• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
5. Camilla specifically

I want to put this at #2 or #1 out of spite, but my heart knows that wouldn't be true.

She's basically the main cause of all the hate alts get, and Fates get. Alt saturation? Check? Alts that are gratuitous? Oh yes. Let's go over all of them just to be sure!

NY!Camilla: Basically cucked Hinoka out of an alt. Her excuse is "Oh, Camilla is visiting Hoshido for the new years!" Becomes much better if you realize it's basically adversiting all three paths. Takumi = Birthright Camilla = Conquest Azura = Revelation That said, this is still my favorite alt out of all of hers.

Summer Camilla: It's boring in the sense it's another mage flier, but I honestly don't have an issue with this. It's basically her Fates DLC, and bikini banners are gratuitous by default.

Adrift Camilla: The very f***ing definition of unnecessary. The banner theme is Vallite themed, and specifically about Azura. Two "new" units are the Corrins. Which, fine, Corrin and Azura have a close bond. Mikoto was the actual(and only) new unit, and she would have some connection to Azura. But Camilla? A person who literally does not have a support with Azura in Fates gets a spot in? Literally why?

Yes yes. opposite personality which is nice, but literally why the f*** this banner?

Granted Adrift was wasted potential in a nutshell(And so was FF!Corrin as an aside. She loses control of her powers for one whole chapter in Fates before that never happens to her again. f*** at least make it so she's like a Corrin who never had friends or some s***).

Hot Springs Camilla: I mean. The entire banner was "Let's shill Fates Royals some more", do I even have to say anything else? Oh and her face and an even larger bust size, because whoever drew her really wants to draw hentai.

Brave Camilla is fine.

Spring Camilla is tacky as f***. I'm not even into fashion and I can see that. That color scheme is dreadful, please fire whoever decided that looked good. On anyone.

But Camilla makes money from horny teenagers and she doesn't actually make the game cancer by existing so this only gets #5.

4. Babysitter meta.

This killed arena basically. The thing is that this was basically done to wring the last bit of money out of it. When people spend months upon months raising up their favorite heroes, pulling for the strongest team they can make, the last thing they want is to have them regulated to cheerleaders. Whales can afford to pull for new units constantly, but for a lot of people this was it. Duel skills were created to help sell arena, but they keep doing things that discourage people from buying those as well. More on that later.

3. Legendary Heroes

f*** Legendary Azura.

Every other legend is more or less fine. Maybe Legendary Eliwood can make someone super scary, but otherwise you don't run into any one Legend enough for it to be a big problem.

Except for Legendary Azura.

f*** her.

f*** how she invalidates so many units.

f*** how everyone has her.

f*** how unenjoyable it is to play against her.

f*** how every dancer has to be compared to her until the game ends.

f*** how the only "cure" for her is seasonal locked.

But it makes IS $$$.
https://imgur.com/gOGzcN4
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: DoubleDragon

DoubleDragon
5 days ago#32
blasster posted...

I honestly never see arena change or mythic addition to be a big deal. In fact, it's prob thanks to this change, I can reach T21 / T26.
....And I think this hold true to some people as well.

Hell, I wanna see if AR regulars here have balls to say Eir or other mythic didn't help them reach T21. Two Eirs def helped me to dive straight into T21 back in February, I have no shame in admitting that.

Made into T21 with 1 Eir on the short season (5 days).

The lift gain aspect to mythic heroes was a huge mistake. Definitely the worst mistake by IS.
Abyssal Clears W/Nowi, Hana, Cecilia
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLwYHrdVa4E-hOweZWl3RlYNc6F61bpWZ

User Info: blasster

blasster
5 days ago#33
Deej posted...

I mean...it's damn near impossible to reach T21 without a score-boosting Mythic. Actually, is it even possible?

Errrrr, I honestly forget as well.
I think there might people who claim it's possible back then, but I really can't be bothered to read all those old 5hundo posts per topic, man.

AR is crazy hot back then and each topic reach 5hundo fast with people posting their each run. :v
Might need to find a topic about first person who reach the space.

Edit:
Or nvm, since Dread already said it's possible.
Mobage Playing: Chain Chronicle, Fire Emblem Heroes, Gundam Battle Gunpla War [F2P BTW]
(edited 5 days ago)
2. Duo Heroes

So you know how you bothered to give a s*** about AR? Well, sucks for you because this one hero can basically invalidate anything you had planned. You wasted orbs pulling for duel skills so a unit can have 170 BST? Well here's one with 185 BST. Enjoy the increase necessary to hit T21.

Went through a lot of work making units that can set up your bonus unit in arena? Well how about someone that can instantly take off half(or more) of the enemy's hp for free?

Basically Duo Heroes invalidates a lot of things. The problem is that it also essentially makes all the previous arena "boosts" useless, or at least far less tempting. Who cares about Duel skills at this point? How many babysitters compare to this new unit?

And this is just with Hector, and what limited data we have. Imagine what further terror they have in store.

