My Jaffar is finally usable!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. My Jaffar is finally usable!

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
2 months ago#11
How is he in vantage range if the enemy didn't get to counter him?
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Hoid

Hoid
2 months ago#12
jadenTensen posted...
Hoid posted...
Jaffar's refinement looks basically the same thing as the Savage Staff Healers, except it costs 200 Divine Dews.

The trade off is you get to keep Jaffar's B skill, and Jaffar can only attack Mages without counter attack.

Savage Staffers lose the B skill, but they can attack ANYONE without risk of counterattack, and they also have the ability to heal.

But then they are sitting ducks. Jaffar Savage blows, lowers defenses, then can vantage kill anyone because he has close counter.

You have to get him to Vantage range for that to activate though.

With this build he's out in the open too. He first has to take a hit and somehow survive with really low defenses before Vantage activates.

If you give him Reposition team mates he will be totally okay, but both types of units are pretty similar.

EDIT: basically this:

Enclosure posted...
Popularizing "grank" one topic at a time.
"Damn, that new Rathalos armor looks GRANK!"

User Info: jadenTensen

jadenTensen
2 months ago#13
Hoid posted...
jadenTensen posted...
Hoid posted...
Jaffar's refinement looks basically the same thing as the Savage Staff Healers, except it costs 200 Divine Dews.

The trade off is you get to keep Jaffar's B skill, and Jaffar can only attack Mages without counter attack.

Savage Staffers lose the B skill, but they can attack ANYONE without risk of counterattack, and they also have the ability to heal.

But then they are sitting ducks. Jaffar Savage blows, lowers defenses, then can vantage kill anyone because he has close counter.

You have to get him to Vantage range for that to activate though.

With this build he's out in the open too. He first has to take a hit and somehow survive with really low defenses before Vantage activates.

If you give him Reposition team mates he will be totally okay, but both types of units are pretty similar.

EDIT: basically this:

Enclosure posted...

The first unit to attack him puts him in vantage range. His defenses aren't that bad. And he kills on the initial counter. Desperation set ups and hardy bearing stop him though.

User Info: TraineeShanna

TraineeShanna
2 months ago#14
My Jaffar is Def/Atk. I don't think he's strong enough to credibly Vantage clean like that.

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
2 months ago#15
I'll be spending my own dew on my own Jaffar, as well. He is +Spd/-HP.

That weapon upgrade is crazy! I was thinking of keeping his Poison Strike and LnD and maybe his Threaten Speed 3 though, or give him double Savage Blow. I might even upgrade the SB seal next, just for him.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. My Jaffar is finally usable!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived