• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Worth 20k feathers to give a unit Aether for arena score?

User Info: reicta

reicta
1 year ago#1
I have some four star Chroms I can sack for aether. The unit in question who would get the special is Minerva.

User Info: Smartkick

Smartkick
1 year ago#2
I would promote a 4* Chrom just to give away Aether. Though it's not really worth it on Minerva since she's as durable as balsa wood.
3DS FC Code: 2707-1772-3022
FEH FC: Kenny - 6119188536

User Info: papastalin

papastalin
1 year ago#3
First look at whether you can merge anyone in your main team. Merges are worth far more than Aether. Unless you’re really unlucky you shouldn’t be wasting feathers on aether until you’ve built up high merges on 3-4* available units.

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
1 year ago#4
As the finishing touch on a +10, maybe. Merges really should come first though. You really should pick out a base 3* unit in each color to build up, because getting 11 copies of a 4* or 5* base unit is a major pain.
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Currently playing: Cenakuni: Rath Of the White Rapper

User Info: KnightmareSin

KnightmareSin
1 year ago#5
I'd recommend against Minerva because she's 5* exclusive.

I'd strongly recommend for Effie or Sheena because they're easier to merge and have low SI value relative to Hector/Amelia. But I wouldn't promote for Aether, rather just SI a Chrom pity breaker.

User Info: omnimal

omnimal
1 year ago#6
Unless Minerva is a core unit on your arena team that won't be replaced anytime soon, I would not give her Aether.

Replacing a regular or AOE special with Aether would generally improve your team's arena score by 1. If you are on the cusp of being able to stay in tier 20 (i.e. getting opponents with scores of 698 or more), I would consider it.

User Info: akaean

akaean
1 year ago#7
Or if Aether is a key part of a units skill set. Like a steady breath dragon utilizing aether to deal immense damage and remain in QR range.

User Info: reicta

reicta
1 year ago#8
KnightmareSin posted...
I'd recommend against Minerva because she's 5* exclusive.

I'd strongly recommend for Effie or Sheena because they're easier to merge and have low SI value relative to Hector/Amelia. But I wouldn't promote for Aether, rather just SI a Chrom pity breaker.

Well it’d be for a flier team I’ve been liking, but unfortunately my flier team is made up of five star exclusives. I don’t care about getting max points but maybe being able to stay in tier 20 would be nice...

omnimal posted...
Unless Minerva is a core unit on your arena team that won't be replaced anytime soon, I would not give her Aether.

Replacing a regular or AOE special with Aether would generally improve your team's arena score by 1. If you are on the cusp of being able to stay in tier 20 (i.e. getting opponents with scores of 698 or more), I would consider it.

Well it would be for a flier team but I didn’t consider aoe specials. How much of a bump would it be from ignis?

User Info: DunnoBro

DunnoBro
1 year ago#9
If anything I'd wait for Galeforce. Same SP cost, and Minerva actually has a decent chance of using it with her legendary killer weapon. (With QP sacred seal, she'd just need to double someone that can counterattack)

Overall though, it'd be better spent on merges for your other units. And unless you can get more Minervas, I wouldn't invest too heavily into her.

Without at least +12~ merges on your overall team, you won't be staying in tier 20 without an armor team.
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052 (Pokemon Y Ingame name is Isaac)

User Info: Primum_Mobile

Primum_Mobile
1 year ago#10
If our understanding of arena score is correct, aether is worth 1.5 merges.

But I would wait until you can replace at least 3 units’ special before going ahead. The effect of +1 merges tend to be unnoticeable. Who knows what would change by the time you saved enough for 3 aether.
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Worth 20k feathers to give a unit Aether for arena score?
  • Topic Archived