• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. The Real General AR Topic XXXV
Is it possible to have a random match against someone on your fr's list?

I have around 24 people that in T21 and I don't think I've went up against them when finding a match. Is mock battle the only way to battle them?
Sanctuary Resort City on ps4
https://youtu.be/-8uf4wsj3Ps

User Info: Infost

Infost
4 days ago#122
KishinZephrite posted...

I have around 24 people that in T21 and I don't think I've went up against them when finding a match. Is mock battle the only way to battle them?

There's almost 20,000 players in T21, so the chances that you'd fight someone who you know in a random battle are really low.
Filler sig.

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
4 days ago#123
It's possible, Wolf encountered my team before
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
4 days ago#124
OK, so more bulls*** AI stuff that isn't going as I predicted

Situation; watching an AR defense. I killed 2 units, he killed 3 of mine. After baiting he retreated. On my turn, Duma and Axezura already moved. LH Lucina is now up to move. Note that she hasn't moved or used FV yet. See below setup.

https://imgur.com/R274RV6

Based on what I understand of AI and how they use movement assists (and LH Lucina follows the same rules), they will use movement assists if that assist on that ally reduces the number of enemies within range of that ally. For example in the above image, if Lucina were to Future Vision the Duma either from the top or the right, Duma would still be in range of HRolf, but he would no longer be in range of LH Eliwood. Therefore using FV would reduce Duma's threaten range from 2 foes to 1. She SHOULD use it based on what I know of the AI.

Instead....

https://imgur.com/q9Zwuws

She just flies below the Duma and doesn't FV. I could've gotten another kill and possibly got a concession. Instead he beats it with 2 deaths.

But regardless of the result, what LH Lucina did makes no sense, I have to be missing something. yet I don't know what.

I obviously have the replay so if I need to provide more information I can.
You can't spell Salt without Alt - Poison-puffs

User Info: DoubleDragon

DoubleDragon
4 days ago#125
KishinZephrite posted...

I fought at least two maps from guys here, and someone fought mine.
Abyssal Clears W/Nowi, Hana, Cecilia
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLwYHrdVa4E-hOweZWl3RlYNc6F61bpWZ

User Info: AsterixKing

AsterixKing
4 days ago#126
smash fanatic posted...
OK, so more bulls*** AI stuff that isn't going as I predicted

Situation; watching an AR defense. I killed 2 units, he killed 3 of mine. After baiting he retreated. On my turn, Duma and Axezura already moved. LH Lucina is now up to move. Note that she hasn't moved or used FV yet. See below setup.

https://imgur.com/R274RV6

Based on what I understand of AI and how they use movement assists (and LH Lucina follows the same rules), they will use movement assists if that assist on that ally reduces the number of enemies within range of that ally. For example in the above image, if Lucina were to Future Vision the Duma either from the top or the right, Duma would still be in range of HRolf, but he would no longer be in range of LH Eliwood. Therefore using FV would reduce Duma's threaten range from 2 foes to 1. She SHOULD use it based on what I know of the AI.

Instead....

https://imgur.com/q9Zwuws

She just flies below the Duma and doesn't FV. I could've gotten another kill and possibly got a concession. Instead he beats it with 2 deaths.

But regardless of the result, what LH Lucina did makes no sense, I have to be missing something. yet I don't know what.

I obviously have the replay so if I need to provide more information I can.
Hmmm... Some combination of loving to warp, and the since she ends up bodyblocking from there, FV would actually put Duma back in threat range.
"You may wonder what I am doing, standing here, right now. I am waiting for time to pass - peacefully." Zephiel, Fire Emblem Heroes

User Info: Oresama

Oresama
4 days ago#127
And once again I lost because of B!Fjorm... I really hate her.
6* when?

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
4 days ago#128
My joke defense team killed 5 people lol
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
4 days ago#129
Ever have one of those weeks where you just can't do anything right? I usually make the top 3K in Astra weeks, but for some reason I lost 6 f***ing times this week.

I'm at no risk of demotion, but it bugs me how I can destroy all my friends in mock battles then I get a losing streak where it counts. I thought I was f***ing better than this, but apparently it was a goddamn lie. For some reason the top-ranked friends on my list are all easy, while literally every match for me this week has been an unapproachable Pulse and Wings trap. It's not like I'm memorizing my friends' maps and retrying for a perfect setup either. I easily win every mock battle against my top-ranked friends. Then I easily get destroyed by randoms.

I can't use my backup tank Cecilia on half the maps, because they have Firesweep spam that would make her either time out or miss the pots.

I want to change my name to "I SUCK AT AR" again, but now the game doesn't even let you use the word in usernames anymore.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: PunchedKoala

PunchedKoala
4 days ago#130
@smash_fanatic

Did his Naga run Iotes shield? Lucina should actually follow Naga instead of Eliwood.

The unit follow the unit the do the most combat damage and then check if the are eligible for an assist.

The closest distance to Eliwood is below duma but a Future vision doesn't change his threat level.
Without WoM Lucina would have used Future vision though.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. The Real General AR Topic XXXV
  • Post New Message