• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. I was thinking about making a "community challenges" topic series.

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
1 month ago#1
Would you be interested in participating? (read the topic first to know what's going on please). - Results (9 votes)
Yes.
44.44% (4 votes)
No.
55.56% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm making this topic to gauge interest and discuss the rules before committing to anything.

The plan is that I'd put forth some "quests", and you guys earn points for clearing them. So the objectives here would be to have fun with the challenges and/or show that you're better than others by climbing up the Gamefaqs ladder (which I would have available for all to see in a Google Doc spreadsheet). These quests would be similar to GHB Elite quests, but with two main differences.

First, there would be more quest types such as a monocolor quest (use only Red heroes) or a continental quest (use only heroes from Archanea) in addition to Blessing quests for the first GHB rotation and Movement type ones for the second.

Second, there would be side-challenges available to each quests, and you get "medals" from Gold to Bronze depending on how well you adhered to the side-objective. These aren't worth points as they are a separate challenge but would be available for all to see as well and get a separate ladder of their own. These missions are separate from the actual quest so you don't need to complete them in a single run.

I've thought about the following medals for you all to hunt down, tell me what you think:

*Tactics medal: You get Gold if all allies are from different mov types. Having two units sharing a type drops to Silver, three units or two pairs drops to Bronze, and you get nothing for an Emblem team. Obviously, this medal is impossible for Movement Type quests.

*No-Support medal: You get Gold if nobody in the team has ally or summoner support. Having a single one of those drops to Silver, two to Bronze, three or more drops to nothing. The criteria will be by pairs, in case you try to abuse multiple Yato-refined Corrins.

*No-Refresher medal: You get Gold if no allies have a Dance-like skill. 1 Ally drops to Silver, 2 to Bronze, 3 gives you nothing. Future Vision is included here, deal with it.

*Blessings medal: You get Gold if no allies are getting bonus from a blessing. Silver if 1 person is getting boosted, Bronze 2, nothing if 3. Obviously impossible for Blessing quests.

*Merges medal: This medal is based on the unit with the highest amount of merges. If your whole team is unmerged, you get Gold. If the highest merge is +1, you get Silver. +2 is Bronze, and anything higher gives you nothing. (4* units have merge values count as half, so you can get Gold with up to +1. 3* or below gives you nothing because then calculating becomes a hassle and if you have a merged 1*-3* unit you are memeing anyway) This is so non-whales can have something aimed at them

...okay, so for points.

These depend on what kind of map we are talking about. Right now I'm only considering quests for L/G/BHBs but if enough people request it I could whip up quests for the Assault modes or certain Story Maps. I'm open to discussing in that regard, and would consider a medal for deaths taken (with Gold requiring you to do it all with a single team)

Right now I'm thinking of:

200 points for maps with reinforcements and a no-death condition
150 points with maps that have only one of the above conditions
100 points for maps that have neither of the above conditions
500 points specifically for LHBs (since they are usually way harder than things like Valter's map, I don't think they should score higher)

If you guys want Assault modes I'm thinking of:

300 points for Paralogue CCs
400 points for Main Story CCs or Squad Assaults
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

guedesbrawl
1 month ago#2
...And now for the big problem, getting proof of your clears. A video would be the safest way. There's plenty of apps to let we film our clears, and then post it on youtube and similar things. It's really not that troublesome.

The video would need to start at the menu so we can see the current season, and you'd have to show each unit to check for supports unless you straight up admit to their use in the video. Pics would be easy to "forge" since you can't prove a sequence of events, and just "I did it" would be unviable for obvious reasons. So it would have to be video clears or nothing as far as I can see.

Oh, and I ran out of space up above but I'm wondering what to do in regards to Abyssal vs Infernal difficulty. We don't have many Abyssals around, and they are well beyond many player's reaches... even more so when considering the quest objectives, let alone the medals.

Right now my plan would be to lock those to Infernal difficulty only.

So, what did you all think?
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#3
Hey guys I just did aaaaaall those just now. No video because I am your average Gamefaqs user and our internet reputation is how we decide who's lying and who's not. The more you suck up to people and pretend to be a friendly guy even if you're full of s***, the more people will sniff your butt!
7th General of Hel's Army
Just like her, I'd end you a thousand times over. I'd kiss your forehead as I did it. Because I love you. I do it because I love you.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 month ago#4
It won't start off because everyone had to watch 5 Minute+ Videos all the time....

And without proof, unfortunately we had lots of liers here on FEHFaqs.

I remind you of all the +10 flower Screenshots which are not possible yet

guedesbrawl
1 month ago#5
BloodMoon7 posted...
Hey guys I just did aaaaaall those just now. No video because I am your average Gamefaqs user and our internet reputation is how we decide who's lying and who's not. The more you suck up to people and pretend to be a friendly guy even if you're full of s***, the more people will sniff your butt!

Please don't do these kinds of posts in my topics, thank you.

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#6
guedesbrawl posted...
BloodMoon7 posted...

It's the truth though! Granted JCoconut there said it more nicely, but the facts remain!
Just like her, I'd end you a thousand times over. I'd kiss your forehead as I did it. Because I love you. I do it because I love you.

guedesbrawl
1 month ago#7
JCoconut posted...
It won't start off because everyone had to watch 5 Minute+ Videos all the time....

And without proof, unfortunately we had lots of liers here on FEHFaqs.

I remind you of all the +10 flower Screenshots which are not possible yet

Only I would have to watch the video since I'd be the one in charge. And actually you don't need to see the full clear to give the score out. I only need to check the season, the units used, and if they made it through the map. That's one or two minutes tops depending on my internet speed.

But thanks for reminding me of dragonflowers, ugh, I would have to put forth a medal for that atrocity too.

guedesbrawl
1 month ago#8
BloodMoon7 posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
BloodMoon7 posted...

It's the truth though! Granted JCoconut there said it more nicely, but the facts remain!

Sure but

guedesbrawl posted...
So it would have to be video clears or nothing as far as I can see.

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#9
Ok but how many people do you honestly expect will bother? You'll be lucky to attract trolls, let alone sincere takers.

User Info: CluB0-xx_Y

CluB0-xx_Y
1 month ago#10
This is an awful idea for a myriad of reasons. I actually feel bad the TC spent so much time thinking of this and typing it all up
NFLB 2019 Summersim Buccaneers: 3-1
The Best Posters Never Die!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. I was thinking about making a "community challenges" topic series.
  • Topic Archived