• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
4 days ago#81
The UnLucky Cat posted...
Mercedes is pure unadulterated garbage because she has literally nothing redeeming besides her art.

I saw Marbels put Mercie to good use.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
DreadKaiser posted...
regularly buffing units to equal if or outperform the new hotness of the month?
and with how many units we got? that'd take a while

remember, unlike most Gachas like Azur Lane or 99% of FGO's Roster, this one isn't introducing original Waifu characters every month, they already existed and already had fans. a lot of people here are here to use their favorites from FE and don't give a damn about the rest.

if these players had their waifus regularly buffed to keep up with the meta, they'd never need to roll again. thus never even consider spending. and yes, that contradicts how Gachas work as they are actively REMOVING a need to spend.

I don't know where you're getting this idea from. Who's saying that the older units should always be the best at all times? There would obviously be more things worth pulling for other reasons... I mean you've said as much yourself earlier that there'd always be powercreep in some form. Even with updated skills, older units still wouldn't have 180 BST. Even with updated stats, they wouldn't have overpowered Prf skills. Even with unique skills and stats, they still wouldn't have Pair Up/Duo/Legendary nonsense. And most importantly, they wouldn't be a brand new character that is somebody's favorite they've been waiting all these years to finally be able to use.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: CJwat11

CJwat11
4 days ago#83
People saying skill inheritance....

Well, someone went and overdosed on the dank cush today.
Fire Emblem Heroes FC: 8410511961, Current Lead: Smolzura+10
Azura Emblem Clears: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLetp2r_9pMtcG6DPOf9CsU-m2YNXXjK2q
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: CJwat11

CJwat11
4 days ago#84
Seriously, I get that we all hate cookie cutter builds and all that.

But y'know what? At least you can fix up your faves since you can give them all a complete overhaul for using them just because they are your faves, regardless of how powercrept they get.

Every other gacha I've played basically makes it so that, if your skill set is FUBAR'd? They're never worth using.

Dragalia? This is why virtually every 3* unit is thrown to the side.

Azur Lane? You've only got a few good retrofits for lower rarity ships because they also have good skills. All the rest are trash.
Fire Emblem Heroes FC: 8410511961, Current Lead: Smolzura+10
Azura Emblem Clears: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLetp2r_9pMtcG6DPOf9CsU-m2YNXXjK2q

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
4 days ago#85
DreadKaiser posted...
regularly buffing units to equal if or outperform the new hotness of the month?
and with how many units we got? that'd take a while

remember, unlike most Gachas like Azur Lane or 99% of FGO's Roster, this one isn't introducing original Waifu characters every month, they already existed and already had fans. a lot of people here are here to use their favorites from FE and don't give a damn about the rest.

if these players had their waifus regularly buffed to keep up with the meta, they'd never need to roll again. thus never even consider spending. and yes, that contradicts how Gachas work as they are actively REMOVING a need to spend.

I don't know where you're getting this idea from. Who's saying that the older units should always be the best at all times? There would obviously be more things worth pulling for other reasons... I mean you've said as much yourself earlier that there'd always be powercreep in some form. Even with updated skills, older units still wouldn't have 180 BST. Even with updated stats, they wouldn't have overpowered Prf skills. Even with unique skills and stats, they still wouldn't have Pair Up/Duo/Legendary nonsense. And most importantly, they wouldn't be a brand new character that is somebody's favorite they've been waiting all these years to finally be able to use.

because people who come here to play/build their favorites, are not going to stick around if their favorites are hot garbage for extended periods and there is nothing they can do about it.

they wouldn't need to be tier 1 every other month, but if they fall too far behind then people uninstall.

if I couldn't keep my favorites up, I'd have never touched this game, as would many, many others like Deej and his Rebecca.
especially people that hate Fates/Awakening with all the spam it got year 1 would have been driven off a LOOOONG time ago if they had to tolerate all that before their favorites could even be playable. and if we had to rely on regular reworks you can be sure they'd have gotten the lions share of them too.

yes SI makes cookiecutter builds a thing, but you can always experiment with new things.

f*** THAT is the real problem with the SI system, fun stuff like Shield Pulse is locked to 5* so we can't experiment with it
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Fayt980

Fayt980
4 days ago#86
Fayt980 posted...
The 2019 mass demote thing is people's own fault for actually expecting old 5*s to get demoted. That was foolish. Should they? Probably, yeah, it'd be nice. But to expect IS to actually do it and get mad when they didn't was stupid.

