• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. There are so many Surtr's in Arena Assault

User Info: shootingfoul

shootingfoul
1 month ago#1
This is a week where I got a loss in my AA runs a lot, forcing me to repeat, however, out of 22 games, I faced 17 Surtrs. I just thought it was something interesting to know. How about you guys, have you guys been facing a lot of Surtr's lately?

User Info: DarthMahan

DarthMahan
1 month ago#2
Every and now and then, but I run Dream Camilla at the moment and she devours him.

User Info: Toney

Toney
1 month ago#3
Yep. Every team (including my own).
It was the same when L! Hector came out. It was the same when L! Tiki came out. It was the same when H! Myrrh came out.

We don't call these "whalebait" for no reason.

The good news is that, while he's ridiculously powerful, he can be killed in the same way every other green armor can: Red magic or armorslayer + axebreaker.

It might be harder in regular arena, where you likely won't have a hardcounter (I do run my Askrs with armor effective weapons), but I don't see him as a problem in AA.

User Info: Eagle_hunter

Eagle_hunter
1 month ago#4
I feel your pain. Try Aether Raid you can't do anything with melee units. Unless you have strong and semi-bulky red mage to wreck him

And been trying to pull him, and stuck with 4.25%, but he'll come next time. Already got soo many green armor units anyways.
"If you've got enough free time to fantasize about your beautiful death... Why don't you just live your life beautifully to the end"-Sakata Gintoki-

User Info: WarmingBlasters

WarmingBlasters
1 month ago#5
Lots of HMyrrh/Surtr combos out there. Meh, Selena and/or Florina get to have some fun. I actually have a couple Surtrs on the main account now so I have the options there.
"As expected, he is claiming you have committed blasphemy. Warming blasters. Combat is inevitable." -- HK-47 (KOTOR)

User Info: empireoffire

empireoffire
1 month ago#6
Yes. Tobin's working overtime.
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf

User Info: Derbmeister

Derbmeister
1 month ago#7
I think i've 90% of my regular arena matches have a Surtr as well. Makes fjorm season suffering

Thankfully most people opt not to give him Distant Counter so red mages have a better time in AA
http://i.imgur.com/dAskO.jpg
NME_Enterprises

User Info: Kaze_no_Ou

Kaze_no_Ou
1 month ago#8
Derbmeister posted...
I think i've 90% of my regular arena matches have a Surtr as well. Makes fjorm season suffering

Thankfully most people opt not to give him Distant Counter so red mages have a better time in AA
arena assault is where you can only use a unit one time per map?
Like the blessed gardens?
https://i.imgur.com/5jrYZi8m.jpg

User Info: digitalstarry

digitalstarry
1 month ago#9
List of common, easy to make Surtr counters for AA

Alfonse w/TA refine
Tobin w/his base weapon refined and Axebreaker
Lilina
Lyon w/TA (since you’re likely to use him with TA anyway)
Caeda
Arvis w/Fury to ploy him

Requires more setup but works

Red Bladetome mages
Dazzling Pain healers
Any sword unit with Armorsmasher (Soleli is a good budget pick)
Masked Marth with Sealed Falchion + Brazen in A slot + Atk/Def Bond or Close Defense seal.

Meme counter

Arden with his basekit, Darting Blow+Speed+3 seal

He’s also extremely susceptible to ploys and chills, given that he’s usually the last unit on the field and is stuck at one mov.
3DS FC: 0404-6897-6322
Also known as planetarial

User Info: Fatalis_Mien

Fatalis_Mien
1 month ago#10
Surtr also counters himself. Anyone who runs their own Surtr can just bait the enemy Surtr and use Sinmara to knock his HP low enough to one shot.
3DS FC: 3497-1609-6298 IGN: Zachery [Anything Really]
Member of: The Paliclan/Nyanclan
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. There are so many Surtr's in Arena Assault
  • Topic Archived