• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time

User Info: Pickley-

Pickley-
5 days ago#41
babysitter meta proved that they have no idea what they’re doing with arena. good thing idc about arena

duo heroes is looking to be pretty awful however. leaves a bad taste in my mouth and the fact that there are AR structures for them already is tasteless. (And you need a duo hero on defense to counter duo heroes LMAO)

2nd anniversary... i like to pretend that didn’t happen

mass demote was a f*** you by devs. units at 5* that shouldn’t even be 5* anymore. ridiculous.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: CommodoreConn

CommodoreConn
5 days ago#42
Honestly it still bugs me that they won't demote some 5 Stars and the last "mass demotion" was awful. I'd enjoy collecting units a lot more if every Year 1 5 Star only dropped into even 4/5 star pool, but that would also make DC easier to pull for so that's never happening.
Goddamn it, I hate this site but I also can't look away from it. It's like a trainwreck that just keeps perpetually happening every day.
~Cactaur512

User Info: 67chrome

67chrome
5 days ago#43
Realistically? Babysitter meta.

I've given up on Arena though, so I Voted for Mythic Heroes.

AR was really solid before that addition.

(Also Arena still has Legendary hero nonsense and it's BST scoring system - there's a lot of systemic issues with Arena).

Duo Heroes is w/e, seems like a potentially fun mechanic and we have a ton of low HP skills like Wrath, Vantage, Desperation, Brazens, Wings of Mercy, Escape Route, etc. to deal with it.
2019 "mass" demote kind of sucked given the heroes were just removed from the pool, but I see the weekly summoning events as directly tied to it and those are pretty solid.
Alts in general tend to be my favorite units, have used V!Lyn, V!Hector, and H!Mia for ages. Also dropped ALL my orbs to get H!L'Arachel. Alts are fine and part of the game, just wish characters were capped at 1~2.
Tap Battle re-runs is w/e.

Camilla doesn't deserve the hate she gets, Tiki is far and away the unit with the worst alts in the game. Fat Tiki is almost statistically identical to Hobo Tiki, and friggin' 4 of her "alts" all wear the same outfit. Alts. Wearing the same outfit. And she started the game with Y Tiki and A Tiki, which is just...IDK. The Tiki alts are such a waste of space and could have been occupied by other units that did something actually interesting, rather than 4 Tikis. Also Hobo Tiki existing just to be broken is dumb. That's a bad reason to be in the game. (So many other potential fallen heroes to run with as well, such a waste).
At least no 2 Camilla alts have the same weapon+color combo, and all of her alts are visually distinct.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#44
67chrome posted...
Realistically? Babysitter meta.

I've given up on Arena though, so I Voted for Mythic Heroes.

AR was really solid before that addition.

(Also Arena still has Legendary hero nonsense and it's BST scoring system - there's a lot of systemic issues with Arena).

I still consider the BST scoring to be the lesser of evils

or it'd have been AR before AR.

think 2 LAzura+Ophelia+ Alm is fun? Do it on Double wall map!
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: Meganium7

Meganium7
5 days ago#45
DreadKaiser posted...

I mean I have to do that on arena assault all the time anyway
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
5 days ago#46
It's still Ayragate
- Legendary heroes are a great addition because we know their next appearance ahead of time, so you can save up for them.
- Mythic heroes are the same-- I understand that people don't want to feel forced to pull for certain units, but in all honesty if you're a free player you have to make choices like that regardless.
- I don't think the babysitter meta is inherently flawed and I don't have more difficulty with it than other game modes. I do have fun beating people's souped up units with the Askr Trio.
- The 2nd anniversary wasn't intentionally malicious. Ayragate was.
- I've come to terms with how the older 5* exclusive units were treated. I do like all the free summons we've been getting as a result of the weekly banners and it's better than stuffing everyone into the 3-4* pool.
- Alts are fine.
- Camilla is fine honestly.
- I like Tap Battle
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677
Switch: https://i.imgtc.ws/q82EzDw.jpg
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Your_Master

Your_Master
5 days ago#47
Dual Arena skills were such a funny addition tbh.
Stay on topic.

User Info: 67chrome

67chrome
5 days ago#48
DreadKaiser posted...

I mean: if I can run anyone I want it's not that bad.

Just ran my +7 Kronya into an L!Azura, Reinhardt+10, Ophelia, and Liliana+10 team on the double-wall map.

Easiest map in Arena-Assault I had to deal with, she just Vantage-OHKOed all of them.
Or Athame OHKOed them, she got the vantage effect from that.
Gotta love Kronya when you're up against an all-ranged team.

Added to that: the main pain Alm brings is that running any effective counter for him (like Tri-Adept+Ravens) always comes with a massive score penalty.
If I could just run my Blade-Tome units against him I could easily OHKO him and he wouldn't be a problem ever.
If I could run my Tri-Raven-Tome units against him I could also easily EP him to death.
If I could run my Cavalry against him I could also run up and downsmash him off the map.
But NoOoOoOoO, Arena scoring wants me to use my +10 R Sword Infantry units or Armors, which mostly bend over and let him KO them.
(L!Azura is also everywhere to begin with, stupid B Dual Flyers. Every flyer I have is useful for Arena Assault because so many maps allow me to EP KO her on turn 1 if I can position a unit over various rivers/mountains or zoom over rivers/mountains to remove her 3-move bonus-doubler dance shenanigans).

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
5 days ago#49
Still Skill Inheritance. It ruined unit diversity and was the first major pro whale step post launch.
Switch FC: 2084-0561-4244, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also FGO but we don't talk about that.

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#50
TsunamiFox posted...
Still Skill Inheritance. It ruined unit diversity and was the first major pro whale step post launch.

wow.

that's quite an opinion you have there.....
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
  • Post New Message