My Arena team is broken in multiple places. Please fix it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. My Arena team is broken in multiple places. Please fix it.

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
6 months ago#1
For a few months I was a resident of T20, but it seems that everything I invested in was a lie. This week, after too many broken streaks, even after extensive score compromises, I can't seem to finish a streak higher than 4850. In a good season, I used to score just over 5000. What the hell is wrong with my teams and how can I fix it? Forget staying in T20 for now. I just want to f***ing ENTER T20 again. Because it feels like everything I built over the last year has gone to waste and now I can't even score 4900.

Below are all my 5* units.
https://imgur.com/a/sBIQs

Cecilia is +10 with Raven and TA3/Bowbreaker. She seems to be useless on the trench maps. She can't one-shot tanky blues like Micaiah without horse buffs. But I can't use horse buffs because the trenches force me into compromising positions. I keep getting pinned down by teams with Airzura, because they can plow right through the trenches and I am stuck in a corner.

Nowi is +3 with Fury/QR3/Panic/Aether/HB. She has been overworked and keeps getting dogpiled to death. On mixed teams, she seems to draw enemies nobody else can handle.

I tried using Cecilia/Rein/Sigurd/Fjorm. I gave that up when I got cornered on the map with trenches and water.

I tried using Zelgius/BK/Hector/Crobin. I got destroyed on the dual bridge map because the team doesn't have a good answer to CTharja or Ayra.

I finished a streak with Airzura/Nowitch/Cherche/Fjorm. But I only got a paltry 4856 points. And the cutoff for entering T20 was 4860 last week, even without Fjorm inflation.

What can I do to re-enter 20? It feels like I've lost control of my account and need to get it back.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
6 months ago#2
I've been using the old BK + Hector + Nowi core with a bonus you suggested I used for defense ages ago, and I've been managing tier 19-20 just fine. I imagine you'll want Fjorm as your 4th.

I do sometimes lose a streak, but it's kinda rare because it requires a really screwy team and a really screwy map.

I use Bowbreaker on my Nowi, because her more important role is killing Brave Lyn at all costs (if you face a Firesweep one, you can't bait it, and you can't double it without Bowbreaker). I recently gave her QR seal, replacing DD3 (giving it to Hector), and swapping her ATK refinement for DEF so that she can survive Brave Bow max merge/buff Brave Lyn. Let me know if you want my full setup.
... aaaaaaaaaand he's back.

ViewtifulGene
6 months ago#3
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...
I've been using the old BK + Hector + Nowi core with a bonus you suggested I used for defense ages ago, and I've been managing tier 19-20 just fine. I imagine you'll want Fjorm as your 4th.

I do sometimes lose a streak, but it's kinda rare because it requires a really screwy team and a really screwy map.

I use Bowbreaker on my Nowi, because her more important role is killing Brave Lyn at all costs (if you face a Firesweep one, you can't bait it, and you can't double it without Bowbreaker). I recently gave her QR seal, replacing DD3 (giving it to Hector), and swapping her ATK refinement for DEF so that she can survive Brave Bow max merge/buff Brave Lyn. Let me know if you want my full setup.

How would you handle the bridge map? I fear that team will get f***ed by Ayra and Tharja again if Nowi loses QR. But the team is inherently f***ed on Lyn without Bowbreaker.

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
6 months ago#4
ViewtifulGene posted...
How would you handle the bridge map? I fear that team will get f***ed by Ayra and Tharja again if Nowi loses QR. But the team is inherently f***ed on Lyn without Bowbreaker.

It's tricky, but it's usually doable.

BK can destroy both Ayra and Tharja individually, at least mine can, if Nowi can't handle both. I run Fury and Vantage on him, and it's kinda cheating but I also got summoner support on him (and Hector ally supports him), so he can attack Ayra without getting doubled back, and then kill her with Vantage up, and he can tank and kill Tharja... if you don't want to summoner support him or ally support him with Hector, you can totally give Hector Goad Armor instead, but I currently have Ward on him.

Honestly the lava map is the one that gives the biggest problems if they have multiple ranged heroes, because the enemy has more overlapping ranges early on, where as at least with the bridge map you can kinda bait 1 or 2 heroes before the rest close in... but it also depends on what the enemy is.
... aaaaaaaaaand he's back.

ViewtifulGene
6 months ago#5
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

It's tricky, but it's usually doable.

BK can destroy both Ayra and Tharja individually, at least mine can, if Nowi can't handle both. I run Fury and Vantage on him, and it's kinda cheating but I also got summoner support on him (and Hector ally supports him), so he can attack Ayra without getting doubled back, and then kill her with Vantage up, and he can tank and kill Tharja... if you don't want to summoner support him or ally support him with Hector, you can totally give Hector Goad Armor instead, but I currently have Ward on him.

Honestly the lava map is the one that gives the biggest problems if they have multiple ranged heroes, because the enemy has more overlapping ranges early on, where as at least with the bridge map you can kinda bait 1 or 2 heroes before the rest close in... but it also depends on what the enemy is.

