• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Merging and stat caps?

User Info: XionTeikiatsu

XionTeikiatsu
2 years ago#1
Not seeing it anywhere, but hoping someone could shed some light on this.

Is there a limit to how many times you can merge with the same hero? And, if you can continue merging excess heroes(say, to continuously boost the stats of your 5* because you have duplicate 5* Robins or something), do we know about any hard caps to the unit's stats?

I've seen that after merging, their level displays a plus symbol at the end, i.e: Lv. 40+, which seems to beg the question if it's even possible in the first place, because the game doesn't seem to notate anything past the first merge.
fsteak

User Info: hihi123hihi

hihi123hihi
2 years ago#2
Up to +10. I don't think there are enough samples out there to figure out the 40+10 caps.
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0510-8592

User Info: MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom
2 years ago#3
how exactly *do* you merge units? I have a few spare duplicates, but the merge option isn't available for them. And that +10-does that mean you can only merge a unit 10x?
3DS FC-1564-2439-6230, FE:Fates Castle Code : 01793-48737-27874-61817
1 Turn no Lilith. Amber, Rubies, Meat, Peaches
Team Rocket Elite 2 years ago#4
You can merge up to a maximum of "+10". At Lv40, each merge gives 2 stat points. At "+10", you always end up with 4 extra points in each of the 5 stats.
My bracket got smashed by DpObliVion.
Congrats to DpObliVion for winning the BGE15 Guru Contest!

User Info: gotohades

gotohades
2 years ago#5
You can merge up to a maximum of ten times, and each time you merge a unit with the same rating you'll get two stat points in random stats. At +10 you'll always have four extra stat points in each stat.
"You can make it all go away. Put your head back. Close your eyes. Wade into the quiet of the stream."- Hannibal
My Friend Code is 4682-8451-8168

MarkofWisdom
2 years ago#6
does the level of the merging unit matter? That is, the level of the unit being sacrificed to power up the main unit, so would I need to level the spare unit to 40 before merging to get the max benefit, or is merging a fresh level 1 just as good?

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
2 years ago#7
MarkofWisdom posted...
does the level of the merging unit matter? That is, the level of the unit being sacrificed to power up the main unit, so would I need to level the spare unit to 40 before merging to get the max benefit, or is merging a fresh level 1 just as good?

Levels dont matter in merging, the stars do. Equal/higher star gives SP AND stats while lower star count merge only gives SP.
FE Heroes ID: 7166381867. My 5 Star Heroes: Lyn, Camilla, Takumi, Hector, Leo, Marth, Nowi, Sharena, Cordelia, Abel, Roy, Linde.
FE Heroes Nick: CeruleanDood

MarkofWisdom
2 years ago#8
Ok, thanks for the info, that really helps in making sure I won't be wasting time levelling a unit I don't plan on using

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
2 years ago#9
MarkofWisdom posted...
Ok, thanks for the info, that really helps in making sure I won't be wasting time levelling a unit I don't plan on using

Another thing you should know is you lose all the merging bonuses if you ever promote a unit, so only do merging with 5 star units as the base.
FE Heroes ID: 7166381867. My 5 Star Heroes: Lyn, Camilla, Takumi, Hector, Leo, Marth, Nowi, Sharena, Cordelia, Abel, Roy, Linde.
FE Heroes Nick: CeruleanDood

MarkofWisdom
2 years ago#10
I actually already knew about the losing merge bonus if you promote, but thanks for the info in case anyone else finds this and has the same questions
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Merging and stat caps?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers