• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How bad of an idea is running War Cleric Edelgard for a NG Maddening run?
Not a meme or anything. I just thought the idea of Edelgard punching most of Fodlan out to be funny, I wanted to give NG Maddening another shot, and I recently finished the DLC campaign so I have plenty to help make the build easier to get. My main concerns besides Maddening's brutality is how to deal with raising Edelgard's faith against her bane, and what stat buffs I should farm for.
"Pathetic" - Asuka Langley Soryu

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
6 days ago#2
not an especially bad idea really. gauntlets are great and the healing utility is good to have too on occasion.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: Pinco_Pallino

Pinco_Pallino
6 days ago#3
She will be good enough thanks to her crazy high STR, and with sauna it really shouldn't be too hard to go againat that faith bane. The requirement is pretty low as well... C+, if i remember correctly? And obviously you don't need to go that far.
Make a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
(edited 6 days ago)
Probably not a great idea, but not a terrible one, either. As many people are quick to point out around here, you can still get into classes even if you don't have the exact ranks, so as long as you get her gauntlets high enough, fighting the faith bane shouldn't be too bad.

Heck if it doesn't sound fun, too.
Switch Code: SW-8035-0729-0412
ACNH Dream Address: DA-7265-1503-7662

User Info: beltrunner19

beltrunner19
6 days ago#5
For meme builds like this, I personally don't find any problem with just broken weapon grinding her faith for a bit, unless you think wasting time on her lessons and the sauna is pivotal to your experience.

Without grinding, the sauna is probably your best bet on raising her faith. She'll want as much speed and strength as possible, so leaving her in a mage class to raise faith by healing and using nosferatu just won't be effective (you definitely don't want to waste time on reason). Farming speed/strength/magic will never be the wrong choice.

As for other characters, all of the Black Eagles are capable, though Caspar isn't amazing and Hubert is better off replaced by Lysithea or Constance (who has supports with Edelgard and Ferdinand).

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
6 days ago#6
you only need like D+ Faith or something. shouldn't be a big issue
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: BardWannabe

BardWannabe
6 days ago#7
Plus her Reason spell list is actually kinda nice.

User Info: Xean_Liteheart

Xean_Liteheart
6 days ago#8
sounds ok

User Info: paxleo

paxleo
4 days ago#9
Gauntlets work with her middling speed. And this class brings up her magic growth as well!
*jumpglide*

User Info: NeoElfboy

NeoElfboy
4 days ago#10
People greatly overestimate the effect that banes have on reaching ranks like D+ or C (it's easier than hitting B as neutral, for instance). Edelgard can reach C brawling with 19 weeks of passive instruction alone.

Anyway she'll do fine as one, since her strength is so high.
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How bad of an idea is running War Cleric Edelgard for a NG Maddening run?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A