• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Why does IS refuse to give out one free DC?

User Info: ImaginBreaker

ImaginBreaker
4 weeks ago#1
I don't get it. I know it makes them more money. But when you see them giving out other skill fodder for free then it makes less sense. Also at this point you gave out a free Loki. Which probably lost you more money than giving out one Distant Counter. It makes no sense. Just do what they did to Takumi for Hector one time and that's that.

They lose all this money by giving out free popular characters. Yet won't give out one free DC, makes no sense. Is it just image at this point?

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
4 weeks ago#2
Giving Brave Hector Ostian Counter was their way of saying free DC is never happening.
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.
The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

User Info: CrescentShadow

CrescentShadow
4 weeks ago#3
At this point skills are what the game runs on most likely, as that's the main thing every thing revolves around; the right set of skills all locked to a single different 5 star exclusive each can make a lot of less powerful characters strong as f***

sure stats play a part as well but skills are big factors and it's basically what you're all gaching for

the illusion is that the characters are the big seller now, when really it's just stats and skills

honestly the whole way the skill system works is the bane of the game
Switch Friend Code: SW-4583-7999-7863
Insect Glaive and Ghost Pokemon Master

User Info: hell_tanuki

hell_tanuki
4 weeks ago#4
CrescentShadow posted...
At this point skills are what the game runs on most likely, as that's the main thing every thing revolves around; the right set of skills all locked to a single different 5 star exclusive each can make a lot of less powerful characters strong as f***

sure stats play a part as well but skills are big factors and it's basically what you're all gaching for

the illusion is that the characters are the big seller now, when really it's just stats and skills

honestly the whole way the skill system works is the bane of the game

This exactly.
My 5* +10 units: Chrom, Ogma, Ares, Lilina, Effie, Shigure, Reinhardt, Bartre, Brave Ike, Hector, L!Hector and Myrrh.
My reds are merging by themselves =O

ImaginBreaker
4 weeks ago#5
I just want one for my Felicia :(

Maybe they make a powercreep of regular DC that everyone can use and stop being so strict with the normal one.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
4 weeks ago#6
Because, unless it's a direct gift, 1 free DC = 22 or 23 free DCs.
Palla is best waifu. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

ImaginBreaker
4 weeks ago#7
Mjolnirboi posted...
Because, unless it's a direct gift, 1 free DC = 22 or 23 free DCs.

That's what I meant. As like an exclusive one time only 4 star basic Hector for everyone. Just like Takumi.

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
4 weeks ago#8
It’s funny that I$ has gone out of there way to make sure we don’t get it. Look at FnV
Yoshikage Kira did nothing wrong.
Avid Jojo fan: How tf does King Crimson work

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 weeks ago#9
My Bowki can't kill for s***. DC is a premium skill. They only gave out free CC Takumi because Virion is ass and so is CC. CC has significantly less people who want it.
Master, your performance today was suboptimal. Initiating self maintenance...
I have worked stamina training into your schedule, please try harder.

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
4 weeks ago#10
DC would be really cancerous on lower levels of play, especially considering how many ranged units require a bigger investment than non-ranged, many ranged units also have crap bulk. DC is better off at high levels of play where the skill is largely irrelevant except for the juicy 300sp.

Either way, just my 2 cents on the issue but that is one particular skill I feel is better being gated.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Banjo&Kazooie and Sora as newcomers, funky kong as an echo.
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Kirito, Natsu, Naruto
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Why does IS refuse to give out one free DC?
  • Topic Archived