• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Practical AI Prediction

User Info: CaRmAgE

CaRmAgE
2 months ago#31
vervefeh posted...
A healthy dose of skepticism is great, and I'm always looking at feedback. However, I cannot replicate your claimed violation of Future Vision behavior. You also sound like you have more qualms than just that. Could you conjure any hard evidence of any contradictions that you have found? I do try to keep my guide as accurate as possible.

I suppose I could record every time I see L. Lucina again, but it might take a while to reproduce, since I have no clue why it even happened. It might even be Pair Up-related, which would mean I couldn't just test it with my own units in Mock AR.

As for other qualms, maybe I missed it, but the one thing about the AI that's been bugging me is figuring out when dancers will move first or nearby allies in situations where there are no "threats" and no-one to use assists on. The guide claims it's based on potential damage, but dancers have some of the lowest ATK in the game, and yet, I see them move first before every other enemy quite frequently.
3DS FC: 0559-6932-0703, FEH ID: 9998205028
FEH heroes list & HM farming strats: drive.google.com/open?id=1g3tpf6Jz_dttVNBkew731ku1wMtbqGz3w1NePD47X50

User Info: QuiteQuarky

QuiteQuarky
2 months ago#32
@CaRmAgE posted...
I suppose I could record every time I see L. Lucina again, but it might take a while to reproduce, since I have no clue why it even happened. It might even be Pair Up-related, which would mean I couldn't just test it with my own units in Mock AR.

As for other qualms, maybe I missed it, but the one thing about the AI that's been bugging me is figuring out when dancers will move first or nearby allies in situations where there are no "threats" and no-one to use assists on. The guide claims it's based on potential damage, but dancers have some of the lowest ATK in the game, and yet, I see them move first before every other enemy quite frequently.

When the AI can take the refresh action, i.e. when one allied AI unit has taken their action and is available to be refreshed, the tiebreaks used to consider which refresher of all available refreshers is the "optimal refresher" uses the tiebreaks in step IV part M for pre-combat regime decision making and step VI part L for post-combat decision making.

Generally it comes down to
- the refresher not threatening a player unit
- the refesher furthest from player units
- lastly, the above two being equal, lowest slot index which is mostly unknowable (you can make educated guesses tho)

lastly, the refresh action takes precedence over other actions except when the only available refresher will be engaging in a combat due to the >5 dmg rule
We're all just quark soup.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: vervefeh

vervefeh
2 months ago#33
CaRmAgE posted...
vervefeh posted...
A healthy dose of skepticism is great, and I'm always looking at feedback. However, I cannot replicate your claimed violation of Future Vision behavior. You also sound like you have more qualms than just that. Could you conjure any hard evidence of any contradictions that you have found? I do try to keep my guide as accurate as possible.

Understood. But if you do manage to reproduce it, would be greatly appreciate it if you could send it my way on twitter @vervefeh.

For dancers movement, I'm not sure if I understand exactly what situation you are referring to; if you just mean regular movement since you said no threats and no assist targets, then dancers are no different than any other unit and have order according to their attack range and having an assist (since they have dance of course), followed by a distance to closest enemy tiebreak, and lastly slot order.

Damage is only relevant outside of actual combat when: 1) They could make an attack but also could perform dance. If they could potentially deal >= 5 total damage to any target (ignoring specials, counterattacks), then they are ineligible to dance any allies. 2) Choosing which enemy to chase during regular movement in the paragraph above. However that does not affect the order in which they move.

Hope that clears some things up.
https://vervefeh.github.io/FEH-AI/

User Info: chunkyshtew

chunkyshtew
2 months ago#34
This is an amazing looking guide Quarky, thanks for making it! Also congrats on the sticky. We are now sticky bro's!
d(^o^)b ~ Please @ me in responses if you want me to see them!
#GotPringlesBack2014

User Info: QuiteQuarky

QuiteQuarky
2 months ago#35
Hey, thanks for the words of support! I had a good time making it :3
We're all just quark soup.
(message deleted)

User Info: CarrieChan

CarrieChan
1 month ago#37
Post #36 was made on 7/21/2019 10:31PM Pacific Daylight Time and it was modded, not self deleted.

Who posted?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Practical AI Prediction
  • Post New Message