That's being disingenuous. It's not really the fact that everyone convinced themselves of something just to be disappointed it never happened. I mean, how can you downplay that, but then admit Ayra and the Anniversary were more than foolish expectations as well?

Like, if IS didn't actually remove the old 5*s at all, and the entire "mass demote" event was really just the 4-5*s, it'd be perceived better. It's literally getting less, but it'd be more within expectations that they'd do nothing at all, and people would begrudgingly accept that. But it's the fact that IS acknowledged the problem and decided that removing these units only from new banners was somehow the reasonable response.

Ayra's banner thing was something that blindsided everyone rightfully so with how scummy that move was. It was uniquely bad and the first issue this game really had. The second Anniversary was just a terrible way of going about handling the events. The vote banner thing was a complete joke with how it turned out.

The way a lot of people were hyping up we'd "surely" get old 5*s as demotes this time around is definitely why the demote/split was as big of an issue as it was. People thought they'd get 4* Hinokas and Sumias this year, then IS actually DID do something different to the 5* pool, but it wasn't what they'd been expecting. The reaction to how the split itself was handled was more mixed and I'd even say leaning towards positive, since I saw a lot of people saying things like, "well I had most of the old stuff anyway, so glad no more Luke pity breakers pulling for new seasonals."
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9897-6716. AC Info: Name: Alex, Town: Gemity
PSN: Alkaid98

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
4 days ago#87
Fayt980 posted...
The reaction to how the split itself was handled was more mixed and I'd even say leaning towards positive, since I saw a lot of people saying things like, "well I had most of the old stuff anyway, so glad no more Luke pity breakers pulling for new seasonals."

That's pretty much how I felt for the most part. If I'm pulling on new banners, I don't want old s*** screwing me out of my desired unit, or at least something more recent and strong.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
Fayt980 posted...
The way a lot of people were hyping up we'd "surely" get old 5*s as demotes this time around is definitely why the demote/split was as big of an issue as it was. People thought they'd get 4* Hinokas and Sumias this year, then IS actually DID do something different to the 5* pool, but it wasn't what they'd been expecting.

I mean, yes, that's also a part of it. But the thing is, since there were significantly fewer 4-5*s than the first time, so there's not much else they could do to improve rather than regress. For people who still wanted these units, it wasn't any improvement at all, and actually hurt their chances to ever see these characters ever again. At least until the Revival banner announcements, anyway.

And even with the banners, 4% still isn't nearly enough for how outdated they are. They don't deserve to be 5*, and IS knows it.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: Fayt980

Fayt980
4 days ago#89
Fayt980 posted...
The way a lot of people were hyping up we'd "surely" get old 5*s as demotes this time around is definitely why the demote/split was as big of an issue as it was. People thought they'd get 4* Hinokas and Sumias this year, then IS actually DID do something different to the 5* pool, but it wasn't what they'd been expecting.

I mean, yes, that's also a part of it. But the thing is, since there were significantly fewer 4-5*s than the first time, so there's not much else they could do to improve rather than regress. For people who still wanted these units, it wasn't any improvement at all, and actually hurt their chances to ever see these characters ever again. At least until the Revival banner announcements, anyway.

And even with the banners, 4% still isn't nearly enough for how outdated they are. They don't deserve to be 5*, and IS knows it.

I agree it was still a poor solution, and I'm also one of the people who's missing a bunch of older units that I'm probably screwed from ever getting now(can't spare orbs to go in on both the scarce reruns and still get newer units)

I just still think a lot of the bad reaction was from the foolish hype people made, and it pales in comparison to the Ayra s***storm. We're just lucky the Ayragate stuff actually put a stop to them adding more units in that way(besides Rhajat), or I'd argue that continued behavior would have been worse for this game than the s***ty handling of the older 5* units we got. More units with no warning on banners color sharing with old units? No thank you. Neither are good, but I'd rather deal with these old 5* reruns than Ayra-like banners. Remember everything we're discussing is the bad things IS has done, I'm just ranking which I thought was worse.
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9897-6716. AC Info: Name: Alex, Town: Gemity
PSN: Alkaid98
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: lilZael

lilZael
4 days ago#90
duo heroes was the biggest mistake imo
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
  • Post New Message