1. 2nd Anniversary.

Let's hype up an anniversary.
Let's have the community spend 7 days voting for the units they want in a "special" banner.
Let's promise them they'll get one of those units for free.

And then let's actually make the unit they get free completely random, while trying to hype it up. Let's give the people who spent a week no agency in what unit they actually get, make it possible for them to get s*** IVs, and make the actual banner a 4 man banner with a 3% starting rate. Standard f***ing rates.

But even without the golden orbs nonsense, we received less orbs this year than the previous year, and while they gave us two free units... they too were random. Now some people will go "It's free, you shouldn't complain!" mostly people with no standards. It comes down to the same argument when it comes to whatever or not Legendary banners are great or not. If you do not care what unit you get, then great. If you actually care, then it's a huge chance for disappointment.

Getting a -Atk Spring Xander for free is the equivalent of getting absolutely nothing if you don't like Xander.

But we can argue over this all day. The biggest reason why this was the biggest mistake(Out of everything listed her) is because of one thing.

There was no money to make from this.

IS, for some braindead reason, decided the 2nd anniversary should be slots instead of something enjoyable. They gave us two seasonal units for free, but we couldn't choose who. We couldn't even choose which color to pull(If you wanted PA!Azura and didn't get any green orbs? Too bad).

There wasn't a banner for either of these, so what reason did IS have to not have us choose? What downside would there be to allow us to choose directly who we received from these seasonal pools? It was only one copy, the banners weren't out so we couldn't spend on them.

People who are happy are more likely to spend more. Who do you think would be happier? The person who got to choose their free Winter Lissa(Who they just couldn't pull last year)? Or the person who, because they never got a green orb, pulled red and got a Summer Leo they didn't want? Oh and it's +Def/-Spd.

And the "special" banner? Only 3%? Who wants to pull on those odds? That's not tempting. That's disgusting. It's your f***ing anniversary! Make it a celebration! Make the rate crazy high so people dump their orbs without thinking!

Imagine how much good will IS would get, if this banner was something crazy like 10%. That would have wiped away all their sins then and there.

Even something "sane" like 7% would make people happy.

IS basically opted out of lot of money, and a ton of good will for no good reason. That is why the 2nd anniversary was the biggest mistake.
https://imgur.com/gOGzcN4

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
5 days ago#35
Sideus posted...
smash fanatic posted...
Sideus posted...

and while it doesn't make that much of a difference, it's a clear sign that they're never going to become more available, which means everyone who wanted to build them got f***ed over except the omega whales who already have.

the weekly 4% revival banners literally disproves you

if anything they've become MORE available since now they're at least on 4% banners

basically

demoting Lucina/Karel/etc. into 3-star pool >>>>>>> removing them from the regular pool but putting weekly 4% banners >>>>>>> doing nothing

I don't really think being on one-time focus banners (because let's be real, they're not going to rerun) count as "more accessible". They're still 5*-exclusive, and still basically non-existent off-focus.

You're literally wasting your time and money if you are trying to get off focus 5-stars

The only shot you have of realistically getting a specific 5-star is if (s)he is on a banner.
You can't spell Salt without Alt - Poison-puffs

User Info: Juliansgirl

Juliansgirl
5 days ago#36
2nd anniversary and sulr(dragonlia lost is victor but he less offensive then sultr)
Demotion overhaul

User Info: Cody82

Cody82
5 days ago#37
It's still L!Azura, the bulls*** range makes AR unfun and forces us to run specific counters.

User Info: archidus

archidus
5 days ago#38
I wanna say the weird scoring system for Arena (and friends) which even caused IS to release skills to make 'weaker' units more relevant, but that takes away their A slot so it comes with a sharp price anyway

Also Legendary Azura. I have her and I love her but man would this game be so much more interesting without her.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
smash fanatic posted...
Sideus posted...
smash fanatic posted...
Sideus posted...

and while it doesn't make that much of a difference, it's a clear sign that they're never going to become more available, which means everyone who wanted to build them got f***ed over except the omega whales who already have.

the weekly 4% revival banners literally disproves you

if anything they've become MORE available since now they're at least on 4% banners

basically

demoting Lucina/Karel/etc. into 3-star pool >>>>>>> removing them from the regular pool but putting weekly 4% banners >>>>>>> doing nothing

I don't really think being on one-time focus banners (because let's be real, they're not going to rerun) count as "more accessible". They're still 5*-exclusive, and still basically non-existent off-focus.

You're literally wasting your time and money if you are trying to get off focus 5-stars

The only shot you have of realistically getting a specific 5-star is if (s)he is on a banner.

Yes, that is indeed what the post you are replying to is saying.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: Blaze_the_cat

Blaze_the_cat
5 days ago#40
Where’s Aether Raids in general?
Fire Emblem Heroes (FEH) ID: 7295169078
Switch ID: SW-7134-8173-8525; Mario Maker 2 ID ("Nathanatos") QR2-R3H-J9G
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
  • Post New Message