• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. I'm surprised they've released Royal Laguz first...

User Info: Dark_Luna3

Dark_Luna3
1 week ago#1
It would have made far more sense to release non-royals such as Lethe/Lyre/Morde/Volug/Panne etc... so they can power-creep them latter on with the royals (which would make sense).

So that begs the question... How are they going to release the latter units while still making them feel as worthwhile (or stronger...?) than units such as Tibarn? Will they all just become demotes who can be easily merged? Free units? Unique if not super-powerful skills? It just seems strange that they would release the most canonically powerful units first. I mean, they still have room go nutty with someone like Caineghis, but that's about it.

The Herons seem fine since Rafiel and/or their... ancestor can be released in the future but otherwise... seems odd.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 week ago#2
You're surprised they released the Laguz the vocal minority cared about first?

No, if anything you should be surprised they released any beasts other than Selkie first. Selkie is the only one with a real fanbase to speak of.

She's from a game people actually played for starters.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
1 week ago#3
Are you really questioning this when the almighty demonic doom dragon loptous is a below average red tome infantry and the invincible hacker dark mage gharnef is also a below average red tome infantry
NNID: SirRobX / 3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / Switch: SW-0894-5811-1700
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677

User Info: ReinhardtPence

ReinhardtPence
1 week ago#4
I present to you within the second post, Glue Sniffer Extraordinaire
LIGHTNING IS POWER!
Sword Reinhardt True Solo count: 9

User Info: Emperor_mateus

Emperor_mateus
1 week ago#5
emagdnE posted...
You're surprised they released the Laguz the vocal minority cared about first?

No, if anything you should be surprised they released any beasts other than Selkie first. Selkie is the only one with a real fanbase to speak of.

She's from a game people actually played for starters.

She's also an incredibly minor character. To me it would have felt wrong if they introduced beast units through some unimportant fanservice character rather than through a core feature of one of the deeper games.
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...

User Info: Winsage

Winsage
1 week ago#6
By giving them powercrept skills obviously.
NNid: Windsage

User Info: Street_Overlord

Street_Overlord
1 week ago#7
Tibarn isn't a waifu.
Lethe is.

Therefore Lethe will be the royal Laguz in this game.
God bless Iguanas.

User Info: Renkencen

Renkencen
1 week ago#8
Ikr TC?! I mean Lethe, Ranulf and Mordecai were the first playable beast units (well Ranulf later on) in PoR althought this is RD and I do recalled Nailah was playable at the first compaign.

Anyway at the point, since they were fast units, I can expect Lehe to be like a strong PP unit so maybe a beast version or Arya/ Karla if they want them to powercreep the firstwave?

Also I thought Leanne and Rayson to be powercreep dancers aswell cos once transform, they will have 3 space movement but I suppose we will have to wait and see on Friday.

If it turn out they are not so OP dancer then I guess that would leaved it to Rafiel?

User Info: KariyaLollipop

KariyaLollipop
1 week ago#9
Well they still have armor and cavelry move types to work with. I could see them giving cavalry type to quick shifters like the Kitsune and Tagul, and armor type to beefier folks like the wolfskins or lions. Both Infantry and fliers got special effects based on their movement type, so they can still roll out some novel stuff.

Also any time they wanted to really creep all they'd have to do is release dragon laguz who're canonically more powerful than all the other potential beasts.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

User Info: Vegito777

Vegito777
1 week ago#10
because they aren't popular as fates/awakening or FE icons like Ike or hector.

it is a vocal minority at best,and they released the most popular known ones.

if they released the lower ones nobody will care
FE:Awakening have revived FE from death,it is a good game accept it.
best waifus:camilla,kagero....best husbandos:hector.................................tibarn
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. I'm surprised they've released Royal Laguz first...
  • Topic Archived