• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#71
Yes, taht's why I said under the condition that IS actually regularly goes back and buffs old skills, insert new skills into units who have empty spots in their base kits, etc. Try read what I said next time.

I did. thing is, that was never an option.

because it's a Gacha and regularly buffing units for free doesn't make money.
once you pulled your favorite units, you'd never need to summon again. just need to wait for them to get buffed........eventually

and hope that IS does a good job of it, unlike what they did to all 3 Leos
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
5 days ago#72
If you're operating under the assumption that IS will be completely incompetent, then of course SI would be better than literally nothing at all, or be better than crossing your fingers and hoping taht IS would actually buff units regularly and properly

But that wasn't what I was arguing at all.

Skill inheritance in its current form is better than literally nothing at all plus the broken skills and units that come out, but SI could have been implemented much better, AND there are methods that are better than having SI at all.
You can't spell Salt without Alt - Poison-puffs

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#73
If you're operating under the assumption that IS will be completely incompetent, then of course SI would be better than literally nothing at all, or be better than crossing your fingers and hoping taht IS would actually buff units regularly and properly

yes, I'm operating under the assumption that the devs that did Ayragate, babysitter meta and the 2nd Anniversary, would still regularly f*** up in this alternate timeline.

why would I assume that the Devs are somehow more competent because they made 1 choice differently.

Skill inheritance in its current form is better than literally nothing at all plus the broken skills and units that come out, but SI could have been implemented much better, AND there are methods that are better than having SI at all.

that's nice, what I was saying is that 1 of those methods that was discussed is hilariously stupid, depends ENTIRELY on the devs being competent and benevolent (IS is neither, as this topic exists for a reason), and literally contradicts how Gachas work.
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 5 days ago)
DreadKaiser posted...
and literally contradicts how Gachas work.

Uh... Azur Lane? FGO? Like every gacha game that has ever buffed outdated units before?

DreadKaiser posted...
why would I assume that the Devs are somehow more competent because they made 1 choice differently.

Then what's the point of this topic? Why not put "being developed by IS" as the biggest mistake in the game?
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: Fayt980

Fayt980
5 days ago#75
Mythics ruining AR immediately > duos ruining AR a second time > area babysitting meta ruining the fun of it > legendary(and mythic) heroes as a concept > 2nd anniversary

Ayra gets a free space on the bingo board for being the first s***storm.

The 2019 mass demote thing is people's own fault for actually expecting old 5*s to get demoted. That was foolish. Should they? Probably, yeah, it'd be nice. But to expect IS to actually do it and get mad when they didn't was stupid.

2nd anniversary is worth mentioning since it was just such an egregiously bad handling of what should have been a big and good event. It's made even more embarrassing next to what Dragalia Lost just did for their first anniversary, when FEH is the bigger and more money-making game.

Everything else is small potatoes. Number of X character's alts isn't a big deal, people are just whiners about certain characters. The other stuff made the game itself notably worse for everybody.
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9897-6716. AC Info: Name: Alex, Town: Gemity
PSN: Alkaid98

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#76
The UnLucky Cat posted...
DreadKaiser posted...
and literally contradicts how Gachas work.

Uh... Azur Lane? FGO? Like every gacha game that has ever buffed outdated units before?

regularly buffing units to equal if or outperform the new hotness of the month?
and with how many units we got? that'd take a while

remember, unlike most Gachas like Azur Lane or 99% of FGO's Roster, this one isn't introducing original Waifu characters every month, they already existed and already had fans. a lot of people here are here to use their favorites from FE and don't give a damn about the rest.

if these players had their waifus regularly buffed to keep up with the meta, they'd never need to roll again. thus never even consider spending. and yes, that contradicts how Gachas work as they are actively REMOVING a need to spend.

DreadKaiser posted...

Then what's the point of this topic? Why not put "being developed by IS" as the biggest mistake in the game?

because it'd obviously win.

but really, yes. I'm not about to assume the Devs are suddenly more competent and/or generous in this hypothetical timeline when they have already f***ed up here.

I wouldn't suddenly be a different person if someone went back in time and convinced me to have something else for lunch.

the point of this topic was to see which f***up was the biggest salt mine and start a giant debate like this, was expecting it to be Smash going on about the 2nd Anni again, but mission accomplished all the same.
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 5 days ago)
Fayt980 posted...
The 2019 mass demote thing is people's own fault for actually expecting old 5*s to get demoted. That was foolish. Should they? Probably, yeah, it'd be nice. But to expect IS to actually do it and get mad when they didn't was stupid.

That's being disingenuous. It's not really the fact that everyone convinced themselves of something just to be disappointed it never happened. I mean, how can you downplay that, but then admit Ayra and the Anniversary were more than foolish expectations as well?

Like, if IS didn't actually remove the old 5*s at all, and the entire "mass demote" event was really just the 4-5*s, it'd be perceived better. It's literally getting less, but it'd be more within expectations that they'd do nothing at all, and people would begrudgingly accept that. But it's the fact that IS acknowledged the problem and decided that removing these units only from new banners was somehow the reasonable response.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
5 days ago#78
DreadKaiser posted...

yes, I'm operating under the assumption that the devs that did Ayragate, babysitter meta and the 2nd Anniversary, would still regularly f*** up in this alternate timeline.

that's nice, what I was saying is that 1 of those methods that was discussed is hilariously stupid, depends ENTIRELY on the devs being competent and benevolent (IS is neither, as this topic exists for a reason), and literally contradicts how Gachas work.

Because the factor of "The developers are incompetent and would f*** it up anyway" is an outside factor that does not directly affect how skill inheritance was implemented in and of itself

If a game that is more F2P friendly with better developers like Azur lane implemented a system similar to skill inheritance, that doesn't suddenly make the SI system better or worse just because the developer isn't f***ing incompetent.

In other words saying "not having SI wouldn't work because IS would grossly f*** it up, ergo they had to implement SI" is more a trait regarding IS and not skill inheritance.
You can't spell Salt without Alt - Poison-puffs

User Info: Pickley-

Pickley-
5 days ago#79
TsunamiFox posted...
Still Skill Inheritance. It ruined unit diversity and was the first major pro whale step post launch.

if skill inheritance never happened i probably wouldn’t be playing this game lmao

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#80
In other words saying "not having SI wouldn't work because IS would grossly f*** it up, ergo they had to implement SI" is more a trait regarding IS and not skill inheritance.

no, I'm saying if we left all the skill "updates" to them much like they already do refines. they invaribly screw up a lot more than they already do with sub-par/outright bad prfs. simple result of doing something they occasionally f*** up, more often.
and making a game model that relies on traits the devs have already proven to not have, is not a good idea.

especially if your waifu isn't particularly popular. I can easily imagine Camilla getting updated every 2 months while, say Rebecca goes a year without a rework.
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
  • Post New Message