Summoner support is on my Hector. And I have no Fury fodder. So that really doesn't help me.

Afraid it's no dice if I'm just gonna die the same way to common enemies on the bridge again. The biggest obstacle to embracing armor emblem has been inability to maneuver, and that map sums it up perfectly. Even if I use Armor March, I still face a heavy disadvantage there.

User Info: Kuna

Kuna
6 months ago#6
I dont undestand. There are two problems:

1. Can I finish a chain of fights without loss?

2. The arena's punctation.

The first depends on a team composition, synergy of units, player skills, maps, etc. It can be done by many different teams againts many different teams.

The second depends on merges, skills, units and is a "whale problem".

Beside that, this is only a game. How can you be stressed if you do not reach some goals in the game if it depends mainly on money?

[EDIT] This is because of metagame changes and is normal. Some old teams become obsolete, some new effective. This is because of new skills, new units. Is it not typical for gatcha-gambling games and dont it cost much $$$$?

But, I have noticed that many players use "typical" "classical" teams but only a few "untypical" and still effective. "Typical" always changing and here, the more horse emblem universality, the more againsts comes from players and IS.

User Info: akaean

akaean
6 months ago#7
I am not a super fan of bow breaker and feel that your Cecilia would be better served with Quick Riposte. Yours is +10, and with Corn Dog having Spur def/res and rally def/res at 4* he is a good sacrifice for boosting your score and Cecilia's defense at the same time.

Quick Riposte let's her bait and KO blue mages like Michiah, or daggers like Taco or Sothe. Makes her more versatile, and her defense can be patched to handle brave bow lyn.

Keep Nowi, she handles Tharja better than anything else. Fjorm is probably your weak link, as her middling stats are weak at low merge levels. I would switch her B skill to Sword Breaker to help her deal with Falcions, Ayra, Zelgius and Mia which I think would give you more mileage out of her.

Maybe switch a double rally or two back to repostion for more defense and offense plays.

Hopefully that helps a bit. Good luck man!

ViewtifulGene
6 months ago#8
akaean posted...
I am not a super fan of bow breaker and feel that your Cecilia would be better served with Quick Riposte. Yours is +10, and with Corn Dog having Spur def/res and rally def/res at 4* he is a good sacrifice for boosting your score and Cecilia's defense at the same time.

Quick Riposte let's her bait and KO blue mages like Michiah, or daggers like Taco or Sothe. Makes her more versatile, and her defense can be patched to handle brave bow lyn.

Keep Nowi, she handles Tharja better than anything else. Fjorm is probably your weak link, as her middling stats are weak at low merge levels. I would switch her B skill to Sword Breaker to help her deal with Falcions, Ayra, Zelgius and Mia which I think would give you more mileage out of her.

Maybe switch a double rally or two back to repostion for more defense and offense plays.

Hopefully that helps a bit. Good luck man!

Thanks for the suggestions. I only have one Swordbreaker and was thinking of giving it to Soleil, though. I meant to promote her for a while, and am finally getting around to it this week.

I don't think QR will help much with Cecilia because I still need her to do something on player phase. It won't help her with Nowi or Effie.

User Info: Danicco

Danicco
6 months ago#9
My bunmilla runs QR and she has no problems killing Effies/Nowis, she attacks once, gets them out of QR, maybe proc Aether if it's SB Nowi, then I reposition/move them back or just let her eat their damage for some meh damage.
Unless it's a Bold Fighter Ignis Effie, then I run.

Also, consider investing in Cordelia or Cherche. That two bridges map was a nightmare, so annoying ridiculous horses with dancers could get to one side pretty far ready to OHKO any unit of mine and I couldn't rearrange them to take the hit.
When I built a flier team I never wanted to go back, now I have no more issues with most of the terrain and the terrain works for my advantage, I can choose how and when to engage the units with far more ease.

Doesn't need to be a full flier team, but at least one makes a huge difference. Even when I run with infantries (some favorites), I use Cordelia for Reposition/Guidance in these maps. The AI gets stupid too if you keep Repositioning some infantry between the bridges.

I curse whenever I get f***ed by the terrain/positioning with a full infantry team because I didn't bring a flier/dancer.
Fire Emblem Heroes: 8318 9890 27
Currently maintaing a Fae farm with 30 healthy Faes: https://i.imgur.com/km7xoeI.jpg

User Info: lameson

lameson
6 months ago#10
I've been in the same position a couple of months ago, score inflation and couldn't reach T20 without wasting 20 crest a week just for fishing.

Just give up, seriously, the meta shifts faster than f2p/moderate spenders can or want to afford.

Personality I've started merging Faes and Nowis, with a neutral Fjorm (no blessing) and a limited NSFW. Tharja i didn't encounter a single dancer and only 1 Reinhardt, fighting against armors was the easiest streak I can recall, too bad I won't get merges on Tharja, so RIP T20.

Maybe Cecilia is keeping your score down?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. My Arena team is broken in multiple places. Please fix it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived