• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. F2P and Beginners Guide To FEH Arena

User Info: chunkyshtew

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#31
CaRmAgE posted...
It's not possible to predict tier thresholds. You are competing with other players in Arena. As a result, the score you need is dependent on how many people participate as well as what their scores are. The threshold is never a flat number, as it's constantly changing throughout the season as players' scores change.

This is true. I discuss this in depth in point 2-C. Do you feel I was not clear enough? Any thoughts on how/if I should reword this to be more clear?
d(^o^)b ~ Please tag me in responses to my posts if you want me to see them!
#GotPringlesBack2014

User Info: shootingfoul

shootingfoul
11 months ago#32
@chunkyshtew
You are correct that the requirements to maintain tier 21 will always increase. I think that is why it is especially important to invest in teams that have the highest score ceilings possible, which usually includes the use of a legendary hero. I address that a bit in the topic that I linked.

I am well aware of this, but I am not 100% free of not liking to use units I do not like. It's the same concept as playing a moba game where I should play S+ rank heroes, but I don't want to play heroes I do not like, therefore, I suffer the consequences... If I actually went full try hard, tier 21 permanently would be a piece of cake. I suppose I willingly put myself in this situation.

User Info: shootingfoul

shootingfoul
11 months ago#33
chunkyshtew posted...
(Merges *4) + (BST/5) * 2 + (SP cost of skills/100) *2 + (8 if blessing is equipped and active) + 596 = Unit Score

I didn't expect I would learn something new, but this formula information is huge...thank you very much.

User Info: fehbeginner

fehbeginner
11 months ago#34
Great guide! Thank you so much!!! Requesting sticky as well.

What should newer players look for in terms of 3*-4* units to build up to 5* for arena? BST (ex: I see Sheena hits 170 with a superboon in SPD?) Stats?

Also, is there a way for players to anticipate which units are going to have the sun set on them? For example, should I still be aiming for a fully merged Reinhardt or does everyone pretty much have an answer for him on their team?

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#35
shootingfoul posted...
@chunkyshtew
You are correct that the requirements to maintain tier 21 will always increase. I think that is why it is especially important to invest in teams that have the highest score ceilings possible, which usually includes the use of a legendary hero. I address that a bit in the topic that I linked.

I am well aware of this, but I am not 100% free of not liking to use units I do not like. It's the same concept as playing a moba game where I should play S+ rank heroes, but I don't want to play heroes I do not like, therefore, I suffer the consequences... If I actually went full try hard, tier 21 permanently would be a piece of cake. I suppose I willingly put myself in this situation.

Yes, that is a valid point. I tried to address this in section 3-A in relation to setting your goals. If you're goal was to have the very highest score possible in the game for example, then you currently would have very limited options in the current Earth Season: 2x +10 Legendary Tiki's with max skills, 1x +10 175 BST Hero with max skills, and 1x +10 max skills Laegjarn or Helbindi (as your bonus unit option) (source: http://tinyurl.com/y7zff46q). As you can see, the goal in this instance limits the creativity.

If your goal is to maintain tier 20.5, you actually have quite a bit of room for creativity. The new 170 BST boosting A skills opens up more options for units that can be used to score higher, as does the Bonus Unit KO system. Since everyone has access to these things it makes it more competitive, but that is what a competitive game mode should be about, right?

To consistently stay in tier 21, there is still room for some creativity but nowhere near the amount that there will be in lower tiers. The best advice I have is to determine what your priorities are. If Olivia is your favourite character for example and you must have her on your arena core, and you hate the thought of using armoured units, then the cost may be giving up the extra orb and 500 feathers every second week and residing in tier 20.5.
#GotPringlesBack2014

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#36
@fehbeginner posted...
Great guide! Thank you so much!!! Requesting sticky as well.

What should newer players look for in terms of 3*-4* units to build up to 5* for arena? BST (ex: I see Sheena hits 170 with a superboon in SPD?) Stats?

Also, is there a way for players to anticipate which units are going to have the sun set on them? For example, should I still be aiming for a fully merged Reinhardt or does everyone pretty much have an answer for him on their team?

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

In terms of 3-4* units to build up to 5* +10's for arena, number of merges that you will be receiving is a major consideration. In my example I knew that I was saving for L!Hector (green unit), so I knew that it would be easy for me to also get the merges required to +10 Sheena (green unit), as well as get the ideal IV's. In your situation, I recall you mentioning you were saving up for L!Tiki merges. If that is the case, then an ideal candidate would be a blue unit such as Gwendolyn, who has 170 BST with a speed superboon, or depending on your long-term goals and the rest of your arena core, it could be any blue unit that you like.

While BST is important, it is not the end-all and be-all. In some cases the difference between a 155 and a 170 BST unit may not even impact your overall teams score. With these new BST boosting A skills coming out, there seems to be a lot of units who will reach that 170 BST threshold. For new players though, especially since we don't know when these new 170 BST scoring skills will be introduced for other move types, going for units who already have naturally high BST in the 3-4* summoning pool seems to be the safest route towards gearing your team towards the future. I have absolutely 0 regrets with getting my Sheena to +10.

The other thing worth considering is maximizing your bonus unit support KO's. M!Corrin is the best at supporting a single unit so I just went with him immediately. If a 170 BST A skill comes out for red infantry it will improve his scoring, but then other support units such as Olivia will also become quite viable in terms of arena scoring and support.

If you're asking about which units will have the sun set on them in arena specifically, it's hard to say. IS can change anything at anytime. If they were to remove the bonus unit support scoring for example, suddenly M!Corrin is no longer the best support unit. He won't be obsolete by any means, but he just won't be the go-to option for so many people's arena cores. If they were to change the BST scoring calculations, then new units may become more viable, and it may shake up the meta, but it wouldn't make all your powerful armour or legendary hero's obsolete.

The best way to future proof yourself against major changes like this is to prioritize promoting and merging the units that you like. For me, I typically use or go for what is best and learn to like the unit. I find it's a lot more difficult to be disappointed when I think that way haha. M!Corrin for example isn't typically my go-to fire emblem unit, but now that I've used him more I really like the giant cob of corn he wields in battle, or the goofy way he looks with the Priests Hat on his head.
#GotPringlesBack2014
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: fehbeginner

fehbeginner
11 months ago#37
Much appreciated, thank you so much for the explanation.

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#38
fehbeginner posted...
Much appreciated, thank you so much for the explanation.

My pleasure, that's what I'm here for :D
#GotPringlesBack2014

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
11 months ago#39
One thing also to point out, although it might be too much for beginners, is the importance of Fjorm merges. She is a Legendary who is (for now) permanently in the Arena rotation, and there is guaranteed score inflation every time she is a bonus unit during a Water week (like last week). So, I would say she is either the top priority for Legendary summoning, or in the top 3 with Tiki (highest-scoring) and Hector (second-highest scoring and easy to +10).
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: RiverSquirtle

RiverSquirtle
11 months ago#40
Nice guide Chunky. Sticky requested.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. F2P and Beginners Guide To FEH Arena
  • Post New Message