• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. This is the end for me

User Info: aimingdevice

aimingdevice
3 weeks ago#1
I've thought about it long and hard but no matter what manner I go through it the game has become nothing more than a chore to me - a rather tedious and boring kind of chore that gnaws at you continuously until you pull yourself to force it to be done.

As a day one player I enjoyed the game - so much in fact that I whaled a lot during the games first 10 months. Granted, the money I spent is probably no where near as much as the more famous whales on this board - Whistle, Cerulean, Torr, etc, but for the most part I've probably spent more than say about 90% of the rest of the board, give or take. This is a guess by the way.

Do I regret spending so much? At times, yes, but no matter the cause, it was disposable money that I had that I could spend on. This wasn't one of those 'infamous' situations where I was spending mindlessly until I realized I couldn't pay for my tuition (lol, seriously on that). This was my first gacha experience ever and I love the FE series so yes, I bought into the hype that is common with these types of games. Even though I stopped whaling since December of last year it really made me fall into the Catch-22 situation of the sunk cost fallacy - that if I endured long enough I would make up or break even with the amount that I played over the year. I kept that excuse for the past 6 months until I realized that forcing myself to play the game for that reason alone was nothing more than what it was - a flawed excuse to forcing me to stomach the game.

Was the recent banner reveal the last straw that broke the camel's back? Absolutely not. As I said earlier, the past week has been a complete struggle to play with the dedication I had in the game's early days. Even with the new mode the game at least to myself continued to fall into that typical mundane routine - do my arena run, my dailies, do some tedious other modes like TT/Tap battle/etc, repeat everything all over again, week by week. I told myself I would wait until update 3.0/Book 3 before deciding to quit or continue playing but the tedium of playing until then was wearing down on me very quickly.

Yes, I know, tldr - but what I want to say is that if you enjoy the game, then continue playing the game. Don't let my post sway you from anything else. This is what I felt so the decision, although hard, was my justification in quitting. In the end, I wish everyone here good fortune and luck in whatever they desire in the game - whether it be seeing your favorite(s) units being in the game, getting that elusive unit or units or whatever else you desire of the game.

I know I dont really talk much on the board - in fact, I prefer to lurk more so I understand if you don't know me or care for me. I can say for certain though that I will no longer have any reason to return if you see the picture below. Whatever the case, it was an enjoyable experience being a member of the board through the good and controversial periods in the game. Again, good luck to you all that continue finding enjoyment in the game. ^_^

Peace! I'm out!

https://i.imgtc.com/4JxlJo0.jpg
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. -Sun Tzu

User Info: Reno_Ragestar

Reno_Ragestar
3 weeks ago#2
k

User Info: Oresama

Oresama
3 weeks ago#3
Rip those 2,4k orbs.
Hit me up if you need some conquering to do: https://imgtc.com/i/pYPtegB.png

User Info: CommodoreConn

CommodoreConn
3 weeks ago#4
I have to wonder why people go to the trouble of writing some big wall of text saying they're leaving. If you hate the game just quit then, why go to the effort when you're just going to get a bunch of "literally who are you and why should I care" posts unless you were someone well known like endgame.

Is it for the few attention? Are you trying to heavy handedly convince others to quit because of your burning hatred for a video game? Regardless it doesn't matter I suppose.
Goddamn it, I hate this site but I also can't look away from it. It's like a trainwreck that just keeps perpetually happening every day.
~Cactaur512

User Info: BKmk2

BKmk2
3 weeks ago#5
Could use a whale alt :V

Didn't have to delete it bruh
"Pulling for Hector will only cost an average of over $1000. That's not much in the grand scheme of things." - BusterBlader

User Info: Meganium7

Meganium7
3 weeks ago#6
good on you man this s*** is going down the drain hard

I certainly dont have the will to overcome the sunk time yet
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
3 weeks ago#7
You had to stay strong for Lucia
Goodbye :(
Dana is best girl ~

User Info: Meio_Izanami

Meio_Izanami
3 weeks ago#8
nobody cares
playing fighting games for the story is for losers

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
3 weeks ago#9
Well, seeya.

Honestly with these banners I think the only things keeping me here are the idea that I can finally merge Joshua to max and seeing how many more orbs I can stockpile.

Oh, and being obnoxious, I guess.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw some stuff, stuff you can stay comfy with.

User Info: KamiUsagi

KamiUsagi
3 weeks ago#10
Shame to see you go but, if you're not having fun anymore, it's for the best. :)
FC: 1221- 0720- 5488
ACNL IGN: JRD from Tokyo / Pokemon Moon/Omega Ruby IGN: Sakura/ Ultra Sun IGN: Sasami
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. This is the end for me
  • Topic Archived