How best to spend my 80k feathers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How best to spend my 80k feathers?

User Info: sillatjie

sillatjie
11 months ago#1
How best to spend my 80k feathers? (see my barracks below) - Results (33 votes)
Promote +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki (20k feathers)
9.09% (3 votes)
Promote Robin (F) and give her Gronnraven+ (40k feathers, or 60k for TA3)
0% (0 votes)
Promote +Atk/-Spd Boey and give him Gronnraven+ (40k feathers, or 60k for TA3)
9.09% (3 votes)
Promote +Res/-Spd Fae and give her Lightning Breath+ (40k feathers, or 60k for TA3)
0% (0 votes)
Give +Atk/-Def Olwen Blarblade+ (20k feathers)
12.12% (4 votes)
Promote Arvis (my only bonus unit for TT) (20k feathers)
33.33% (11 votes)
Promote +Atk/-Def Kagero (20k feathers, or 40k for Death Blow)
6.06% (2 votes)
*Promote +Atk/-HP Saizo (see below for build info and costs)
3.03% (1 vote)
Promote +Atk/-HP Cherche and give her Brave Axe+ (40k feathers, or 60k for Death Blow)
18.18% (6 votes)
Something else (please comment)
9.09% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hi everyone,

If you have time I'd really appreciate some help deciding what I should spend my feathers on. My barracks are linked at the bottom of this post - I just included the 3* and 4* units, the rest are mostly just fodder. If you'd like IVs for any of my units, just let me know.

I need more Lyn counters for Arena Assault, that's why the first 4 options are up there. Tiki is the cheapest, but she doesn't counter Reinhardt. Boey, Robin, and Fae can counter Reinhardt too, but they would cost 60k feathers each to counter both properly. Fae also doesn't have great IVs, so I don't think I should promote her yet. I'm still trying to get Inigo on the PA banner so hopefully I'll pull a +Atk Fae too.

*Saizo is a favourite unit of mine from Fates, and I was thinking of giving him Poison Dagger+, Close Counter, and Vantage. He can also counter Lyn, but in that case he would have to use Bowbreaker and his native Smoke Dagger, and then it's probably not worth giving him Poison Dagger and CC anymore. So the original build I wanted for him would be 40k, and the Lyn counter build would be just 20k.

I wanted to give Olwen Blarblade+ because she often fails to kill things with Dire Thunder, but with all the Brave Lyns around to nullify her bonuses I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. On the other hand, everyone will soon have the anti-Dire Thunder seal, so maybe a blade tome is still the better option for her.

Arvis is my only bonus unit for the upcoming TT. I won't be pulling on the new banners because all my orbs are reserved for trying to get Olivia and Inigo on the PA banner. Maybe Arvis will be good enough as a 4* unit with the Tempest bonuses. I'm not sure I should promote him - I only have +Spd/-Res Lilina and +Res/-Spd Sanaki as red mages, but he doesn't seem much stronger than them. Maybe the debuffing and Recover Ring would be useful in multi-battle modes though.

Lastly I have a +Atk Cherche, but I don't have Death Blow. My Flier team is currently made up of S.Corrin with Bladetome+ and Goad, regular Camilla with Fortify Fliers, and Palla and Subaki with Goad. I don't have Hone Fliers. I know there are much stronger flier units, but the only one I have is Cherche and at this point I'm not convinced it's worth promoting her yet.

Thanks very much to anyone who has taken the time to read all this! I would like to make a decision soon so I can make use of the Warrior maps to train my units tonight or tomorrow, since it's the last time we get double SP for them.

Here's my barracks:

https://i.imgur.com/G4Mm0OD.png
https://i.imgur.com/n87lLjS.png
https://i.imgur.com/USony7l.png
https://i.imgur.com/gnvZAAq.png
https://i.imgur.com/RFNWEAy.png
https://i.imgur.com/OEsFWhE.png
https://i.imgur.com/hGkFJuT.png
https://i.imgur.com/Q6mN5jI.png
3DS Friend Code: 2122-6826-1056
My Castle (Europe): 18094-31164-07663-31018

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
11 months ago#2
Promote your waifu die happy

I'd go for Avris or Kagero if you don't have a waifu

Edit
Voted for Boey on accident. If you had a spare Roy, sure, but not for 40k

User Info: TsuRyu

TsuRyu
11 months ago#3
Boey and Robin already get the job done with regular Raven, TA2 and QR/BowBreaker if you wanna save some feathers.

Other than that, Id work on your main arena trio. First top that and afterwards you'll have more feathers than you know what to do with it :)

User Info: Link_king_ownz

Link_king_ownz
11 months ago#4
I’m going to say Arvis because I’m biased and mine is 5*+2.

But objectively speaking he will be very useful as bonus for TT. Otherwise I’d say Olwen, she’s a monstrosity with those IVs.

I like +Spd Kagero over +Atk. Cherche is good if youre lacking greens, which you really aren’t but shes better than most of yours.
Fire Emblem Heroes IGN: Saif - 8632737825 Lyn Lead
FFRK: rPSu - Thunder God

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
11 months ago#5
Definitely do not spend big on Boey. Even with 4*, Gronnraven, and TA2, he'll shrug off Lyn easily.

