• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Quick and Dirty Damage Mechanics (not actually quick or dirty)

User Info: HirosakiShadow

HirosakiShadow
2 years ago#31
Ah, apologies. It came out right in my head and wrong on paper. Goes to show how capable I am in the morning.

0-4=0
5-9=+-1
10-14=+-2
etc...
Back in Business
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Reimys

Reimys
2 years ago#32
HirosakiShadow posted...
Ah, apologies. It came out right in my head and wrong on paper. Goes to show how capable I am in the morning.

0-4=0
5-9=+-1
10-14=+-2
etc...

Haha, I know the feeling. I just caught the typo in my last post myself. >_>;;
3DS FC: 4656 - 7963 - 4906;
IGNs: Y Mimosa (????); AS Cinquefoil (????); M Emii (1328)

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
2 years ago#33
Potentially straightforward question, but...

In the event that someone with a triangle bonus (e.g. a Ruby Sword or Triangle Adept) attacks someone else with the same skill, is the triangle modifier incremented further?

i.e. is it x1.6 instead of x1.4 or x1.2? If you've mentioned this already and I can't read, then my apologies.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
(edited 2 years ago)

Reimys
2 years ago#34
Krentaris posted...
Potentially straightforward question, but...

In the event that someone with a triangle bonus (e.g. a Ruby Sword or Triangle Adept) attacks someone else with the same skill, is the triangle modifier incremented further?

i.e. is it x1.6 instead of x1.4 or x1.2? If you've mentioned this already and I can't read, then my apologies.

It was indirectly mentioned- by indirect, I mean not by me. But CyclonSilver was correct when they said multiple instances of gem/adept don't stack with each other.

54 attack Sanaki with triangle adept 3 equipped vs 22 res Subaki equipped with Sapphire Lance+ does 11 damage. She's attacking at 33 effective attack; 40% of 54 is 21, and that's the amount she's penalized by, rather than 60%, 32, which would bring her down to 22 and therefore 0 damage.

User Info: HirosakiShadow

HirosakiShadow
2 years ago#35
Here's a moment of personal stupidity. I shall share it so that none may waste their time as I have.

I had a 9th stratum tower match-up between a Reinhardt with 42 ATK and an axe knight with triangle adept 3 and a RES of 14.

Reinhardt's skill, Blazing Thunder-was at the ready to deal 1.5 times his ATK minus the opponents RES as pre-battle damage.

The game listed the damage from Blazing Thunder as 42, which seemed ASTRONOMICALLY high fighting against a unit that had both WTA AND Triangle Adept 3. I then looked here to be reminded that proc skills are unaffected by the weapon triangle

My mistake was that I was calculating the 1.5x bonus BEFORE subtracting the axe knights RES to get the damage total, because every other skill that I have had access to prior only deals 1x damage, and so I lazily ignored the tool tip equation displayed on the skill in-game: 1.5x(ATK-DEF/RES)=total damage. I was thinking 42+21=63-14=49, when the correct answer was 42-14=28+14=42.

Concurrently, I kept getting thrown off because the damage listed by the game was EXACTLY 1x my Reinhardt's ATK value since the axe knight coincidentally had the exact RES value necessary to make the damage from my 1.5x boost equal to my base ATK.

It was an interesting scenario for me, and I encourage others not to commit my lazy error and ignore the parenthesis in skills like blazing thunder which clearly denote the order of operations. :P
Back in Business
Reimys posted...
Though that reminds me I actually probably should do a quick thing on Draconic Gaze/Aura/Fang sooner or later. ...In a bit, maybe; I'm looking at my typoes in my posts from yesterday and cringing now that I can't edit them anymore.

Since these state they boost Atk, rather than damage, that's adding to your stats, right? So Weapon Triangle and Effectiveness would fully apply to this?

Or is this completely wrong, and it actually adds (Atk*0.3~0.5) to your damage at the end?
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

Reimys
2 years ago#37
The UnLucky Cat posted...
Reimys posted...
Though that reminds me I actually probably should do a quick thing on Draconic Gaze/Aura/Fang sooner or later. ...In a bit, maybe; I'm looking at my typoes in my posts from yesterday and cringing now that I can't edit them anymore.

Since these state they boost Atk, rather than damage, that's adding to your stats, right? So Weapon Triangle and Effectiveness would fully apply to this?

Or is this completely wrong, and it actually adds (Atk*0.3~0.5) to your damage at the end?

Short of it is that like other skills that add damage based off a stat (Ignis/Glacies) theyadd a bonus independent of WTA/WTD. So the latter is correct, and you get more damage than you'd think against WTD. Likewise, you won't get more damage bonus from the proc itself when you have WTA compared to neutral.

I'll get a post on it up tonight, hopefully, though it might or might not be delayed; I haven't yet had a chance to see how it interacts with Death Blow (do Glacies and Iceberg get a bonus from Warding Blow, etc?) since no unit has had the combination yet and all of my units with one or the other are very short on SP.
(edited 2 years ago)
Ok yeah, right as I ask I find such an example in the training tower (just Dragon Gaze).

So the description is kind of misleading, in that it's not actually added "to" Atk, it's separate.

http://i.imgur.com/bZiSWPv.png

Green 26 Atk vs Blue 27 Def
Damage number says 4, difference in HP is 11
Regular damage should be:
floor[26*1.2] = 31, 31-27 = 4

Dragon Gaze "Grants +30% to Atk."
So if that's 130% base Atk, they would have:
floor[26*1.3] = 33 Atk
With WTA it would deal:
floor[33*1.2] = 39, 39 - 27 = 12

But even by rounding down at every step, that's still too high.

It's actually regular damage + floor[26*0.3] = (31-27) + 7 = 11

So the description should be like Glacies and say "Boosts damage dealt by 30% of unit's Atk" instead. Thanks Treehouse!!
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you
(edited 2 years ago)

Reimys
2 years ago#39
Haha, well, guess you saved me the trouble of getting my own screens up.

Time for the infinitely longer taking check of ___ blows and proc skills! I'm inclined to believe they should, but you know, surprise curveballs and all that. Sp grinding is a hard life when you're trying to get your arena team up to speed as well...

User Info: Gipsylass

Gipsylass
2 years ago#40
Very interesting read, thanks.

I have two questions which might already be answered somewhere and I overlooked it: What do the different colors of the stats mean. I read in an other fire emblem thread (but it was not about this game), the blue stats = buffed stats and red stats = debuffed stats, is this the same here?

And.... what do the little green (up) or red (down) arrows mean? Maybe this was explained somewhere already, but I didn't find it. So thanks for helping me out.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Quick and Dirty Damage Mechanics (not actually quick or dirty)
  • Post New Message