• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Are back to getting subpar free units.

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
1 month ago#11
Rutger > Haar > This Leo.

Yeah, it's only been getting worse lately. Like some fat hawaiin executive at IS decided "We're being too generous with free heroes, f*** them up like we f***ed up demotes and various other things this year".
I was wrong.

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 month ago#12
KawaiiTakumi posted...
Poison-puffs posted...
If you learn to res which I know is hard for you I said it limits him.

Would he be better at 30 speed where he still gets outspeed by pretty much everything

You can make 30 speed work though. L&D,Fury, and Atk/Spd solo exist paired with Darting blow and buffs. can give between 15-18 speed.
Yoshikage Kira did nothing wrong.
Avid Jojo fan: How tf does King Crimson work

User Info: Aloner

Aloner
1 month ago#13
KawaiiTakumi posted...
On what terms do you calssify picnic leo as bad? He seems to be a good defensive wall with a great base kit

You can't wall anything in 2019 with sub-30 defenses before skills and armor speed minus Wary Fighter.

He's just going to get doubled and die.

KawaiiTakumi posted...
Would he be better at 30 speed where he still gets outspeed by pretty much everything

At least a 30 speed unit can get buffed and avoid a lot of doubles that way.

21 speed is unsalvageable.
Please understand, Smash Bros. fans: Anyone can make a fake leak.
SmashBurb won the stage bet and was right about the box.

User Info: p3pdrake

p3pdrake
1 month ago#14
This 3rd Leo iteration is just so bad I feel sorry for him
FFBE IGN: Ken - 685 742 098
FFRK - (Elarra USB) SVp6

User Info: Zinie95

Zinie95
1 month ago#15
Also the problem is Cavalry lacking good skill inheritance tbh. Having stats of a Mixed tank really doesn’t mix well with being cavalry and their low BST. Not to mention he has no prf whatsoever. If they made him armor or even infantry, he could have worked that staline out so much better. Honestly nowadays if you are cavalry and you are not super offensive/glass cannon, I don’t even bother tbh.

User Info: KawaiiTakumi

KawaiiTakumi
1 month ago#16
Poison-puffs posted...
KawaiiTakumi posted...
Poison-puffs posted...
If you learn to res which I know is hard for you I said it limits him.

You can make 30 speed work though. L&D,Fury, and Atk/Spd solo exist paired with Darting blow and buffs. can give between 15-18 speed.

Lol so a worse olwen? Yeah I think leo’s niche as the only def green mage tank is perfectly fine. Minmax all the way.

Aloner posted...
You can't wall anything in 2019 with sub-30 defenses before skills and armor speed minus Wary Fighter.

He's just going to get doubled and die.

That’s why you stack defensive skills and give him fortify calvery to get to 53/57 defensives enemy phase. Or of course there is always raven tome. Mages special weapon effects more than make up for the lower defensives
Fire Emblem fan and fudanshi. OTP is ChromXMaleRobin :3
3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118, Switch friend code is SW-6645-6409-9976, Feh id 3660012766

User Info: The UnLucky Cat

The UnLucky Cat
1 month ago#17
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...
Rutger > Haar > This Leo.

Yeah, it's only been getting worse lately. Like some fat hawaiin executive at IS decided "We're being too generous with free heroes, f*** them up like we f***ed up demotes and various other things this year".

I think they figured out that giving good units for free didn't make anyone whale for mythics, so they stopped doing it.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: Juliansgirl

Juliansgirl
1 month ago#18
I$ better up the quality of the free units or no one will play AR. There will be no point and it will suddenly lose it purpose. I like Leo but this one isn’t worth the stress of AR. Last good free unit was panne.

User Info: The UnLucky Cat

The UnLucky Cat
1 month ago#19
Juliansgirl posted...
I$ better up the quality of the free units or no one will play AR. There will be no point and it will suddenly lose it purpose. I like Leo but this one isn’t worth the stress of AR. Last good free unit was panne.

Not to worry, all they have to do is give you one unit you want per year and you'll have no choice but to do AR for enough grails before the next year's unit comes out. They don't have to be good, just somebody you want to +10.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: DullahansXMark

DullahansXMark
1 month ago#20
Poison-puffs posted...
KawaiiTakumi posted...
On what terms do you calssify picnic leo as bad? He seems to be a good defensive wall with a great base kit

21 speed without some gimmick like Rein or Flora limits him a lot on offense. He can run Raven tomes but everyone and their mother has Cecilia. He’s way too slow to run Bladetomes effectively. Owl tome can work.
he’s a slightly better vanilla Leo

He's not even better. Vanilla Leo can reasonably block doubles from ranged units if you kit him right (which isn't even hard to do). And 33 > 29 Attack, but that gap gets mitigated a bit by Leo having a PRF, so you can't even say Pleo is way stronger or anything (well... Mirror Stance weapon notwithstanding).

People rag on Brynhildr way too much. It's actually a fantastic weapon (one Leo can actually take advantage of, most ranged units have piss-poor Defense and Leo only needs one more point than them. He has a Defense superboon, by the way.). The underlying issue with Leo is that he has trouble doing decent damage when he hits back, but as I said, you can build around that.
The official Berkut Dude of the FE Heroes Boards: https://i.imgtc.com/7bnX7gq.jpg
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpprLrFvNWXw6PdJMdCt2g |
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Are back to getting subpar free units.
  • Topic Archived