• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Real talk: Does anyone actually like Chrom?

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 week ago#1
I mean, let's say he wasn't the protagonist of Awakening and was a side character like Vaike.

Would he still have ranked #1 on the official Awakening poll? lolno.

What merit does he have if he's not the protagonist?

Do people like him for reasons beyond being the protagonist?

Is his actual personality (dumb jock until he comes face to face with Gangrel or Walhart then goes self-righteous bloodlust mode) something people actually like?

Are they just thankful to him for making their waifu Lucina?

Because..... I'm not seeing the case for Chrom getting treatment like getting into Smash, having more alts than Marth with an inevitable legendary alt on the way meaning he WILL hit 5 at some point, etc.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: UnownGamer

UnownGamer
1 week ago#2
If this weren't a post by you, I'd consider answering seriously, but considering it's you, I won't as arguing with you is just an endless and stubborn back and forth.
Have a nice day.
Feast your eyes on the Gods of Death! http://imgur.com/NAJS9Hg
Add me in Heroes while you're at it: 747-9272-578

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
1 week ago#3
I always liked him just because he didn't have a gimmick like everyone else in Awakening tbh. It made him feel more like an actual person and ironically made him stick out from the exaggerated cast.

He also gave some pretty good speeches.
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.
Endy-wendy is just tsuny-wuny for the loli-wolis~! :D - Endgame

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 week ago#4
If this weren't a post by you, I'd consider answering seriously, but considering it's you, I won't as arguing with you is just an endless and stubborn back and forth.
Have a nice day.

If you're going to give such a worthless response, don't even bother posting, child.

If you find yourself unable to have a dialogue with me, the problem is you. And you just demonstrated that wonderfully.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: lolhaxxor

lolhaxxor
1 week ago#5
I'll be perfectly honest, when I played Awakening (and the two times I replayed it), I completely ignored Chrom. Robin just felt like the actual protagonist, even though Chrom's in every mission, a descendant of Marth, who undergoes the Awakening that the game is named after, Robin always seemed to take the spotlight away.
please help i am bees

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
1 week ago#6
Well, I don't find him particularly interesting... at all, but he does have some good quotes.

One I remember well went something like:

"There's more to fighting than just swinging a weapon around".

It's funny, cause I used that as an example earlier when explaining that ranged dancers don't need good stats. They're there mostly just for support.

After having played through Awakening a few times, I did feel more and more annoyed by Chrom if I'm gonna be honest. How you had to use him on nearly every single map, even DLC maps, and how he felt more like a main character than Robin (who I find more likable), stealing the spotlight a bit too much.

He also had limited supports and limited classes. Not exactly a very flexible unit. You could only do so much with him every playthrough.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
1 week ago#7
UnownGamer posted...
Have a nice day.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 341K words/22 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: Raltrios

Raltrios
1 week ago#8
I like him, but his character has always felt a bit bonkers to me. The guy who smashes walls and breaks training dummies is supposed to be a lumbering, loud, musclebound idiot like the Vaike. Which are types I dislike. Chrom isn't like that at all, and that disparity keeps confusing me when I'm evaluating him.
3DS FC: 0104 - 3503 - 2020
Fire Emblem Heroes friend ID: 9492462017

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
1 week ago#9
Endgame posted...
Have a nice day.

If you're going to give such a worthless response, don't even bother posting, child.

If you find yourself unable to have a dialogue with me, the problem is you. And you just demonstrated that wonderfully.

yet you post worthless garbage every day, and refuse to have any dialogue whenever anyone (everyone) disagrees with your sometimes objectively wrong statements

It's no wonder
The Omnipresent Connoisseur of Quality Fanart and $%!@Posting.
Eternal Champion of the 500 Game

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
1 week ago#10
It's kinda sad how often Dread comes into Endgame topics just to talk smack when he knows he's blocked lmao
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.
Endy-wendy is just tsuny-wuny for the loli-wolis~! :D - Endgame
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Real talk: Does anyone actually like Chrom?
  • Topic Archived