• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Ylgr (+ATK-SPD) or (+RES-HP) buh buh buh Sylgr... buh buh buh OHKO

User Info: Petragen

Petragen
1 month ago#1
what's the better Ylgr IV - Results (19 votes)
+Atk/-Spd
26.32% (5 votes)
+Res/-HP
73.68% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The +ATK Ylgr I got with 4 orbs, after spending like 10 to get +ATK-SPD Surtr.

Then I put 13 more orbs and got another Ylgr.

I am just so lucky. Blue eyebrow baby. She's so sweet and she's really good and fun to use.

The +ATK one is pulverizing everything. She doubles everything anyway, even with -SPD. But she doubles automatically if she has 1 more speed, so when really put to the test, she might need that speed.

On the other hand, with +ATK, she can OHKO most glass cannons anyway.

But do you think I should lose the SPD bane or keep the ATK boon? She has enough bulk to survive a strong hit thanks to her even defenses and speed. LMK in the comments and help me decide.

I'd love to merge her but I need Spd Tactic for my babysitter core.

Here's what Gamepress has to say:
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/ylgr

Boons
+SPD: With an already fantastic base Speed stat of 38, Ylgr greatly benefits from elevating it further to maximize her offensive potential as well as to more reliably make use her unique weapon, Sylgr.

+ATK: Although generally not quite as good as a Speed boon, an Attack boon is still a great alternative option that serves to boost her raw damage output.

Neutral
HP: As the main contributor to her bulk, Ylgr prefers to keep her HP stat intact. Moreover, taking an HP bane results in a four-point decrease as opposed to the usual three, making it best to avoid lowering this stat altogether.

Banes
-DEF / RES: Sitting at a base value of 22 and 20 respectively, Ylgr’s defensive stats are downright poor. A bane to either of them can be considered ideal as her relatively decent HP pool is generally enough to let her safely take a hit from an opposing foe, regardless of the chosen bane.

User Info: KawaiiTakumi

KawaiiTakumi
1 month ago#2
Ylgr has enough speed and with her weapon and swift sparrow she can easily double pretty much anything already. She needs the extra attack though so +atk -spd all the way
I like Fire Emblem and all things Nintendo

Petragen
1 month ago#3
KawaiiTakumi posted...
Ylgr has enough speed and with her weapon and swift sparrow she can easily double pretty much anything already. She needs the extra attack though so +atk -spd all the way

Yep, that's what I'm feeling pretty strongly about. Even with Fury maybe. Or atk/spd solo

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
1 month ago#4
You still want the +SPD over +ATK as there are speed demons like Ayra or Mia that are still hard to double af. You need the Sylgr bonus to proc so she wins the speed war and be able to double and kill them.
5* Lvl 40+10s: Kaze, Spring Catria, Micaiah, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Linde, Olwen, Ishtar, Odin, Lucius, Surtr, Ylgr, Tailtiu, Helbindi, and 79 others.

Petragen
1 month ago#5
CeruleanGamer posted...
You still want the +SPD over +ATK as there are speed demons like Ayra or Mia that are still hard to double af. You need the Sylgr bonus to proc so she wins the speed war and be able to double and kill them.

Yeah I would like +SPD/-RES, probably, but I don't have a +SPD option. I just have +ATK-SPD and +RES-HP.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Ylgr (+ATK-SPD) or (+RES-HP) buh buh buh Sylgr... buh buh buh OHKO
  • Topic Archived