How to save a bad IV Boey

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How to save a bad IV Boey

User Info: reicta

reicta
8 months ago#11
TaterTot57 posted...
Before I came into this topic, I predicted that the IV posted would not even be that bad.

Turns out I was right.

Yeah +def/-hp is great for him. The only other good options are +atk/-hp and maybe +spd/-hp if that's your thing.

Boey is a physically tanky, enemy phase mage. If you try to nuke with him you're gonna have a bad time. A good budget setup is Gronnraven, TA2, QR2, ignis or bonfire, reposition/draw back. Your upgrade priority is gronnraven+, TA3, QR3 in that order. The weapon is most important because that gives you an extra eight damage with quick riposte.

Mine is +def/-hp and has been great for the niche of countering all colorless and blues:

https://i.imgur.com/nhDIVV5.jpg

User Info: Crusher063

Crusher063
8 months ago#12
With those IVs you don’t even need bowbreaker to Counter the brave bows, QR works just fine and gives you more coverage. In fact, B Tomebreaker might be a better option given his relatively low res. Good luck!

reicta
8 months ago#13
Crusher063 posted...
With those IVs you don’t even need bowbreaker to Counter the brave bows, QR works just fine and gives you more coverage. In fact, B Tomebreaker might be a better option given his relatively low res. Good luck!

If he's running TA3 then blue tomebreaker isn't really worth it either imo. Getting doubled won't be a big deal and Reinhardt will never quad you. Green tomebreaker would be the best alternative to QR if you wanted coverage against other mages imo, but in arena green mages like to run gtomebreaker so that might not help anyway and you'll still lose.

User Info: Okigen

Okigen
8 months ago#14
...I thought +def is Boey's best boon besides +atk?
It helps with his special charge and tanking ability.

User Info: Crusher063

Crusher063
8 months ago#15
reicta posted...
Crusher063 posted...

If he's running TA3 then blue tomebreaker isn't really worth it either imo. Getting doubled won't be a big deal and Reinhardt will never quad you. Green tomebreaker would be the best alternative to QR if you wanted coverage against other mages imo, but in arena green mages like to run gtomebreaker so that might not help anyway and you'll still lose.

Yeah, was just kinda thinking, given his low RES, you probably want to keep him away from anything but blues and colorless with this build. But I get your point. I haven’t crunched any numbers but was just thinking that some high res, high ATK blue mages like Delthea or Blade Olwen or Mae would kill him even with TA and QR if they hit twice. Not sure though.

QR probably gives the broadest coverage. I’d just stick with that. It’s what I have on mine.

User Info: barreldragon88

barreldragon88
8 months ago#16
Between Soren, Boey, and Inigo, who would generate the best bang for my buck with the Raven build? I had planned on making Soren the inferior Nino, but had been pondering if he should get the Raven treatment. Would be nice to give Boey a use, but i also don’t want to force it.
Long live Saint Seiya!!

User Info: madninja1

madninja1
8 months ago#17
That's exactly the IV's of the Boey I plan to promote. Give him the Gronnraven set and watch a +atk BowLyn with Hone Cavalry do 1 damage. 1 damage. If you give him the Distant Defense 3 seal he laughs at the faces of +10 Reinhardt and +10 BowLyn at the same time.
There is only room for one boss...
FC: 1908-1619-7613 IGN: Ace

reicta
8 months ago#18
barreldragon88 posted...
Between Soren, Boey, and Inigo, who would generate the best bang for my buck with the Raven build? I had planned on making Soren the inferior Nino, but had been pondering if he should get the Raven treatment. Would be nice to give Boey a use, but i also don’t want to force it.

Soren lacks the defenses and is better with gronnblade in my opinion. Honestly Inigo might be the best investment right now. His defenses are low too, but he is just good enough that he can serve as a raven user, counter blues with TA3 and dance when he's not needed for the above two purposes. Boey is much safer in that you'll never have to worry about him being unable to survive physical attacks, but Inigo has the utility.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. How to save a bad IV Boey

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived