You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How is it that I can be bad at every mode in the game?

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
1 week ago#1
Aether Raids? I'm lucky if I can stay afloat in my tier.
Arena Assault? Takes me 4 hours to even get a streak.
Arena? I'm not even at a level where I can attempt to stay afloat.
Allegiance Battles? My scores always suck.
GHBs? Never beat them on my first try.
Abyssals? I always need advice, and even then, I struggle.
Grandmasters? I always have to check a guide.

I play this game for over an hour every day. I've spent money on this game on several occasions. I've played every mainline Fire Emblem game that has released in the west. But I'm still terrible at this game, I struggle with everything the game. How is it possible for me to be this bad at the game? Like, is there something wrong with me? Am I just that dumb? Everyone that I see on this board seems to beat content effortlessly. I'm not unlucky with my summons, I generally get what I want and I do get free 5* units occasionally. I might not be allocating my resources effectively though? But I feel like it's more than that, I'm just bad at strategy games.

Every mode stresses me out, I love Fire Emblem and I like seeing the new art and hearing the music and playing the easier modes. And when I am doing something that is at the level of challenge that I can do well at (which is a very, very low level) I have fun. But every week it seems like the level of challenge increases faster than I can keep up, and I get extremely stressed.

What do you folks do to improve? I have a general understanding of the game mechanics and skill descriptions, and I have a general understanding of turn order. Sometimes though I'm caught by surprise, especially by things like Rallies, Legendary Lucina, combat boosts and dancers. Most of the time I make a move that I know is bad because I just can't think of a better solution. I feel like I'm put into impossible situations where I can't win no matter what I do, despite having the same tools as everyone else. I'll find myself doing very little damage against an enemy that I have a color advantage against, while the enemy outright kills my unit. I feel like other people see things that I don't, or have strategies that I'm not taking advantage of.

I need help, I need advice, I just want to have fun with the game and not get stressed out all the time. I don't want to sacrifice rewards to do so, either, because that would be like admitting I'm a failure at this game, and less rewards means I'll fall even further behind.
NNID: SirRobX / 3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / Switch: SW-0894-5811-1700
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TheLegendofDev

TheLegendofDev
1 week ago#2
ReinLyn + 2 dancers
Here comes Justice!

User Info: Alligamer76

Alligamer76
1 week ago#3
I'm the same I thought I was good but the book 1 chain challenge 9+10 lunatic took me over 15 tries and I still barely beat it :( 11+12 took less tries but was just as annoying and I won on the last move.

CC is bs.
The little bird's wings have finally grown large, It's a day to take flight,
The wide sea's warm color beckons in the distance

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 week ago#4
Those modes all suck.

Fire Emblem is not competitive. And will never be. Stop treating ladders like they matter, this is not Starcraft or League of Legends. People who tryhard get laughed at as their reward.

I'm pretty good in all those modes and the answer is always to have the currently needed unit. Bonus units, double Eir for aether, Alm or Roy for allegiance battles. That's it. Your strategical or tactical knowledge is barely used. The requirement is slightly above auto battle tier - all that matters is having the units IS wants to sell.

User Info: Volo

Volo
1 week ago#5
I mean, you're T21 in AR so I dont know why you think you suck

Also, you have the highest score in AB in my friend list

Who doesnt look up tactics drills? Lol

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
1 week ago#6
TheLegendofDev posted...
ReinLyn + 2 dancers

https://i.imgtc.ws/fctRJky.png
https://i.imgtc.ws/sc3kdfy.png
NNID: SirRobX / 3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / Switch: SW-0894-5811-1700
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
1 week ago#7
Anything in the 925+ bracket is good enough in my book for Allegiance.

You already made it to 21 in AR. Nothing else matters beyond that, since you reset to 21 at the end of the week.

Assault comes down to being a cheap piece of chicken s***. Spam Gravity + Reposition. Use Lightning or Naga's Tear to break through walls. Use a Brave weapon user like Finn to initiate on Alm. Make LAzura break formation to attack an archer like Loki.

Arena is horses*** for this rotation. I don't think anybody is having a good time except those who pulled Alm.

Everybody uses guides for Grandmasters.

Abyssals come down mainly to sticking to your guns and investing in them until they work.

My rule of thumb for Abyssals is this:
If your team gets bodied on the first turn, you need a better team. If your team can get a decent start, it will probably make it to the end with some tweaks. Don't be afraid to overhaul a build just to take down an early enemy. Sometimes it's better to have a less versatile build against fewer enemies, than a more versatile build against a swarm of enemies who won't die. Sometimes you have to switch a Blade tome from Desperation to TA Breakers.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
1 week ago#8
SirRobX posted...
TheLegendofDev posted...
ReinLyn + 2 dancers

[Images]

Kill Micaiah with Eir first. Then send in the clowns.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS

User Info: Alligamer76

Alligamer76
1 week ago#9
ViewtifulGene posted...
Anything in the 925+ bracket is good enough in my book for Allegiance.

You already made it to 21 in AR. Nothing else matters beyond that, since you reset to 21 at the end of the week.

Assault comes down to being a cheap piece of chicken s***. Spam Gravity + Reposition. Use Lightning or Naga's Tear to break through walls. Use a Brave weapon user like Finn to initiate on Alm. Make LAzura break formation to attack an archer like Loki.

Arena is horses*** for this rotation. I don't think anybody is having a good time except those who pulled Alm.

And those who got picnic Genny or flora are having a good time too, everyone else yeah not so much.
The little bird's wings have finally grown large, It's a day to take flight,
The wide sea's warm color beckons in the distance

User Info: RenamonFOX

RenamonFOX
1 week ago#10
JCoconut posted...
Fire Emblem is not competitive. And will never be. Stop treating ladders like they matter, this is not Starcraft or League of Legends. People who tryhard get laughed at as their reward.

Sometimes, this guy says things that are right.

This is one of those times.

Fire Emblem Fates has a phoenix mode. There are people that enjoy that sort of thing. Not everyone has the sort of brain that is capable of or enjoys, for that matter figuring out how to make a puzzle work with the pieces you have, especially if your favorite pieces are not Surtr, Azura, or Lyn.

EDIT:

If you actually want advice on how to win in AR, Fae with Null Counter Disrupt and Distant Def 4 is able to stand in front of nearly anything on light weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDsH1qbu1PQ&t=1s
2019 demotions (3): Reyson, Thea, Mordecai
NintendoLover banned for mentioning cuddling. Filthy cuddlers! What's next? Hand holding? Glad to be rid of him!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How is it that I can be bad at every mode in the game?