• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. F2P and Beginners Guide To FEH Arena

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
4 months ago#101
I am a board hunter. I frequent a lot of places and probably know more about the site mechanics than the average user.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: MikeSharpMNI

MikeSharpMNI
2 months ago#102
I'll throw in my 2 cents:

don't play arena if you're f2p. It's a bloodbath.
nice

User Info: chunkyshtew

chunkyshtew
2 months ago#103
MikeSharpMNI posted...

It provides the best rewards in the game though and is quite easy to get into though!
d(^o^)b ~ Please @ me in responses if you want me to see them!
#GotPringlesBack2014

gwwak
1 month ago#104
MikeSharpMNI posted...

Too pay to win eh?

User Info: chunkyshtew

chunkyshtew
1 month ago#105
gwwak posted...
Too pay to win eh?

It isn't. Of course you could pay money to reach the top tiers faster, but they are attainable simply by saving up your resources and spending them wisely as the guide points out :)

Good to see you again btw @gwwak !
d(^o^)b ~ Please @ me in responses if you want me to see them!
#GotPringlesBack2014

gwwak
1 month ago#106
chunkyshtew posted...
Why did you post 1-3 word responses in all the stickied topics here? I’ve never seen you post here before. Also what were you referring to when you said ‘that’s too bad’? It just seems like you were spamming boards to farm karma, I think that’s why the posts were all moderated

Somehow missed this post. Anyways, you don't need to post to get daily karma. Simply logging in is enough.

User Info: CaRmAgE

CaRmAgE
1 month ago#107
chunkyshtew posted...
It isn't. Of course you could pay money to reach the top tiers faster, but they are attainable simply by saving up your resources and spending them wisely as the guide points out :)

No, they both have a point. This guide has not aged well, especially section 3A. The threshold for reaching tier 21 now to stay in 20.5 is around 3800 points. It's not possible to get a score that high without having a fully merged team, including the bonus unit. Problem is, as your guide mentions, they don't hand out nearly as much feathers as is necessary to keep up with bonus unit changes, meaning you'll likely drop to 19.5 for the time being until you can +10 the next bonus unit, resulting in depreciating returns and falling even further behind (the difference in rewards between tier 20 and 21 is pretty significant).

Orbs are also a problem now. While you could snipe for Legendary Heroes in the past, thanks to the new summoning mechanic, you're pretty much forced to summon on those new banners now if you want to remain competitive in the other PvP modes, leaving you with less Orbs to snipe for Legendary Heroes.

Then, of course, there's the time investment. They slam so much daily stuff down our throats, not everyone is going to have the time to re-build an S Summoner Support every other week (not to mention HM farming). Heck, I have a hard time finding time to build up any new units I get unless there's a lull in content (I still haven't finished leveling up Ashnard, for example).

So, no, I don't see how anyone, in good conscience, can call Arena a F2P mode anymore.
3DS FC: 0559-6932-0703, FEH ID: 9998205028
FEH heroes list & HM farming strats: drive.google.com/open?id=1g3tpf6Jz_dttVNBkew731ku1wMtbqGz3w1NePD47X50
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. F2P and Beginners Guide To FEH Arena
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A