• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. What characters do you like design-wise but not character-wise?

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
1 week ago#11
shawnwalker posted...
catchthemouser posted...
Xander

Pre release, I was all over him like I am with Claude, but then I played Fates and the allure was gone immediately.
So much this actually. What happened in Birthright made me dislike him, when I initially really liked Xander.

Oh yeah! Xander did look cool pre-release. His actual character completely spoiled his image.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
shawnwalker posted...
I played Conquest 1st. Loved him. Then played Birthright. I can't look at him the same, tbh.
I thought the "Daddy can't be evil!" meme was kind of overblown when it came to Xander because I understand the position he's in what with being the crown prince and growing up when Garon wasn't a terrible person.

But Conquest's story is just so bad that it drags everyone down and with having played Birthright first, I just bring myself to like Xander.
Claude von Riegan is best boy

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
1 week ago#13
Ephraim

He’s got a nice design, voice, and class but I’ve never been a fan of Gary Stus.
Here we go, off the rails.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 week ago#14
Fjorm

super_felicia posted...
Delthea.
She's AWESOME

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 week ago#15
None.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.
catchthemouser posted...
But Conquest's story is just so bad that it drags everyone down and with having played Birthright first, I just bring myself to like Xander.

Honestly, you could say this about any character in Fates. Everyone held the idiot ball just to make Revelation "work"... and even then it failed miserably. Conquest could've been an amazing story and the characters much more fleshed out... and it wasn't and they weren't... because of Revelation "needing" to exist.

OT, Faye. I really like her design... but her obsession with Alm ruins it. And what's sad is she gets absolutely no character development past it.
I read a fanfic where she ends up with Celica's group and actually grows up and over her childhood crush... and that's what should've happened in SoV.
"Krupp steel on Porsche Engines, who can defeat us?"
"You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better."

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
1 week ago#17
@albertojz356 posted...
Ephraim

He’s got a nice design, voice, and class but I’ve never been a fan of Gary Stus.

Omg lol same!
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: 67chrome

67chrome
1 week ago#18
MissCarriage posted...
What characters do you like design-wise but not character-wise?

F Corrin is the big one.

Mechanically speaking she is easily the best lord in the series: with solid hybrid Phys or Mag and Hit/Crit/SPD or MAG/DEF/RES directions she can be played in.
The passive upgrade bonuses of Yato and it powering up over the course of the game was also cool, the Noble's skill set was also well-made and had some fun things to play around with.
Corrin's stats also struck a solid balance of useful but weak to everyone else on an equal-level footing, but with enough potential to make her one of the best units with good investment and foresight. Not weak, not overbearingly strong, pretty good spot.
Her outfit designs, default hairstyle, and especially her S!F!Corrin alt in FEH are also rock-solid.

Story-wise she's also F tier.

Not a huge fan of her "dragon" design though, largely because a silvery Reindeer lawn decoration isn't a dragon. On-par with calling that vollyball, marshmellow bird in a cloud, snail, or fabulously maned sheep pokemon a "dragon".
Come on IS.
-----------------------------------------

Beyond that: just about everyone in Fates had a cool design, though Xander and Takumi were dragged through the mud in the main storyline. Oboro mostly was as well given her awful introduction.

Which is a shame: because Fates characters via supports are all vastly superior to Fates characters via the main storyline, to the point they're entirely different.
(message deleted)
Surtr.

Alolan Ganondorf looks awesome and has one of my favorite FE villain designs (definitely in my top 5, alongside BK, Ashnard, Walhart, and Zephiel), but is the most one dimensional villains and with a goal that makes no sense either... at best it's just him being a mad king (no, not like Ashnard... nowhere near as well written), possibly even as a result of something to do with how he got his scar, but that speculation has more thought behind it than what IS did with him and I'm sure we're never going to get any more info on him since book 2 (and now 3) ended, let alone any info that justifies how he was written.
I was wrong.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. What characters do you like design-wise but not character-wise?
  • Post New Message