Let's find out the Arena "meta" for this board (Tier 16 minimum)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Let's find out the Arena "meta" for this board (Tier 16 minimum)

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
3 months ago#1
I am interested in some community data.

I have set up an Arena meta spreadsheet and I would like to populate it with people from this board. This is the info I'm looking for:

Tier
Minimum 16 because you can jump multiple tiers below 16, and you're likely a newer player. In-between values such as 18.5 or 19.5, based on self-evaluation, are acceptable.

Core Units
Simply list the three units (no bonus) that constitute your Arena core. I don't care about rarity or merge level. In my view, that's pretty much baked into your tier. My only condition is for teams with three unique core units.

This is all I need from you. Once I have enough inputs, I will output the following analytics:

Unit Data
Which units are used, how popular they are, and the "Tier Rating" and "Metascore" for each unit. Tier Rating is essentially an average reflecting tier presence, while Metascore (a number out of 100) is more about the unit's prevalence across all players in the database (so availability is a significant factor here). I've defined these values as the following:

Tier Rating = Sum of Tiers for All Users / Number of Users

Metascore = Sum of Tiers for All Users / Number of Players * 5 (= 100 if every player uses this unit and is at Tier 20)

Example: If 4/11 people use Nowi, and their tiers are 17, 18, 18, and 20, Nowi's Tier Rating would be (17+18+18+20)/4 = 18.25, and her Metascore would be (17+18+18+20)/11 * 5 = 33.18.

So, a unit like W!Tharja would probably have a high Tier Rating but a relatively lower Metascore compared to most other units with similar Tier Ratings.

Tier Data
How many people are in each tier.

Shall we give it a try? Just post a reply in good faith and I will add your info to the spreadsheet. Once I hit 50 people (including myself), I'll publish the spreadsheet and continue to update it as more people contribute. (I'm not sure how interesting it will be with a smaller population.)

If for some reason you don't want to disclose publicly, you can PM me and supply a pseudonym for the spreadsheet if you still want to participate.

User Info: Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
3 months ago#2
Nino
Lloyd
Ephraim

Oh Tier 18.5/19.5 I'm not quite sure where I'm at for the time being.
http://i.imgur.com/gOGzcN4.gif

User Info: ShinigamiMiroku

ShinigamiMiroku
3 months ago#3
My T19 staple is Fjorm/Marth/Serra/bonus, but I got into T20 last week using Camus/L!Ike/Gunnthra/+10 Fae.
"I-I'm a spoon!? I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!" - Judge, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
RIP City of Heroes 11/30/12

User Info: qrqwqrqrq

qrqwqrqrq
3 months ago#4
My simple core for the longest time was

Bonus Unit (lead)
Reinhardt
Inigo (Gronnraven Build)
Bravelyn (Double Savage Blow)

Of course if the bonus unit I'm using is a horse for example, Id run horse emblem.
Doomed to obscurity forever... What I deserve for not taking this more seriously.

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
3 months ago#5
I'm 19-20, can sometimes stay in 20.

Nowi
Fae
Soleil
The self-proclaimed People's Champ of the Gamefaqs' Fire Emblem Heroes board, definitive trash talker of cardboard for $80, and resident stupid poll maker!

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
3 months ago#6
I think that's not how it works. Tiers are not given in a elo system like chess or whatever. When a tier 20 person uses a unit, it does not magically become better. It's also quite possible that some units are actual garbage in tier 17, but not in tier 20. Stuff like Zelgius with double rally, Aether and Distant counter.

Tier system for units are always a tradeoff. But in Fire emblem heroes, they are not necessary. We have 5 stats and sometimes a prf to compare, and only 2 stats matter. Every unit and every comparison can be made in your head in 3 seconds, much faster than looking up any tier list.

User Info: D412kKn16h7

D412kKn16h7
3 months ago#7
Tier 19.5, barely missing the cutoff to stay in Tier 20.

A Tiki
Hardin
Titania
FC: 1977-1447-4925

User Info: Ramesses2

Ramesses2
3 months ago#8
Established in Tier 20
Currently using:
-Palla
-Titania
-Soleil / B!Lucina (depending on bonus unit, Soleil is at +10 so I use her if I can use a good blue or green bonus)

User Info: RenamonFOX

RenamonFOX
3 months ago#9
I'm down with data collection!

Tier 20

Nino
Nowi
Fae
"I can relate to this character!" *ten minutes later, character commits suicide* "Oh..."
I am a simple potato. I see Fae, I press <3

User Info: blasster

blasster
3 months ago#10
I'm a bit skeptical, but doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Tier 19.5 usually, admittedly can fall to tier 18 at times.

Leo
Camus
Cecilia
Playing: Chain Chronicle [JP], Fire Emblem Heroes [F2P BTW], Atelier Lydie & Suelle [Platinum]
Recommend me anime like Valvrave and Cross Ange pls.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Let's find out the Arena "meta" for this board (Tier 16 minimum)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived