness that really sets him apart from other similar bulky melees
FFBE IGN: Ken - 685 742 098
DFFOO [GL]: 111555884 (Quistis)
RadiantHowling posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
Blue Edelgard with effective damage, true damage, and accelerated specials. And also a Lull.
That doesn’t really matter since you handle him the same way. Murdering him on player phase with anything you choose. If you’re letting him initiate on you, you’re playing it wrong.

A lot of whales run DC on them, though, which means even getting the PP jump on him requires caution, since a +10 +Atk one (which every super whale and their mother seems to field in T21) can even one-shot many green mages on the counter (72 Atk + -3 Def + nullify Fortify Def/Def Tactic is a bad time). Otherwise, AA would just be a simple matter of having a bunch of fast green mages or green mages with Lancebreaker on hand.

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
2 days ago#53
Shadowstalker7 posted...
A lot of whales run DC on them, though, which means even getting the PP jump on him requires caution, since a +10 +Atk one (which every super whale and their mother seems to field in T21) can even one-shot many green mages on the counter (72 Atk + -3 Def + nullify Fortify Def/Def Tactic is a bad time). Otherwise, AA would just be a simple matter of having a bunch of fast green mages or green mages with Lancebreaker on hand.

if this is AA, just bring a TA Green mage and that 72 ATK becomes 43, assuming you don't just oneshot. which would be amazing with his Magical bulk

in regular Arena?? really just don't let him initiate on you unless you got Steady Stance 4 (and aren't an armor)
Last rotation I just blew him up with Gunnthra.

really his kit just amounts to "Bold Fighter"......which really speaks to how broken Bold Fighter is. so just deal with him as you would any BF armor with DC
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: CJwat11

CJwat11
2 days ago#54
Shadowstalker7 posted...
RadiantHowling posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
Blue Edelgard with effective damage, true damage, and accelerated specials. And also a Lull.
That doesn’t really matter since you handle him the same way. Murdering him on player phase with anything you choose. If you’re letting him initiate on you, you’re playing it wrong.

Yeah no, just OHKO him with a green mage yeesh, or even a blue one.

Magical bulk is nonexistent so yeah.
Fire Emblem Heroes FC: 8410511961, Current Lead: Smolzura+10
Azura Emblem Clears: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLetp2r_9pMtcG6DPOf9CsU-m2YNXXjK2q
Gunnthra did make him fairly easy last season, yes. This season, though, I'm using Altina, who basically has no chance of killing him. And I can't do what I normally do to soften up BF armours, because that's typically handled by my Bonus Doubler, NFU Fjorm, which Lull Atk/Def messes with pretty hard. Have to swap my Sheena back to Svalinn at this point. Old toys starting to feel old, but I'm not a whale, so I guess it's expected to get stuck in situations like that.

For AA, yeah, been considering building more TA green mages, which should really say something about how impactful that is, though. I haven't had to consider building this many dedicated counters since the Lynhardt days.

CJwat11 posted...
Shadowstalker7 posted...
RadiantHowling posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...

Yeah no, just OHKO him with a green mage yeesh, or even a blue one.

Magical bulk is nonexistent so yeah.

45 HP and 35 Res with Lull Atk in play isn't the easiest thing to OHKO.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: CJwat11

CJwat11
2 days ago#56
Where’s 35 Res coming from?

I assume, 25 Base, +6 Res buff, and +4 from merges.

I’m even more glad I have a Green Mage on my Arena core.
Fire Emblem Heroes FC: 8410511961, Current Lead: Smolzura+10
Azura Emblem Clears: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLetp2r_9pMtcG6DPOf9CsU-m2YNXXjK2q
(edited 2 days ago)

DreadKaiser
2 days ago#57
Shadowstalker7 posted...
Gunnthra did make him fairly easy last season, yes. This season, though, I'm using Altina, who basically has no chance of killing him. And I can't do what I normally do to soften up BF armours, because that's typically handled by my Bonus Doubler, NFU Fjorm, which Lull Atk/Def messes with pretty hard. Have to swap my Sheena back to Svalinn at this point. Old toys starting to feel old, but I'm not a whale, so I guess it's expected to get stuck in situations like that.

For AA, yeah, been considering building more TA green mages, which should really say something about how impactful that is, though. I haven't had to consider building this many dedicated counters since the Lynhardt days.

uhhhhh, has base 25 RES and 41 HP
at +10 that's 29 and 45
that's 74 Bulk before Lull

a Green mage can easily oneshot that, only requires 59 ATK to OHKO. so any Blade mage can do the job (Lull only stops 2 stats so you only need 47 ATK with the +6s on the unlull'd stats to do the job, and that's assuming no incombat buffs like Death Blow)

and this is just assuming he OHKOs on the counter. which he probably won't as 66 ATK on it's own won't OHKO most +10 mages (it'd come close though). with WTD, it's merely 52. then the second shot would blow him up for certain.

meanwhile in Arena if you are bringing even the basic babysitter support (read: Chills and Drives) he shouldn't ever dodge Chill ATK and between that and your bonus stats you can probably beat his ATK check on Reginlief
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 2 days ago)
DreadKaiser posted...
Shadowstalker7 posted...

uhhhhh, has base 25 RES and 41 HP
at +10 that's 29 and 45
that's 74 Bulk before Lull

a Green mage can easily oneshot that, only requires 59 ATK to OHKO. so any Blade mage can do the job (Lull only stops 2 stats so you only need 47 ATK with the +6s on the unlull'd stats to do the job, and that's assuming no incombat buffs like Death Blow)

and this is just assuming he OHKOs on the counter. which he probably won't as 66 ATK on it's own won't OHKO most +10 mages (it'd come close though). with WTD, it's merely 52. then the second shot would blow him up for certain.

meanwhile in Arena if you are bringing even the basic babysitter support (read: Chills and Drives) he shouldn't ever dodge Chill ATK and between that and your bonus stats you can probably beat his ATK check on Reginlief

I'm fighting +10s with Rally Def/Res+ and its ilk applied. That's 45 HP and 35 Res. Faced by +0 budget builds in AA. It's not uncounterable for certain, but it requires more consideration when up until now, the +0 greens I've had on the bench haven't had much trouble just being counter-picked as is against almost any other blue newcomers.

Arena's been easier, yeah, since Gunnthra was crushing him last season. Sheena needs more work, since Fjorm can't step up right now and Altina sure ain't doing anything. I guess I could also just not care as much about score and put Gunnthra back on the team. Or bite the bullet on resources and finish Soren.

CJwat11 posted...
Where’s 35 Res coming from?

I assume, 25 Base, +6 Res buff, and +4 from merges.

I’m even more glad I have a Green Mage on my Arena core.

Yeah, wouldn't be super whale Ephrlyons if they weren't (some also have flowers, but that's less common). Been mostly pouring my resources into AR, but this makes me reconsider that Soren merge project I left on the back burner a while back.

DreadKaiser
2 days ago#59
if you are fighting a Buffed unit in Arena, that's your own fault as there are so many ways to deal with that
45 HP isn't hard to panic, slap panic Ploy and Altina and you are good.
Buffer can just be killed first or separated from him (especially if said buffer is just an armor)
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
2 days ago#60
Do you not have Magic?
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Duo Ephraim has officially broken the game.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers