• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#11
Sideus posted...
Honestly, of these options, I'm going with the 2019 mass "demote". Most of the worst problems with the summoning pool would be immediately and entirely solved by demoting all the day 1 5*-exclusives and most if not all of the other year 1 5*-exclusives. We've been clamoring for it, the game needs it, and it was the perfect time for it.

So what does I$ go and do? The exact opposite of what they should have done. The units are now less accessible than they already were, and while it doesn't make that much of a difference, it's a clear sign that they're never going to become more available, which means everyone who wanted to build them got f***ed over except the omega whales who already have. It didn't even meaningfully remove them as "bad pitybreakers" because they can still pitybreak on almost every banner.

...wut

the thanosing didn't really change much

if you wanted those units.....you were going to wait for a rerun banner. being thanos'd didn't change that unless you were REALLY banking on them pity breaking you.

if you didn't want those units, then they can't pity break you on the new banners.

so no if you wanted them, they are exactly as accessible as before. because you still need to wait for a banner to have a realistic shot at them
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: supertortaman

supertortaman
5 days ago#12
For me, the problem is the lack of PvE content, and PvP being trash.

Aether raid is a cool idea, but it was done very poorly
FC 3ds: 4742-5145-1003
DreadKaiser posted...
Sideus posted...
Honestly, of these options, I'm going with the 2019 mass "demote". Most of the worst problems with the summoning pool would be immediately and entirely solved by demoting all the day 1 5*-exclusives and most if not all of the other year 1 5*-exclusives. We've been clamoring for it, the game needs it, and it was the perfect time for it.

So what does I$ go and do? The exact opposite of what they should have done. The units are now less accessible than they already were, and while it doesn't make that much of a difference, it's a clear sign that they're never going to become more available, which means everyone who wanted to build them got f***ed over except the omega whales who already have. It didn't even meaningfully remove them as "bad pitybreakers" because they can still pitybreak on almost every banner.

...wut

the thanosing didn't really change much

It doesn't change much, it's true, and the post you quoted admitted as much. That's part of the problem, though. It's a very minor change, and does technically make them less accessible, if only slightly. But it could have been something much more significant. The best part of their "removal" was getting a guaranteed revival banner, but that's still a raw deal because most if not all of them don't deserve their premium 5* status anymore (if they ever did).
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you
Anyway since I love hearing myself talk, here's a quick ranking.

Just kidding. I barely speak IRL.

9. Tap Battle Returns: A mode no one gives a s*** about, removing the one incentive to pretend to give a s*** about it. Also, I don't see how this mode makes IS money. A "mistake" to be sure, but who cares?

8. Mass Demotes in general: Biased as f*** ranking btw! But yeah, this was dumb by itself. Revival banners, on the other hand, are pretty rad. Three man, no color sharing, slightly boosted rates. Way better than hoping you randomly get pitybroke by the unit you're after(Spoilers: You probably won't). The only thing I oppose is that the same old s*** pitybreakers can still do so on skill banners. Just make Mist a 3*- 4*. This would be in the "top" 5 if not for revival banners.

7. Alts in general: Alts are fine. Over saturation of alts is the problem. Even when it's Fateswakening(Mostly Fates these days), you can't tell me that nearly as much people would take issue with it if the alts were people who are either not in the game, or who don't have any alts yet.

Winter Gregor would get nothing but love. Summer Effie would get very minimum hate. Those are some of the right people to get alts. Some of the wrong people include, but is not limited to: Fates Royals, Lyn, Camilla, Corrin, Book 2 OCs, and the SS Twins).

6. Mythic Heroes: This is 100% designed to sell you AR, let's not have any delusions as to anything else. In fact, this was probably the case before AR was even introduced. However,(And this is more bias), defense mythics are great. Because it allows you to not give a s***. Instead of wasting time and resources crafting together your best possible defense team... that will still give you -80 because the whole way defenses are set up is really f***ing stupid, you can just slap a bunch of unarmed units together alongside Duma and only lose -55. Or -40(?) if you have two defense mythics.

Be free from the burden of effort! Get your defense mythics and make AR a little less cancerous for everyone who runs into your team. Make someone's life a little brighter when they see your meme team, rather than yet another team where Legendary Alm and Ophelia are chiding in the back with Legendary Azura.
https://imgur.com/gOGzcN4

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#15
and most of em would be worse than existing 3-4* units too, demoting them all would have made them all very hard to pull any meaningful fodder, not to mention 11 copies of a demoted unit to build.

and the ones with good fodder, ie Hector, would have probably been excluded from the demote.

you were probably better off saving for a revival banner regardless
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
DreadKaiser posted...
and most of em would be worse than existing 3-4* units too, demoting them all would have made them all very hard to pull any meaningful fodder, not to mention 11 copies of a demoted unit to build.

and the ones with good fodder, ie Hector, would have probably been excluded from the demote.

you were probably better off saving for a revival banner regardless

Sounds good to me. I'd rather get any number of new characters I've never had before instead of launch day 4*s every time I summon. Gives me something to look forward to instead of the one demote that month, but I'm not summoning their color on the next banner anyway so nevermind actually.

I'm not saving up 200 orbs for a chance to get Mist, even though I like her and wouldn't be upset to pull her the first time as a random pitybreaker. I'm also definitely not saving up 1000+ orbs in the hopes of merging her up to +10 just so she can be a worse Lissa as a passion project, that's nuts. But I would promote her as I got her while pulling for Leanne or F!Tiki or Faye or something.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you
Babysitter Meta is still the worst IMO. Arena used to be the PvP mode which all the tier lists catered to and a lot of people liked Arena (granted a lot of people disliked it too). Babysitter Meta took all of that and took a huge dump right in the middle.

Aether Raids probably had a steeper fall from grace, but at least that was due to multiple bad decisions along with us realizing that the whole mode wasn't as fun as it first looked. Arena went from a respected mode to a joke overnight.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

User Info: shawnwalker

shawnwalker
5 days ago#18
f***ing babysitter arena and AR mythic. Let's punish actual skill for p2w aspects.
F2P/master of the unorthodox. Edgy archer boi Tankumi at your service: https://imgur.com/a/cCzKjDz
FEH code: 2089904057

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
5 days ago#19
I would have preferred if units like Lucina and Karel demoted (and obviously understanding if IS held out on units like Hector from demoting), even if it bloated the summoning pool.

At the minimum getting Lucina in the 3 star pool would make it easier for those who have her as their waifus to build her, and you've got units like Elidgan who if demoted would provide more sources of a decent given skill to help balance the fact that they're bloating the pool. It would help diversify the game.

Of course if IS had to pick and choose who demoted and who didn't, given IS' recent track record they may have left units to not demote but should have so it's no guarantee that IS would've handled it fairly. For example it's understandable if they didn't let Hector demote, but there's a chance that they don't demote Hinoka who is actually very safe to dump in the 3-star pool.

The 2019 demotion wave wasn't handled well, but it's far from the worst thing to happen in FEH.
You can't spell Salt without Alt - Poison-puffs

DreadKaiser
5 days ago#20
shawnwalker posted...
f***ing babysitter arena and AR mythic. Let's punish actual skill for p2w aspects.

you have any idea how much skill it takes to hit that "Duo" Button?
should be winning prizes here
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Biggest Mistake in the game? for reals this time
  • Post New Message