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
11 months ago#6
I'd say promote Boey, optimize him AND promote Adult Tiki.

sillatjie posted...
*Saizo is a favourite unit of mine from Fates, and I was thinking of giving him Poison Dagger+, Close Counter, and Vantage. He can also counter Lyn, but in that case he would have to use Bowbreaker and his native Smoke Dagger, and then it's probably not worth giving him Poison Dagger and CC anymore. So the original build I wanted for him would be 40k, and the Lyn counter build would be just 20k.

I'd wait on Saizo for now. The poison dagger isn't quite as useful as it once was, and the only other good dagger options are his Smoke Dagger+, a Silver Dagger+, and 2 daggers that are on limited units (Seashell+ and Dancer's Ring+). Wait until they release something better.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 MH4U and MHG IGN: JC

User Info: Default_Trainer

Default_Trainer
11 months ago#7
Kagero is very niche but INSANELY useful in the right situations.

I hardly use her in Arena, but she's saved my butt in Arena Assault, Chain Challenge, Squad Assault, Grand Hero etc. more times than I can even count. You dont even need to give her Death Blow. Warding Blow helps her fill her niche as a Mage-Killer better.

Boey in this metagame is great of course and since you dont have Inigo he's your best bet at a Rein+Lyn counter.

I upgraded Cherche and gave her Brave Axe+. I regret it now. her Res is bad and with all the blue tomes running around you would hope your green could tank them better.

Then there's Arvis that will get you a couple more Orbs.
vincit qui se vincit

sillatjie
11 months ago#8
JCoconut posted...
Promote your waifu die happy

I'd go for Avris or Kagero if you don't have a waifu

Edit
Voted for Boey on accident. If you had a spare Roy, sure, but not for 40k

Haha, in my case it would be husbando and Saizo. I think I might actually do that, since he would be my cheapest Lyn counter and I'd still have 60k feathers left over for someone else.

Regarding Boey, it would still be 40k feathers without promoting Selena for TA3, because I'd have to promote Cecilia for her tome.

TsuRyu posted...
Boey and Robin already get the job done with regular Raven, TA2 and QR/BowBreaker if you wanna save some feathers.

Other than that, Id work on your main arena trio. First top that and afterwards you'll have more feathers than you know what to do with it :)

Arthellinus posted...
Definitely do not spend big on Boey. Even with 4*, Gronnraven, and TA2, he'll shrug off Lyn easily.

The problem with giving Boey TA2 is that he can't tank an optimal (+Atk, DB3, Moonbow, QP, with one Hone Cavalry buff) unmerged Reinhardt anymore. And the Reins I fight in Arena/AA are usually optimal and merged to boot. If I'm going to promote him I'd rather spend the extra feathers to make sure he can do what he's supposed to do, especially since I think new units are just going to keep getting stronger and stronger.

Regarding my arena trio, I'm not really interested in merging them right now. I already alternate between tier 19 and 20, so all I would get by merging to stay in Tier 20 is 1k extra feathers every second week. To put it in perspective, it would take 5 months to pay for just one merge.

Link_king_ownz posted...
I’m going to say Arvis because I’m biased and mine is 5*+2.

But objectively speaking he will be very useful as bonus for TT. Otherwise I’d say Olwen, she’s a monstrosity with those IVs.

I like +Spd Kagero over +Atk. Cherche is good if youre lacking greens, which you really aren’t but shes better than most of yours.

I have a +Spd/-HP Kagero, would that be better? I went with +Atk because Gamepress recommended it over +Spd, and it got her more wins in the Mass Duel Simulator.

User Info: reicta

reicta
11 months ago#9
Arthellinus posted...

Unfortunately using him like that will really hurt your arena rating, but if you aren't too concerned with that and want a raven tome just to survive BLyn so you can get deathless wins, it'll be fine.

OP, I vote for either Arvis (because I like him, he's objectively good and he'll help you with TT), or a raven tome user if you don't already have one yet. They are really helpful in all content.

sillatjie
11 months ago#10
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
I'd say promote Boey, optimize him AND promote Adult Tiki.

sillatjie posted...

I'd wait on Saizo for now. The poison dagger isn't quite as useful as it once was, and the only other good dagger options are his Smoke Dagger+, a Silver Dagger+, and 2 daggers that are on limited units (Seashell+ and Dancer's Ring+). Wait until they release something better.

Hmm, Boey and Tiki are good options too. And since Arvis is winning the poll by a landslide, maybe I should just give Boey a regular raven tome for now and use that 20k on Arvis instead. As long as Boey has TA3 he'll be able to tank both Rein and Lyn. I won't be using him in regular arena anyway, so his BST won't matter.

Yeah, I'm undecided on promoting Saizo. On one hand he's a favourite of mine and I'd really like to use him in Heroes, but I'm worried the results won't be worth all the feathers and using up my extra Takumi. I was happy when I realized he could tank counter Lyn with Bowbreaker, but then he's have to use his regular dagger, and I have no experience using debuff units so I don't know how well it would work.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How best to spend my 80k feathers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived