Siegbert looks to powercreep Brave Roy. IS wins again!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Siegbert looks to powercreep Brave Roy. IS wins again!

User Info: Blarg143

Blarg143
4 months ago#1
Siegbert's spread skews Player Phase sweeper, which means the Galeforce + CD reduction set that Brave Roy uses. you don't get any more offensive than that.

accounting for Blazing Durandal's +3 atk, Siegbert trades -1 atk, -8 res for +1 spd, +3 HP, +5 def and no A slot (needs Heavy Blade). that's a good trade, because Res is almost useless on a Player Phase sweeper (how many Mages have CC and how much baiting of Mages are you going to do? it's basically good for dragons only). meanwhile, Siegbert gets Swift Sparrow for free and that's arguably Brave Roy's best A skill (Fury is good for more bulk, which Siegbert doesn't need).

i guess it's a plus that Brave Roy doesn't really need SI outside of Fury/SS while Sieg needs an Ike and a Galeforce user and Desperation (or whatever). but a CYL unit already being powercreeped? come on! Roy was supposed to be the bravest!

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
4 months ago#2
Siegbert is doing to Xander what Brave Roy did to Eliwood, as well.

I wouldn't mind retiring my own Xander on Horse Emblem and letting his son take over. Sounds fitting.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.

User Info: MrCactuar

MrCactuar
4 months ago#3
People severely underestimate B!Roy’s defenses. Fury and horse buffs make him very well-rounded and puts him comfortably in Desperation range with a bait, especially with an Hp bane. They’re about even, but I like Roy’s A slot flexibility over Siegbert’s reliance on Heavy Blade for a similar effect. If anything I’d rather stack another Swift Sparrow on top of his weapon effect and just focus on raw damage.
The out of infinity

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
4 months ago#4
It's funny. I've reached a point where I have to decide who I wanna choose. Brave Roy or Siegbert. I have been wanting to pull for Brave Roy on the CYL banner, but now I've decided that maybe I should save my orbs for Siegbert instead.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.

User Info: xPhantomhive

xPhantomhive
4 months ago#5
We have to actually use the units before coming to conclusions though... Built in Swift Sparrow is nice, but Galeforce is way more versatile. Thanks to Roy's already high attack and Blazing Durandal, Galeforce is what makes him so deadly on player hands.
FC: 2080 - 0708 - 2148 / IGN: Sabine / TSV: 1333

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
4 months ago#6
You need more SI in order to achieve the same offensive power, and alternate defensive power.

I see no creep.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: RadiantGod

RadiantGod
4 months ago#7
xPhantomhive posted...
We have to actually use the units before coming to conclusions though... Built in Swift Sparrow is nice, but Galeforce is way more versatile. Thanks to Roy's already high attack and Blazing Durandal, Galeforce is what makes him so deadly on player hands.

Siegbert with Heavy Blade and Galeforce is pretty much the same as Brave Roy with Swift Sparrow and Galeforce.

Brave Roy, however, can run Life and Death, giving him Siegbert's Spd and +2 Atk by comparison. And Roy's defenses barely matter because he only needs to survive one hit to trigger Desperation.
Creating a 40 +10 1* Wrys, AKA the greatest FE Heroes meme.

User Info: Blarg143

Blarg143
4 months ago#8
xPhantomhive posted...

Siegbert can SI Galeforce and use HB to get the same effect as BRoy. Durandal's +3 attack makes up for the BST inflation.

Enclosure posted...
You need more SI in order to achieve the same offensive power, and alternate defensive power.

I see no creep.

It's not terribly expensive SI outside of Ike, who is frequently on banner (and is on banner right now).

User Info: Innocence-

Innocence-
4 months ago#9
Lol what. Roy is better than him at the player phase
I have beaten every FE game. (FE6 is my favorite)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLigACgLfIMHju5HaCqUeMA

User Info: silentshadow37

silentshadow37
4 months ago#10
lol you said siegbert needs heavy blade to be comparable to roy and then says it's good he comes with SS. pick one

oh wait, brave roy doesn't have to pick one. he's better.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Siegbert looks to powercreep Brave Roy. IS wins again!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived