• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. F2P and Beginners Guide To FEH Arena

User Info: chunkyshtew

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#11
@vermillion_wolf posted...
Requested for sticky.

Thank you so much! I really considered the FAQ format since there was a lot more I wanted to include, but I felt as though the 'Stickied Topic' approach was the best, since it is not only more visible, but I'm sure many other users will have thoughts that they can share and add via the comments sections.

People can also ask questions here, and future beginners or F2P players can see those questions and answers in the comment stream. Crossing my fingers that this gets stickied!
d(^o^)b ~ Please tag me in responses to my posts if you want me to see them!
#GotPringlesBack2014
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: vermillion_wolf

vermillion_wolf
11 months ago#12
chunkyshtew posted...
@vermillion_wolf posted...
Requested for sticky.

Thank you so much! I really considered the FAQ format since there was a lot more I wanted to include, but I felt as though the 'Stickied Topic' approach was the best, since it is not only more visible, but I'm sure many other users will have thoughts that they can share and add via the comments sections.

People can also ask questions here, and future beginners or F2P players can see those questions and answers in the comment stream. Crossing my fingers that this gets stickied!

I also hope it gets stickied. F2P players like me should always use this in case we are struggling with arena. Thank you for making this!
Anxiety sucks.
FEH ID: 9039533298, Lead: https://i.imgtc.com/5B1q7TN.png

User Info: Jack_Sidharth

Jack_Sidharth
11 months ago#13
Informative and high effort. Sticky requested.

I would recommend keeping an eye on Odin in the near future. We will eventually get a blue infantry BST boosting skill, and he will be able to buff an ally 6/6/6/6, though this would require BSanaki fodder, who is rare being a seasonal and all.

User Info: tankerminion1

tankerminion1
11 months ago#14
vermillion_wolf posted...
Requested for sticky.
"Who is she?
"That is not your concern."

User Info: Link_king_ownz

Link_king_ownz
11 months ago#15
I'll sticky request it, but if you're a beginner at this point in time, I sure as hell wouldn't bother with Arena.

Save your energy, I promise you'll have so much less salt than everyone else crying about score/power creep.
Fire Emblem Heroes IGN: Saif - 8632737825 Arvis Lead

User Info: Laughingman_S

Laughingman_S
11 months ago#16
Sticky requested. Great job, Chunky! :3

Renkencen posted...
Do you think you can also add a guide on the Arena defence?
I can never quite understand why I get no score what so ever. Obviously it has to do with my team not winning I'm guessing and if so, what ways can I improving it?

This can be tricky for a lot of players, and there are a few different ways to go about it. I'm certainly no expert, but I'll offer what advice I have.

1. Increase the score of your Defense team.
A higher score means that your team will be challenged by more opponents. The more players that face your team, the more chances you have to pick up a defense win.

2. Don't use units that are too easy to play around.
Though they were once viewed as oppressive, most players are used to dealing with the likes of Brave Lyn and The Reinhardt. Likewise, the enemy phase units that are rampant in arena are easy for an opponent to deal with simply by letting them initiate.

3. Try to use 'tricky' units.
Think about the kinds of units that might give you a hard time. Most players will surrender after losing a single unit, so your team only really needs to take out one opponent. Unpredictable builds or unexpected units are a good way to catch an opponent by surprise.

4. Consider your team from your opponent's perspective.
Try to include counters to the popular units in your tier. Also, remember that your opponent will be trying to get kills with a bonus unit, so you'll want to make that difficult for them. Your opponent will have ways to deal with player phase and enemy phase threats, but units that are strong in both phases can potentially leave a player with few options to deal with them.

5. Consistency is more important than quantity.
Your goal is the weekly feathers, and you need only one defense win for those. A team that reliably nets you a win or two a week is good. A team that occasionally fails to get a win for the week needs improvement, even if they get many wins for other weeks.
The Organisation has infiltrated this board! El, Psy, Congroo.
FEH ID: 7735702789
(edited 11 months ago)

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#17
Link_king_ownz posted...
I'll sticky request it, but if you're a beginner at this point in time, I sure as hell wouldn't bother with Arena.

Save your energy, I promise you'll have so much less salt than everyone else crying about score/power creep.

Thanks for the sticky request! I am a beginner myself and really enjoy playing arena. I definitely think it is worthwhile for beginners to play arena, especially considering how great the rewards are every week. Score and Power creep are essential elements in competitive game modes such as arena. Saltiness is not. It can be hard not to be salty sometimes, but always remember that saltiness (pessimism) is a choice.
#GotPringlesBack2014

chunkyshtew
11 months ago#18
Laughingman_S posted...
Sticky requested. Great job, Chunky! :3

Renkencen posted...
Do you think you can also add a guide on the Arena defence?
I can never quite understand why I get no score what so ever. Obviously it has to do with my team not winning I'm guessing and if so, what ways can I improving it?

This can be tricky for a lot of players, and there are a few different ways to go about it. I'm certainly no expert, but I'll offer what advice I have.

1. Increase the score of your Defense team.
A higher score means that your team will be challenged by more opponents. The more players that face your team, the more chances you have to pick up a defense win.

2. Don't use units that are too easy to play around.
Though they were once viewed as oppressive, most players are used to dealing with the likes of Brave Lyn and The Reinhardt. Likewise, the enemy phase units that are rampant in arena are easy for an opponent to deal with simply by letting them initiate.

3. Try to use 'tricky' units.
Think about the kinds of units that might give you a hard time. Most players will surrender after losing a single unit, so your team only really needs to take out one opponent. Unpredictable builds or unexpected units are a good way to catch an opponent by surprise.

4. Consider your team from your opponent's perspective.
Try to include counters to the popular units in your tier. Also, remember that your opponent will be trying to get kills with a bonus unit, so you'll want to make that difficult for them. Your opponent will have ways to deal with player phase and enemy phase threats, but units that are strong in both phases can potentially leave a player with few options to deal with them.

5. Consistency is more important than quantity.
Your goal is the weekly feathers, and you need only one defense win for those. A team that reliably nets you a win or two a week is good. A team that occasionally fails to get a win for the week needs improvement, even if they get many wins for other weeks.

Great tips, I couldn't have said it any better myself!

Something you can do to test out your defence team is to go into arena assault with it and auto-battle the first match to see how the AI handles your units. You can rinse and repeat that as much as you like since AA does't cost any resources.
#GotPringlesBack2014

User Info: shawnwalker

shawnwalker
11 months ago#19
I requested a sticky.
This generation is our future!? My rebuttal: Tide pods
Fire Emblem Fates my castle address: 07387 85168 65740 24430

User Info: THE_WALL

THE_WALL
11 months ago#20
Great job. Sticky requested
I'm bored.