• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Quick and Dirty Damage Mechanics (not actually quick or dirty)

User Info: DivideR

DivideR
2 years ago#11
Woah woah woah. Great job as usual, but I'm not reading that =D.
gx-r-div

User Info: Reimys

Reimys
2 years ago#12
DivideR posted...
Woah woah woah. Great job as usual, but I'm not reading that =D.

tl;dr
- NO, FLAT DEFENSE PIERCING DAMAGE DOESN'T EXIST, NOT IN THE -BLADE TOMES AND GLACIES/IGNIS/VENGEANCE PROC LINES AT LEAST.
- BLADES AREN'T FLAT DAMAGE.
- PROCS AREN'T DEFENSE PIERCING (they are however WTA/WTD ignoring due to when they're added).
- YOU CAN'T DO ALL THE MULTIPLICATION IN ONE STEP BECAUSE YOU'LL PROBABLY END UP WITH A LARGER MODIFIER ON YOUR DAMAGE THAN THE GAME WILL ACTUALLY GIVE YOU.
- CALCULATE WEAPON EFFECTIVENESS BONUS FIRST, THEN DO NORMAL WTA/WTD CALCULATIONS FROM THAT.

There, I think I summed everything up, what do you think? 'v'
3DS FC: 4656 - 7963 - 4906;
IGNs: Y Mimosa (????); AS Cinquefoil (????); M Emii (1328)
(edited 2 years ago)
Good guide. Sticky requested. You'd think people would have figured this out on their own after so long but I guess math is hard. I was able to figure alll of this so yay me.

I have a weird situation though. Explain this please:
https://imgur.com/a/jNwl2

This is a arena battle, so no weird units with weird stats in the tower. My Julia vs enemy Julia. 1st pic is how much damage we do to each other. 2nd shows stats of enemy Julia. I can assure you both Julia's have same attack and res, yet enemy does more damage than me. No units near each other to provide buffs. So how did this happen?
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631

User Info: AntiAir

AntiAir
2 years ago#14
Did you, er, perchance have your Julia's +Res passive at only +1?
Destroyer of aircraft.
Nope. Like I said, they both have the same atk and res. Only reason I took a picture is because of the oddity that they have the same stats yet did different damage.

I just looked at my Julia right now. I've used her for a long time so I don't need to change skills around. Of course, no skills have been changed since that battle, and she still has the same stats.
At first I was wondering what the heck "Weapon Effectiveness" meant, since I was pretty sure natural Weapon Triangle was straight up added to Triangle Adept or Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald weapons, not separately. Like, did you mean the raw effectiveness of the weapon itself, Damage(Mt), or in-combat buffs/debuffs attached to weapons?

But then I realized you meant the "Effective Against [unit type]" bonus damage. I guess technically that's only on the weapon itself (discounting Svalinn Shield), at least so far.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: Etria

Etria
2 years ago#17
I suppose this is better than mine at this point.

I'll request mine to be unstickied.
(edited 0 seconds ago)

User Info: AntiAir

AntiAir
2 years ago#18
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Nope. Like I said, they both have the same atk and res. Only reason I took a picture is because of the oddity that they have the same stats yet did different damage.

I just looked at my Julia right now. I've used her for a long time so I don't need to change skills around. Of course, no skills have been changed since that battle, and she still has the same stats.

Oh hey it turns out that Naga gives +2 Def/Res when attacked.

http://feheroes.wiki/Naga

So your situation would have been backwards if you let the other Julia attack first.
Destroyer of aircraft.
GuerillaGorilla posted...

Check her tome. It gives +2 Def/Res when attacked.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you
Well damn. That explains it. I always forget Naga gives def and res in addition to Dragon slaying. Thanks peeps.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Quick and Dirty Damage Mechanics (not actually quick or dirty)
  • Post New Message