What divides the Fire Emblem fandom the most?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. What divides the Fire Emblem fandom the most?

User Info: SuperSonicDBZ

SuperSonicDBZ
1 month ago#51
The Classic vs. Modern Fire Emblem games debate.

Awakening saved the series, but made the series more "anime". Classic fans definitely felt betrayed by Fates, but Awakening fans (for the most part) were fine with Fates.

Then we got Shadows of Valencia. Classic fans were happy, but the lack of fanservice and other "modern" features turned off the Awakening & Fates fans. (Not just the waifu/dating elements, but the lack of an avatar and so far).

Both sides have their merit, but usually fail to realize that Fire Emblem wouldn't be where it is today without its past OR the modern games.

Thus the debate will continue, forever more.
An angry fanbase while loud and upset, is still a fanbase; a content fanbase is a quiet one... and also non-existent. So when fans are at their loudest: listen.

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
1 month ago#52
empireoffire posted...
Fates
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: PhoenixJam

PhoenixJam
1 month ago#53
Kaga
We gladden the raven now I will run through the blazing fires
That's my choice, cause things shall procede as foreseen

User Info: Wrath_LOS

Wrath_LOS
1 month ago#54
TheLastSmile posted...
Can we solve them? How?

He seems like such a generic hero, with BK being a rather seemingly generic villain(who really isn't when you read the lore).... Yet Ike wins, which is such a trope. Badass villain that's pretty much a good guy, taking the reigns and making hard decisions, while some DUMB f*** GENERIC a****** beats them in the end because they love their friends and 'have a pure heart' it makes me f***ing SICK!

Wanna heal the divide? Pro tip: don't start a discussion by expounding on your hatred of something.

When you walk into a room, do you find a group of people that like something, then chime in and talk about how much you hate it? Real question.

And yes, protagonists succeeding is generally how stories go. But we can call it a trope for protagonists to defeat their villains if it suits your fancy.
Orb Count: 162

User Info: TheLastSmile

TheLastSmile
1 month ago#55
Wrath_LOS posted...
TheLastSmile posted...
Can we solve them? How?

He seems like such a generic hero, with BK being a rather seemingly generic villain(who really isn't when you read the lore).... Yet Ike wins, which is such a trope. Badass villain that's pretty much a good guy, taking the reigns and making hard decisions, while some DUMB f*** GENERIC a****** beats them in the end because they love their friends and 'have a pure heart' it makes me f***ing SICK!

Wanna heal the divide? Pro tip: don't start a discussion by expounding on your hatred of something.

When you walk into a room, do you find a group of people that like something, then chime in and talk about how much you hate it? Real question.

And yes, protagonists succeeding is generally how stories go. But we can call it a trope for protagonists to defeat their villains if it suits your fancy.

I got exactly what I desired from this thread though.
0w0

I'm the over arching, over arching villain.
Vain Whale of FEH
https://www.instagram.com/spearofdextiny/

User Info: Link_king_ownz

Link_king_ownz
1 month ago#56
HoshinoKatta posted...
Link_king_ownz posted...
People love to blame so called “elitists” for everything. No, these are people who, while their approach may be misguided, genuinely care and feel deeply about the series at its core

Well they sure don't show it
I would love to see some more of this care & affection you say they have. Unfortunately, either they have a funny way of showing their "love" for this series, or the vocal, grumpy minority drowns out any non-jaded old fans out there.

Actually... at this point you probably can't tell who is a series veteran if they're not complaining & putting others down, or loudly proclaiming that they're a veteran- because the actually chill ones don't start s***, & thus are off the radar. Thus the line between veteran & elitist are blurred.

I did say their approach may not be the best. Doesn't mean there's no passion behind it. People portray passion in different methods.

You can't tell because they've been marginalized and caught in the middle of a fanbase war that they choose not to participate in for their own sanity.

Also, let's not act like there aren't elitists on both sides. There's a ton of Fates/Awakening elitists out there that seek to spur, antagonize and fuel the rage of older fans. Just because this is a majority fanbase doesn't excuse them picking on a vocal minority.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing a community that was once great go down in flames like this. It's disgusts me and legitimately makes me sick.
Fire Emblem Heroes IGN: Saif - 8632737825 Arvis Lead
DFFOO IGN: Saif - 687053024 - Max Squall

User Info: Wrath_LOS

Wrath_LOS
1 month ago#57
TheLastSmile posted...
0w0

We've had dozens of these already though, people just seem to forget and go for "genuine" discussion.
Orb Count: 162

User Info: Deej

Deej
1 month ago#58
Wrath_LOS posted...
TheLastSmile posted...
0w0

We've had dozens of these already though, people just seem to forget and go for "genuine" discussion.

But I thought GameFAQs loved rehashing topics :0
Hey, everyone, what's going on in this topic? Oh.

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
1 month ago#59
Awakening. It brought in a new wave of fans. Fates double downed on it.

The old fans pre-FEA tend to be those old guys sitting in their rocking chairs smoking a pipe and longing for the good ol' days. THey would have preferred that the series die than to introduce characters like Tharja and Nowi to the people. It also doesn't help that FEA has absolutely awful gameplay and storyline, even by FE standards.

The fatesawakening fans tend to be your run of the mill otakus or horny teenagers drawn in because of waifus and fanservice. While there are obviously pre-FEA fans who obsessed over characters, it was not as bad as it is now. I can't ever remember a time when the front page would have multiple topics regarding the fanservice in some way.

The two fanbases are invested in the series for different reasons.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/dondon_zpsb7a5edc8.jpg

User Info: Gamer7625

Gamer7625
1 month ago#60
Endgame posted...
Awakening.

The fanbase at large actually agrees that Tellius is fetid s***. We let the games fail intentionally and the Awakening and Fates babies that have went back and enjoyed them are very few in number. The Tellius fans, who are let's be honest, just Ike fans, are a loud stupid minority. It's all because Ike got into Brawl that there are fans at all.

My first FE game was PoR and I to this day still like the Tellius games. Not just Ike.

I by no means will say they are perfect, RD was a far worse game in the story department and the Support system being gutted really hurt me, but I still enjoy those games even with their flaws.

Yeah I probably enjoy them more because I started with them, and I have went back and played previous FE games if you're going to want to assume I haven't, but I do still enjoy them as a whole. Please don't just assume everyone that likes those games just likes it for one person or because he got into Brawl.
Chancellor of the Real Church of the 3-13 Archer.
Nintendo FC: 3325-1923-0380
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. What divides the Fire Emblem fandom the most?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived