• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. General AR Topic XXXVI

User Info: Laughingman_S

Laughingman_S
6 days ago#61
I got my first Dark and Astra mythics with Altina's banner. I now have incentive to bless and use different teams per season, but that also means committing units to specific teams. It feels a little daunting right now - I don't want to bless a unit only to decide I would prefer it on a different team. How did you folks put your seasonal teams together?
The Organisation has infiltrated this board! El, Psy, Kongroo.
FEH ID: 7735702789, Lead: Altina +10

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
6 days ago#62
Laughingman_S posted...
I got my first Dark and Astra mythics with Altina's banner. I now have incentive to bless and use different teams per season, but that also means committing units to specific teams. It feels a little daunting right now - I don't want to bless a unit only to decide I would prefer it on a different team. How did you folks put your seasonal teams together?

Dark Season: Favorite units that I wouldn't reasonably use on AR Offense anyway. Gharnef chief among them. also Soleil or Nephenee since I just don't really do much Player phase on AR O since Tiki and Bike are just that good at their jobs.

I don't take Light/Dark seasons seriously so my Dark maps are more about my favorite units getting absurd stats from blessings and watching the carnage they make (Gharnef for example has all of his numbers in the 40s. GHARNEF)

Astra: Actually dedicated units that I wouldn't typically use in AR O or Arena, or just need to be there
my Astra blessed units are:
Sonya
Ophelia
Flying Olivia
Horse Chrom
Death Knight

it's not like you can't use them elsewhere because they are Dark or Astra blessed. most of those units either don't see non-AR D Use or are so hilariously good that they don't really need blessings elsewhere anyway.

if you really want to be stingy with your blessings, experiment with a Defense map that works THEN bless them.
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: AsterixKing

AsterixKing
6 days ago#63
Managed to be complete damned idiot. Blew through three ladders, one for forgetting to place my healing tower, and one for forgetting Armored Boots. And ai could have even fired off my H!Hector to negate that since there wasn't a Healing Tower.
"You may wonder what I am doing, standing here, right now. I am waiting for time to pass - peacefully." Zephiel, Fire Emblem Heroes

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
6 days ago#64
Laughingman_S posted...
Light - Eir synergizes with most tank units, as most tanks enjoy +res (especially since most tanks tend to have lower res than def). But she's even fine with galeforce cheese teams as being flying + 2 range she can snipe buildings fine, for example, so she works with most units in general.
Note; our next MH will very likely be light (it's the only AR element that has only 1 MH right now), and given that Eir (res), Naga (def) and Altina (atk) are there, it's also likely that this MH will boost spd, so keep that in mind. We'll probably get this one in 2-3 months. Basically any unit that isn't insanely slow (e.g. Nagi) will appreciate +spd though so it's unlikely you have to "build" around this MH.

Dark - Has most of my glass cannon and dancer fliers, due to Yune allowing me to run extra ward fliers will still reducing lift penalties.
Sothis is also there but she's not particularly exciting as a defense unit. Though you can run a beast-centric team and Sothis can be put adjacent to beasts while not untransforming them, but usually beast teams are better with Duma anyway.

Astra - Nagi boosts def and grants dragonslayer, while Altina boosts atk and is a decent vantage sweeper, so it depends on which MHs you've got.
Generally 1 Nagi for her dragonslaying (a 2nd one doesn't really do anything except add DEF) and 1 Altina as a secondary vantage sweeper is what I'm running now (a 2nd one doesn't really do anything unless you can turn both Altinas into galeforcers).
If you want tanky units, they will need higher RES, because neither astra MH boosts res. This is tricky to do as most tanks don't actually have amazing res bases. Units like xmas Cecilia are pretty common in astra because she has a good res base. You also tend to want to avoid dragons as well, because Thrasir kills dragons pretty easily. If you run tanky dragons, they will generally be better in Light unless your dragon is red and has an OK matchup with Thrasir.
Astra has most of my best galeforcers though, due to tanking being harder (since neither MH boosts res) and especially now that Altina is around to grant +atk and possibly be an OK galeforcer herself.

