How often have you suffered DIRECTLY from power creep?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How often have you suffered DIRECTLY from power creep?

User Info: TheLastSmile

TheLastSmile
4 days ago#1
By directly, i mean besides 'oh my +10 OG Hector isn't as good as a +10vHector in many scenarios'

After realizing that it's usually just a matter of BST and Score that causes the most grief in Arena, I decided that FeH powercreep really isn't that bad.

Blue LTiki+10 still dies to my goaded Red Atiki+10, or my desperation FGrima so f***it. LMarth is a joke.

Yes base kit Karla can kill my winter Tharja, but keeping that in mind after one such occasion, I just used a blue and some strategy etc.

Basically if you get the newest best unit and whale/use hoarded orbs until they are +10, what get is temporary easy mode for awhile.

But it really doesn't diminish the gaming experience to not have a +10 Brave Hector or HMyrrh.

Ultimately as new skills come out and other updates unfold, older units become more relevant and the amount of strategy increases.

The game is doing fine, we just should get more orbs and playable content.
Yes it's me.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Dysias6

Dysias6
4 days ago#2
Never.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
4 days ago#3
Ended up getting a perfect IV Elise as an off-pull...

...a few days before CYL2.
Keep yourself caffeinated or somethin' and support my vidya-buying habits https://society6.com/redpawdesigns/s?q=popular+mugs
PSN: TheReddfawks

User Info: madninja1

madninja1
4 days ago#4
Sometimes the powercreep is just insane though. My res refined +10 Fae can't bait LTiki thanks to that divine breath, in fact, most of my green units can't because they have pitiful resistance. I have to rely on 1 shotting her with Hammer in AA. The same can be said about H!Myrrh and her insane defense that means she can survive and annahilate in return most non Slaying Spear users.
There is only room for one boss...
FC: 1908-1619-7613 IGN: Ace

User Info: KawaiiTakumi

KawaiiTakumi
4 days ago#5
I merged my second og hector :(
I like Fire Emblem and all things Nintendo

User Info: Arthaiin

Arthaiin
4 days ago#6
Never

My +10 Selena can still tank and kill every single unit in the game with 2 exceptions, Legendary Hector and Sword Breakers.
Some of the greatest catastrophe's ever committed by man have been done with the "Best of Intentions."

User Info: digitalstarry

digitalstarry
4 days ago#7
I spent a lot of orbs chasing OG Ike and don’t even use him because his Legendary form is just plain better
3DS FC: 0404-6897-6322
Also known as planetarial

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
4 days ago#8
Never
Young Tiki has only gotten more viable
The Omnipresent Connoisseur of Quality Fanart and $%!@Posting.
Eternal Champion of the 500 Game

User Info: SugarFlakes

SugarFlakes
4 days ago#9
I haven't yet honestly.
Star Ocean 4 HD Achievement: 51%
BT: Edge - 61% Reimi -25% Faize - 80% Lymle - 57% Bacchus - 26% Meracle - 21% Myuria - 46% Serah- 23% Arumat 53%

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
4 days ago#10
If weapons count, then I suffered that case with Cherche.

I gave her a Brave Axe+ a long time ago, only for her to get the same thing with her personal weapon, but stronger, later on lol.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How often have you suffered DIRECTLY from power creep?