Why All The Ayra Hype?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Why All The Ayra Hype?

User Info: Gravis_Mortorum

Gravis_Mortorum
11 months ago#1
I honestly don't get it.... why is everyone freaking out about her? I have a pull of her with perfect IVs (+Spd -Res) and she's good... but not meta defining or game breaking. Heck, I still prefer my Ryoma over her, and it's not even close.
I haven't played the game she's from... is her character really well done or something? Cause Heroes wise, she doesn't seem worth the hype.

User Info: RenamonFOX

RenamonFOX
11 months ago#2
Do a little research. IS pulled some shady s*** on her banner.
Style is survival

User Info: Gravis_Mortorum

Gravis_Mortorum
11 months ago#3
I get the shady thing, but in order to care about the bait and switch you have to care about the character and I just don't see why I should.

User Info: Thewanderer333

Thewanderer333
11 months ago#4
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
I honestly don't get it.... why is everyone freaking out about her? I have a pull of her with perfect IVs (+Spd -Res) and she's good... but not meta defining or game breaking. Heck, I still prefer my Ryoma over her, and it's not even close.
I haven't played the game she's from... is her character really well done or something? Cause Heroes wise, she doesn't seem worth the hype.

A lot of people are fans of the game where she was from actually (or so I've heard). I would feel the same if that happened to Lyn since i was a big fan of Blazing Sword.

User Info: RenamonFOX

RenamonFOX
11 months ago#5
in order to care about the bait and switch you have to care about the character

No you do not. Seriously. Hundreds of topics on the subject. Go check 'em out.
Style is survival

User Info: VirusLord

VirusLord
11 months ago#6
She's one of the fan-favorite characters of FE4, and is the original female swordmaster. She also has the same boosted stats that were originally unique to the CYL units (and for no apparent reason), along with having a unique sword and skill, iirc.
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW

User Info: Nosydew

Nosydew
11 months ago#7
I get the shady thing, but in order to care about the bait and switch you have to care about the character and I just don't see why I should.

You shouldn't. She's not that great. Her stats are abit higher but she's still a red sword user so the meta immediately makes her subpar.

Unless you like her character theirs not much point of careing.
FC 1693-3445-8347
IGN: noseydewdrop

User Info: reicta

reicta
11 months ago#8

She just seems like powercreep to me. I don't think her presentation is fantastic (though I hear she has a lot of fans), but she has 5-6 more base stats than your precious Ryoma, an insane weapon passive and an insane exclusive special.

The thing with heavy blade effects is it wasn't easy to ensure you always had more attack than your enemies to make it work. It was considered a gimmick in arena and it was almost impossible to use reliably in the high-end PvE content because of inflated stats. With Ayra, her weapon gives her speed, she's just about the speediest sword in the game now, comes with swift sparrow, and if that wasn't enough, assuming phantom speed seal works, she will be guaranteed to always have +1 cooldown reduction for her 2 CD skill that grants damage BASED ON SPEED.

Edit: I have her, +atk -def. I'm just worried about the game getting too power-creepy.

Edit 2: The one thing I positive I can say about Ayra, though, is that she's easily counterable. Her res is bad so you can easily nuke her, and she doesn't have any safeguards (like DC vantage, Sigurd's magic reduction passives, Urvan, etc.) to keep her alive besides high speed. I think that in itself is a good approach. At least she's not powercreep and has BS mechanics that make her a nightmare in arena.

User Info: Emmy_Altava

Emmy_Altava
11 months ago#9

Because if you don't care now, they'll keep doing it until they eventually hit someone you do care about.

Either directly, or indirectly in the form of obsoleting them.
4038-5999-4824

User Info: BobRoss

BobRoss
11 months ago#10
I think she's far better than Ryoma for the simple fact that she can kill Lancers. Ryoma can only dream of doing that. Ryoma is overrated.

Also red swords are becoming more useful since greens are pretty popular again.

https://m.imgur.com/a/V2ron

This is very impressive, she can kill an opposing color that should beat her. She also gets into desperation out of this

You're lying to yourself if you think "she's not that good".
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Why All The Ayra Hype?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived