• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Astra isn't trash and has it's uses

User Info: New_Gen_Zero_2

New_Gen_Zero_2
1 week ago#1
Does it

Topic
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: thatonecanto

thatonecanto
1 week ago#2
no

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
1 week ago#3
it's not trash in that it's technically better than a single hit if you're not doubling, and can crit fish for kills.

it's trash in that it burns any strong weapon in barely any uses, and just...there's far better options in other classes that just do more damage than Astra without all the nonsense associated with it.

in the same time you took to get a Swordmaster with Astra, you could've gotten a Sniper with Hunter's Volley which is just objectively better in basically every way.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MonadoGuy25

MonadoGuy25
1 week ago#4
It might have some value if other brave arts didn't already exist, but as it is, its not only outclassed, but it has legitimately severe drawbacks that are notable enough for you to want to actively look for alternatives, rather than fall back on it, which is what puts every other brave art above Astra.

User Info: TheCaptureX

TheCaptureX
1 week ago#5
I will never understand what possessed the devs to nerf Astra into the ground while allowing Hunter's Volley and Fierce Iron Fist to exist.
This sentence serves no purpose.

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
1 week ago#6
TheCaptureX posted...
I will never understand what possessed the devs to nerf Astra into the ground while allowing Hunter's Volley and Fierce Iron Fist to exist.

it's a little more unique of a situation when you're considering Maddening wasn't a thing to start with when these were made. doubling is common in Hard so HV is just guaranteed doubles for more durability which isn't an especially big deal, and FiF is just worse than a standard quad. Astra in this situation with its crit fishing comes off as a more unique alternative
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Crazy_tank51

Crazy_tank51
1 week ago#7
You fool, you meddle with a dark force the likes of which you cannot comprehend!

Anyway, has uses? Yes.
Is trash? YES.

The main problem is that the opportunity cost of Astra is way too high. You're stuck in an average-at-best class to use it, it burns weapon uses like a rock band burns through drugs, and depends heavily on crit-fishing to work, and high-crit weapons have very low durability. The cost of using this skill is just incredibly high. You're stuck in a 5-move terrain-impacted foot class, utilizing a skill that requires crits to outpace a normal double attack, grinding your killer swords and Wo Daos down...for what? Why would you be using Astra over every other options you have available to you?

I seriously struggle to think of any situation where Astra will perform better than a huge chunk of other options. Multiple hits, you've got brave weapons and other doubling arts. Crit-fishing, just use War Master or FIF (one crit there should get the job done). Miracle, very rare and only comes into play in SS final match where Hunter Volley can do the job.

It isn't it can't do anything, it's that it asks so much of you and gives so little in return.
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD

User Info: CodeRedd23

CodeRedd23
1 week ago#8
Ehhh, it's trash. Like if it was just a sword Combat Art that some units could learn by training the weapon rank then it'd be okay-ish, still a bit to pricey but could have it's uses. However it's the payoff for grinding out Swordmaster, which isn't exactly a great class to begin with.
So at the cost of going into a class with better stats, range, mobility, or utility, you get a footlocked unit with a Combat Art that can sometimes do more damage then a Brave Sword, at the cost of 9 durability.
Journey, with me to Gielinor. From Ashdale, a world to explore~
I mean, if it didn't cost 9 durability, then maybe it'd be okay.

But it's way too overpriced for its own good, even if each individual hit didn't get nerfed from the Awakefates formula.
Switch Code: SW-8035-0729-0412
ACNH Dream Address: DA-7265-1503-7662
Confirm. 150% damage is welcome if coupled with critical hits. 9 durability isn't much of an issue if you are using mostly common weapons.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Astra isn't trash and has it's uses
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A