• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Need different A/B skill

User Info: Dunedainsith

Dunedainsith
4 weeks ago#1
Okay...so im not having the best of luck getting Bonus Doubler for Jakob. My sweet Jakob will have to have something else in terms of skills. I have pity rate of 5.50% in this banner and at this point ill just be happy with any 5-star.

As of now...
https://i.imgtc.ws/x9fvNUa.png
F.C. 5086-7685-5833

User Info: QuiteQuarky

QuiteQuarky
4 weeks ago#2
fury/desperation gogogo
We're all just quark soup.

User Info: Dysias6

Dysias6
4 weeks ago#3
LnD3 is a good choice. Renewal's fine for now, especially if you're going to use him in the upcoming TT.

Dunedainsith
4 weeks ago#4
I dont really want fury+desperation because i have alot of units with that already and I wanted something else.

Is LnD good for the long run? And Renewal too? Id like long-run builds. If I get lucky enough to get Bonus Doubler ill slap that on him so fast.
F.C. 5086-7685-5833

User Info: QuiteQuarky

QuiteQuarky
4 weeks ago#5
Sorry... fury/desperation is on everything for a reason: it's a long run build. I encourage you to get funky with it and try stuff yourself but fury/desperation is going to be your strong af fall-back.
We're all just quark soup.

User Info: 67chrome

67chrome
4 weeks ago#6
Dunedainsith posted...
I dont really want fury+desperation because i have alot of units with that already and I wanted something else.

With Jackob: he really wants more stats in every area because all of his stats are below-average, so Fury is the best A skill that's readily available.

Fury 4 and Bonus Doubler are better A slots for the same reason: they can boost his mediocre-everywhere stats to respectable values.

If you need a solid A slot for the time being: Fury really is the best way to go with anything that isn't crazy hard to get.

Dunedainsith posted...
Is LnD good for the long run? And Renewal too?

Nope.

Life and Death is just a worse version of ATK/SPD Bond, ATK/SPD Solo, Brazen ATK/SPD, and ATK/SPD Push.

It's a budget 4* option for those skills.
Only benefit it really has is on units running Desperation/Vantage/Wrath to drop into low health zones more readily: though Brazen ATK/SPD just has better synergy and higher stats when you do loose HP.
And Jackob can't run Wrath, which would be the best effect of those 3 for him so he could shore up his low ATK with more power while benefiting from his reasonably solid mixed-bulk.

============================

As for Renewal:
Renewal is a solid B slot and one of the big 3 B slots available in the 3~4 star pool, the others being Desperation and Quick Riposte.

It's something you'll want to replace with a skill like Special Spiral or Null-C long-term if you're looking to make the best Jackob possible, but until you can get some juicy 5* locked B slots: it's not a bad skill to run with.
Particularly with Fury: as it can cut out the HP loss issues.
(message deleted)

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 weeks ago#8
Distant def 4 is amazing on him for a anti ranged set. Ideally you would run that with null c disrupt and bottled juice for the guard effect.

Fury desperation is boring as sin, don't do that
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: Dysias6

Dysias6
4 weeks ago#9
67chrome posted...
Life and Death is just a worse version of ATK/SPD Bond, ATK/SPD Solo, Brazen ATK/SPD, and ATK/SPD Push.

Except it works all the time, unlike those skills. Solo skills work best with horses, and if Jakob's next to someone, he has no A skill. Bond's the same but opposite situation and is easier to use. Brazen Atk/Spd's pretty good, but requires Jakob to get hit, which is a questionable decision. All these skills are premium as well and not necessarily easy to obtain

Lol at Atk/Spd Push being suggested. That skill is so garbage that only Sealed Falchion users want it, and even then it's questionable.

Jakob also comes with Renewal in his kit, so there's literally no trouble in using it for now.

Dunedainsith
4 weeks ago#10
67chrome posted...
Dunedainsith posted...

With Jackob: he really wants more stats in every area because all of his stats are below-average, so Fury is the best A skill that's readily available.

Fury 4 and Bonus Doubler are better A slots for the same reason: they can boost his mediocre-everywhere stats to respectable values.

If you need a solid A slot for the time being: Fury really is the best way to go with anything that isn't crazy hard to get.

Dunedainsith posted...
Is LnD good for the long run? And Renewal too?

Nope.

It's a budget 4* option for those skills.
Only benefit it really has is on units running Desperation/Vantage/Wrath to drop into low health zones more readily: though Brazen ATK/SPD just has better synergy and higher stats when you do loose HP.
And Jackob can't run Wrath, which would be the best effect of those 3 for him so he could shore up his low ATK with more power while benefiting from his reasonably solid mixed-bulk.

============================

As for Renewal:
Renewal is a solid B slot and one of the big 3 B slots available in the 3~4 star pool, the others being Desperation and Quick Riposte.

It's something you'll want to replace with a skill like Special Spiral or Null-C long-term if you're looking to make the best Jackob possible, but until you can get some juicy 5* locked B slots: it's not a bad skill to run with.
Particularly with Fury: as it can cut out the HP loss issues.

I do have Null-C that he needs to learn so I have that ready to go. I wanted Bonus Doubler with that and speed smoke and he would be all set with 5 more flowers. Yes, Im going full ham on Jakob. He's getting priority merges and flowers and now I need 5 more of him so i can finish the merges so into colorless oblivion for me!

Guess Ill go Fury/Desperation until i get a Bonus Doubler. I need Legendary Marth or Nah...man if the game would just be nice and give me Nah Id be happy as a clam.
Im not sure who his teammate or blessing should be either.
F.C. 5086-7685-5833
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Need different A/B skill
  • Topic Archived