• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Quick and Dirty Damage Mechanics (not actually quick or dirty)

User Info: Reimys

Reimys
2 years ago#51
oberon posted...
Thank you! I have a question on Death Blow, it applies to threaten Attack as well, and it's very time-sensitive as I'm taking Michalis on in Lunatic!

Does Death Blow 3's +6 attack get factored in before calculating weapon effectiveness and WTA, or last? Or between them? I'm guessing it comes in last but just want to check, since it could make the difference between winning or losing this battle.

It comes in before WTA! To illustrate, I had a Catria (Lance pegasus) tank the red cavalier- she has 26 defense and took 19 damage, so the cavalier was effectively attacking at 45 attack. If death blow applied after WTA, he would have had 46 (50 - 10 from WTD, +6 from death blow).
3DS FC: 4656 - 7963 - 4906;
IGNs: Y Mimosa (????); AS Cinquefoil (????); M Emii (1328)

User Info: IIIRX7III

IIIRX7III
2 years ago#52
Obligatory: https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/67006517.jpg
FFRK - Keeper's Tome: VRsA/Sentinel's Grimoire: we6Y
YouTube (BlazBlue high-level matches and other games): http://www.youtube.com/user/RX7jkr

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
2 years ago#53
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but do Retribution/Reprisal/Vengeance calculate only based on difference between current and max HP, or does the game track actual damage taken even if you heal the character?

Reimys
2 years ago#54
Arthellinus posted...
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but do Retribution/Reprisal/Vengeance calculate only based on difference between current and max HP, or does the game track actual damage taken even if you heal the character?

Current HP vs Max HP, I'm afraid.
Oh, and do be careful about those HP activation skills if you have an odd number, since the game hates decimals. I forget which way it "rounds" but either 15 or 16 still counts as "equal to" 50% of 31, even though you'd technically be above/below 15.5. There was another topic about it but I can't find it now.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

Reimys
2 years ago#56
The UnLucky Cat posted...
Oh, and do be careful about those HP activation skills if you have an odd number, since the game hates decimals. I forget which way it "rounds" but either 15 or 16 still counts as "equal to" 50% of 31, even though you'd technically be above/below 15.5. There was another topic about it but I can't find it now.

Hah. Haha.

I remember being infuriated by that with Wary Fighter once in the Zephiel lunatic chapter. The guy's max hp was 57, if I recall. I attacked with more than one unit to get him down to 28 with the intention of having that break Wary Fighter so my last unit could double and kill for flawless completion.

Guess what my last unit couldn't do?

Anyway, for your answer, it's 15. 15 still counts as 50% of 31.
(edited 2 years ago)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: celerytea

celerytea
2 years ago#59
celerytea posted...
Reimys posted...
The UnLucky Cat posted...
Reimys posted...
Though that reminds me I actually probably should do a quick thing on Draconic Gaze/Aura/Fang sooner or later. ...In a bit, maybe; I'm looking at my typoes in my posts from yesterday and cringing now that I can't edit them anymore.

Since these state they boost Atk, rather than damage, that's adding to your stats, right? So Weapon Triangle and Effectiveness would fully apply to this?

Or is this completely wrong, and it actually adds (Atk*0.3~0.5) to your damage at the end?

Short of it is that like other skills that add damage based off a stat (Ignis/Glacies) theyadd a bonus independent of WTA/WTD. So the latter is correct, and you get more damage than you'd think against WTD. Likewise, you won't get more damage bonus from the proc itself when you have WTA compared to neutral.

I'll get a post on it up tonight, hopefully, though it might or might not be delayed; I haven't yet had a chance to see how it interacts with Death Blow (do Glacies and Iceberg get a bonus from Warding Blow, etc?) since no unit has had the combination yet and all of my units with one or the other are very short on SP.

I'd also like to know how draconic aura interacts with -blade weapons, i.e. whether it includes the bonus attack from -blade in the multiplier (though I might test it myself since I do have a spare fcorrin and nino)

(cant edit my own posts yet so im just gonna quote myself and then delete)
I just realized that i could just sacrifice a 3* sophia to test with dragon gaze.

http://i.imgur.com/jVlIx5W.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FKTUume.jpg

green vs green so no weapon triangle
47 atk (+12 buffs) vs 3 res

case a: dragon gaze multiplies attack prior to factoring in gronnblade boost
47*1.3 = 61.1 + 12 = 73.1
73 - 3 res = 70 damage

case b: dragon gaze multiplies attack including gronnblade boost
(47 + 12)*1.3 = 59*1.3 = 76.1
76 - 3 res = 73 damage

you can get the res by 59 atk - 56 damage displayed = 3 res
(and if you want to check nino's buffs, you can subtract the max stats of a +spd-atk nino (robin has hone spd 3))

Reimys
2 years ago#60
Aha, I was wondering what those deleted posts were. I kept getting to them too late and wondered if someone had answered their own question.

Order for stuff like this generally tends to be all buff based stat mods first, then calculate battle damage based on those stats after mods. Things like WTD penalty and type effectiveness are discluded from Dragon- series skills.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Quick and Dirty Damage Mechanics (not actually quick or dirty)
  • Post New Message