• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
1 week ago#101
The latest Hector
Here we go, off the rails.

User Info: brainrotter

brainrotter
1 week ago#102
Babysitter meta straight-up ruined a core mode

How can any of the other choices even compete with that?
We live as we dream-- alone. -Joseph Conrad
FEH FC: 0523262833 | +10s: Sigurd (lead), L!Hector, OG!Julia, Deirdre, OG!Reinhardt, SF!Nino, Ares

User Info: misterhuffnpuff

misterhuffnpuff
1 week ago#103
To me? AR in general.

It's like playing on that dual wall arena map, but every map.

Also filled with 3 mov flying units.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 week ago#104
DreadKaiser posted...
because it's a Gacha and regularly buffing units for free doesn't make money.

And yet FGO does this and is the most profitable gacha in the world.

DreadKaiser posted...
if these players had their waifus regularly buffed to keep up with the meta, they'd never need to roll again. thus never even consider spending. and yes, that contradicts how Gachas work as they are actively REMOVING a need to spend.

Uh dood, people have multiple favorites

Pickley- posted...
if skill inheritance never happened i probably wouldn’t be playing this game lmao

That's funny cause SI is what made me drop the game.
Switch FC: 2084-0561-4244, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also FGO but we don't talk about that.

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
1 week ago#105
And yet FGO does this and is the most profitable gacha in the world.

FGO =/= FEH, the systems are different.
in your hypothetical no SI world. once you pulled your 4 favorites. you are done summoning forever, unless they got an alt, you would have no reason to summon.
in FGO? can still roll for CE if nothing else.

and unlike 99% of FGOs cast, FEH are not original characters. people came to this game for their old favorites. once they have those favorites, they don't care about summoning the rest, much less spending for it.

a gacha that gives no reasons to roll is a dead gacha.

Uh dood, people have multiple favorites

true. and it changes absolutely nothing about what I said.

That's funny cause SI is what made me drop the game.

then do you even know anything of what happened here since 2017? do you know that every almost armor released in the past 2 years play basically the same? and do so with their base kit?

why are you even here? SI was the main selling point of the game and we knew it would have happened from the start.

give you a quick rundown. the game would still be full of cookie cuttered units. we'd still get armors with min-maxed stats and pre-built with skills that let them auto-double, like we do already.
we'd still get SS2 or ATK/SPD Solo pre-loaded on every glass cannon, like we do already
we'd still get a Speedy sword infantry that's just a bit faster and stronger than the one that came before, like we do already.

etc.

this no SI world you want would just make things worse. only difference is that we wouldn't be able to use our favorites to keep up with the power creep.
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: Zantetsuken_14

Zantetsuken_14
1 week ago#106
Babysitter meta. Basically killed arena for me.
FE Heroes Friend Code: 5682966771, FGO FC 080,988,987
31 5+10s and counting http://imgur.com/gallery/v63L27I

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 week ago#107
DreadKaiser posted...
in your hypothetical no SI world. once you pulled your 4 favorites.

No you intentionally dense person. Firstly, who only has 4 favorites. Second, there are reasons to roll besides "I already liked this character". Your incredibly narrow viewpoint is hindering your argument.

DreadKaiser posted...
then do you even know anything of what happened here since 2017? do you know that every almost armor released in the past 2 years play basically the same? and do so with their base kit?

Yes I know. I still have multiple friends who play that I discuss it with and I log in every now and then to do free rolls for s***s and giggles.

DreadKaiser posted...
SI was the main selling point of the game and we knew it would have happened from the start.

Now you're being contradictory. The selling point as you said multiple times is Fire Emblem. And no, we did not "know" SI was coming. It completely blindsided me when it happened.

DreadKaiser posted...
this no SI world you want would just make things worse. only difference is that we wouldn't be able to use our favorites to keep up with the power creep.

Have you read nothing in this thread? The idea isn't "No SI". The idea is they should've done SI in a good way or something outright better.
Switch FC: 2084-0561-4244, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also FGO but we don't talk about that.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
1 week ago#108
DreadKaiser posted...
unlike 99% of FGOs cast, FEH are not original characters

Only about 60% of FGO’s cast is new, actually, and that’s even counting new versions of old servants. Not counting the new alts, it would actually be about 50%.

*based on currently released servants in US

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
1 week ago#109
Babysitter meta.

It drastically decreased value in people's arena investments and completely changed how the mode is played.

I don't even care about Arena and it's still the worst thing they've done.

It wouldn't be bad if it was a new mode of some sort.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 401~K words/26 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: ExBioHazard

ExBioHazard
1 week ago#110
Duo Heroes.
People are sleeping on just how deep this hole can go.
They have found there way around 6*s by giving special abilities to certain new units. s***s not even inheritable.
The concept almost seems malicious, a literally free AoE attack.
Hell, they even made those AR structures to really double down on just how meta changing they intended for it all to be
It’s like they researched L.Azura cancer and found a way to concentrate that bile. I’m sure we will shortly see an ability that’s effects duo attacks...if only to sell the next unit.
I$, creating diseases to sell a cure since 2017
Most used units: F!Grima, Myrrh, Aversa, Ophelia, H!Jakob.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
  • Topic Archived