Anima - Infantry Pulse is pretty common especially with Thrasir who is an infantry herself and can be at the bottom of an IP chain with a dragon fang (since she gives the allies +HP but not to herself). A lot of my glass cannon infantry and dancer infantry go into anima.
Duma can be plugged into any ol' defense team if you give him armored boots, though he's generally best if you can at least pair him with an armor that has armor march (and preferably is a 2-range bold fighter, like The Cleaner H Kagero) + have teleporting traps so he can actually get to the enemies quickly. Like most armors, he can be very dangerous if he initiates onto a foe, the trick is getting around that low move. He can also work with beast-centric teams as he grants them +atk and doesn't cause beasts to untransform when he's adjacent, and you've got herons as 3-move dancer fliers who can also help Duma get around, though generally the most common beasts are the fliers (e.g. Tibarn and Reyson) and the cavs (e.g. Ranulf) due to their mobility.
"Cavalry line" is also there, though I haven't seen it in awhile, but basically it's a ton of 2-range (mostly magic) cavalry on the desert map, taking advantage of how the astra MHs don't boost res.
You can't spell Salt without Alt - Poison-puffs
(edited 6 days ago)
I can't be the only one who keeps facing an onslaught of Japanese players who never give up until the bitter end, despite having a ladder. Like they keep going until they're completely wiped out or win with 1-2 survivors (which I don't mind, since I lose 0 lift at that point).

Like a majority of Japanese players who lose to my team follow this trend, but non-Japanese players seem to give up as soon as it's impossible or after losing 1-3 heroes.
You have just spent time to read my signature.

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#66
dunno but I wouldn't be complaining, typically makes for an easy rematch
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: bubberducky

bubberducky
5 days ago#67
It's the bushido code.
This is a test. I've accepted this test to stand victorious against my past. A person grows once they are able to defeat their weaker self.
FEH ID: 9980866357

User Info: shawnwalker

shawnwalker
5 days ago#68
It's been happening to me as well. I hadn't thought about it being a Japanese thing though...

Now that I think about it, yeah, it's mainly them who refuse to surrender to my teams as well. That's strange. On a personal level I admire the never give up mindset, however from an AR mindset that's detriment to your score. I'll take a lack of lift loss anytime though.
F2P/master of the unorthodox. Edgy archer boi Tankumi (Updated): https://imgur.com/a/AiLap6M
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
5 days ago#69
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...
I can't be the only one who keeps facing an onslaught of Japanese players who never give up until the bitter end, despite having a ladder. Like they keep going until they're completely wiped out or win with 1-2 survivors (which I don't mind, since I lose 0 lift at that point).

Like a majority of Japanese players who lose to my team follow this trend, but non-Japanese players seem to give up as soon as it's impossible or after losing 1-3 heroes.

Tbh... I don't know when its japanese or when its another asian region that uses the similar writing styles. I think I can recognise chinese to differentiate between the two but I'm not 100% sure myself.

But yeah I have noticed a trend in that, not all the time but now that you mention it, it is a bit more common there just because I had two matches in a row like that, dont know if its just japanese is what I'm saying.
(edited 5 days ago)
Steamroll posted...
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...

Tbh... I don't know when its japanese or when its another asian region that uses the similar writing styles. I think I can recognise chinese to differentiate between the two but I'm not 100% sure myself.

But yeah I have noticed a trend in that, not all the time but now that you mention it, it is a bit more common there just because I had two matches in a row like that, dont know if its just japanese is what I'm saying.

A bit off topic, but it probably doesn't help that Japanese has 3 different written alphabets (Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji, and that's ignoring Romanji which is just Japanese using English letters). I only recognize Hiragana and Katakana, but forgot most of the sounds each letter/character stands for... I just recognize it when I see it. From what I remember, Kanji is based on Chinese characters, so that might attribute to even more confusion on your end.

Yeah... I took a class like a decade ago, but they tried cramming all 3 into 1 class on top of speaking Japanese (plus I had 2 other classes at the same time), so I gave up on being literate in Japanese.
You have just spent time to read my signature.
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. General AR Topic XXXVI
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers