• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Struggling a ton with Aether Raids, any tips?

User Info: Nehpets700

Nehpets700
4 weeks ago#1
I struggle on both offense and defense. I'm quite competent at other modes in the game, like Arena and Grand Conquest, but I just can't play this mode for the life of me. I've had very limited success, and can't seem to jump out of tier 17. I find myself often demotivated to even play because of setups that seem just unbeatable. What can I do to improve my experience?
If you like Ike, join us here: https://discord.gg/a8K62X3
I had the very first post on the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia board.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
4 weeks ago#2
I found a setup that can cripple the attacking team quite well if all goes right.

Galeforce, Heavy Blade seal, Pass 3.

So many times my LEphraim has just zipped past the advancing tank to take out a glass cannon or two behind them. While he may not survive the enemy phase, at least he's taken out enough to start having their team fall apart.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw some stuff, stuff you can stay comfy with.

User Info: Nehpets700

Nehpets700
4 weeks ago#3
StellaLunaris posted...
I found a setup that can cripple the attacking team quite well if all goes right.

Galeforce, Heavy Blade seal, Pass 3.

So many times my LEphraim has just zipped past the advancing tank to take out a glass cannon or two behind them. While he may not survive the enemy phase, at least he's taken out enough to start having their team fall apart.

Hmm, I might be able to replicate that with my Eliwood. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.
If you like Ike, join us here: https://discord.gg/a8K62X3
I had the very first post on the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia board.

User Info: Buster-Blader

Buster-Blader
4 weeks ago#4
Use this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5gf1cAUSDg
Roy and Friends VS. Series:
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHtS8tmpvac2zTsq1s5WlQ6fwU5aQTl-T

User Info: digitalstarry

digitalstarry
4 weeks ago#5
Build a 4+10 Cecilla with Raventome, TA, and Bowbreaker. That counters the most common horse setups

Build a Vantage Archer/Dagger with Fierce Stance seal and Salvage Blow. This counters some annoying mage setups. If you put Close Counter on them they can counter flier balls too. I recommend either Sothe or Jeorge, since Sothe has his mass debuff dagger or Jeorge because he takes less damage from magic and has innate Fierce Stance against ranged.

Build a +Res Fae and stack her with a lot of res buffs. This counters Ophelia setups

Build Aversa and give her Axebreaker to counter Surtr.

Build a Falchion user to counter dragons, Masked Marth is good but any of them works.
3DS FC: 0404-6897-6322
Also known as planetarial

User Info: OmnimonX12345

OmnimonX12345
4 weeks ago#6
I haven't tried Galeforce myself, but I've seen a ton of maps with the traps laying two spaces away from the furthest unit at the least, so no trap danger at a melee level. So if you have someone or a few capable for that, why not try it?
Me, I've been stuck at T19 for a while with my lowly Micaiah and Ophelia. Best of luck to you!
"they'll heal you till you get cancer" ~Barnedion

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
4 weeks ago#7
- Have at least one Smite user on your team to activate traps without the target using an action
- Invest in a Savage Blow Pain user to deal with armored teams easily
- Invest in a red mage to counter Surtr
- Invest in Wings of Mercy dancers and take advantage of the enemy Bolt Trap to activate Wings of Mercy
- Invest in a unit with Galeforce and a Heavy or Flashing Blade seal
- Invest in the Panic Manor on offense as it affects half the map
- Invest in a unit with high mixed defenses, like an armored unit or dragon and take advantage of team support options (like M.Corrin with his Yato effect or Marth with his Drive effect)
- Watch out for Aversa's effect and take into consideration units who can warp
- Prioritize investing in your offense team, then once you're confident in it, you can start investing resources into your defense team
- Have at least one team focused on rushing the opponent and at least one team focused on baiting the opponent
NNID: SirRobX / 3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / Switch: SW-0894-5811-1700
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
4 weeks ago#8
Get a non-Armor Megatank

those can cheese most things

Invest in Fjorm all she needs is Warding Breath. she'll be on regular rotation (she'll be on bonus in 4 weeks) and she Trivializes everything with Infinite Ice Mirror and bonus stats
The Omnipresent Connoisseur of Quality Fanart and $%!@Posting.
Eternal Champion of the 500 Game

User Info: Sad_Face

Sad_Face
4 weeks ago#9
What units are on your offensive team TC?
imgtc.com/i/4HgTl0ebzq.jpg imgtc.com/i/60CWP2Gtlg.gif

User Info: ToiseOfChoice

ToiseOfChoice
4 weeks ago#10
Small boost nobody mentions: change your supports around for the units you're actually using. Even just getting an extra 1/2 Res from a C support can make a difference with mages defining the AR meta. Summoner Support too.

Fastest way to grind those is to auto-battle Chain Challenge 1+2 on Normal.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Struggling a ton with Aether Raids, any tips?
  • Topic Archived