Best boon for Barst? (Blue hair dude, not the moustache one)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Best boon for Barst? (Blue hair dude, not the moustache one)

User Info: qrqwqrqrq

qrqwqrqrq
3 months ago#1
His spread is
HP: 46
ATK: 33 (36 w/ boon)
SPD: 32 (35 w/ boon)
DEF: 30
RES:

Might as well put a couple thousand SP on one with optimal IVs if he gets a prf eventually.
Doomed to obscurity forever... What I deserve for not taking this more seriously.

User Info: RMysterio

RMysterio
3 months ago#2
Depends on what you want to do.
+spd -res is pretty decent if you're going Slaying Axe+ build or anything else that isn't Brave Axe+ really. He can kinda avoid doubles if you invest enough spd into it. Speaking of which Fury is great on him with his balanced stats.
+atk -res if Brave Axe+.

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
3 months ago#3
+spd. Atk is fine, but not the highest, so you should count on spd to double.

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
3 months ago#4
i use him +spd/-def
with Slaying Hammer spd is a good boon
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
bite za dusto

qrqwqrqrq
3 months ago#5
hmm what about Clair? I have like 7 of her, what's her best Boon/bane?
Doomed to obscurity forever... What I deserve for not taking this more seriously.

User Info: iGouger

iGouger
3 months ago#6
I would personally go with +Spd or +Def if I were to build him. -Hp regardless, since his base 46 HP is way overkill, and HP is almost always the least important stat.

+Spd Barst is obviously going to be more offensively-focused, boasting an offensive spread of 54/45 at +10 (assuming +Spd refined Slaying Axe+ and Fury), while also having a decent 37 defense. He's essentially going to be a discount Raven with slightly better physical bulk. Still, 54/45 before a seal/buffs is decent.

The other possibility is making him into a meatshield with +Def. +Def/-HP Barst at +10 is going to have 52 HP, 51 Atk, 36 Spd, and 41 Def (assuming +Def refined Slaying Axe+). From there, you still have the flexibility to add in a defensive A slot and Seal, which could be things like Steady Stance + Fortress Def Seal or double Close Def. His defense is pretty good, and you could alternately run Slaying Hammer+ to really screw over armors in high tier arena, though Zelgius and Tharja would still give you problems. Even without regards to armors, though, his stat spread makes him excellent for dealing with the majority of bulky blues and greens.

Or here's another thought. +10 +Hp/-Res Barst with any refine and Fury + HP5 Seal will have 63 HP. Give him Wrath, Vengeance, and a Slaying Axe, and he'll have a 2 CD vengeance (which accelerates by -1 every turn when under 47 HP) and his special will deal 41 damage when he's at 1 HP (before factoring in his regular attack stat). It's stupid, gimmicky, impractical, high investment, and suboptimal, but it's definitely a hilarious concept. You could alternately give him a Giant Spoon and his special would be dealing 51 damage at 1 HP, but it'll be a 3 turn CD.

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
3 months ago#7
qrqwqrqrq posted...

Atk by far. Then spd.

qrqwqrqrq
3 months ago#8
LorenzoV posted...
qrqwqrqrq posted...

Atk by far. Then spd.

Which is better for her?
+ATK -RES
+SPD -HP

User Info: LegendofLegaia

LegendofLegaia
3 months ago#9
qrqwqrqrq posted...
+ATK -RES

That one.

Also, Barst wants Spd for any build that doesn't use a Brave Axe.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
3DS FC: 2277-7454-8997

User Info: brandobond

brandobond
3 months ago#10
I have the feathers to make any unit a 5*+10 but the only unit I have enough copies of is Barst! Unfortunately his max arena score is 740 and my other 3 arena core units (dragons) all score 742. If Barst actually got a decent prf I’d be pretty happy since it would make him score 742 and I could instantly build him.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Best boon for Barst? (Blue hair dude, not the moustache one)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived