• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is the Crimson Flower an evil route?

User Info: Darunia336

Darunia336
6 days ago#1
Is the Crimson Flower an evil route?

I originally asked this in the question section, but I was sort of getting mixed replies so I figured it would be better to ask it here in the board and discuss it more in depth?

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
6 days ago#2
not by any standard definition of evil, unless you consider inciting war 'evil' by default.

but it is the antagonist route. that's the major part of it
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
6 days ago#3
It's the antagonist route. The game doesn't let you go full evil.
If you don't want none, don't start none.

User Info: Yuber8900

Yuber8900
6 days ago#4
No, it's not the evil route.

Nor is it the antagonist route either. Any route you're playing is the protagonist route by default. The church is an antagonist in one route. The Kingdom and Alliance are antagonists in two routes. The Empire is an antagonist in one route and TWSITD are antagonists in all the routes.

Crimson Flower is the route of the aggressor. For some people, starting a war is an unconscionable thing. For others letting a terrible status quo continue on unchallenged is unconscionable.

"All hail the almighty Yuber, God of the Underworld!" - AmandaKimmel
Considering Edelgard basically admits she's taking over Fodlan, that makes it a solid "Yes," tbh. :B
Switch Code: SW-8035-0729-0412
ACNH Dream Address: DA-7265-1503-7662
(edited 6 days ago)
Not nearly as evil as siding with the Church. *shudders*
When In Doubt, Eat A Tomato! -Ketchup ~
ACNH Residents: Chevre, Ketchup, Chrissy, Francine, Muffy, Reneigh, Stitches, Frobert, Julian, Raymond

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
6 days ago#7
CitrusChickadee posted...
Considering Edelgard basically admits she's taking over Fodlan, that makes it a solid "Yes," tbh. :B

Eh, couldn't really say. From Edelgard's perspective, it is doing the right thing, but a many monsters started down their road by thinking they were doing the right thing.

You could make an argument either way.

Still, I voted "no". I don't think Edelgard was meant to come across the way she wound up and they rushed her route.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

User Info: Misterkyle91

Misterkyle91
6 days ago#8
Nope, the church and lady rhea turn psycho and make all of edelgard's schemes completely justified.
Close enough, but not evil, because Edelgard extremely flawed as she is, is more on the corrupt side than the evil side.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Unbridled9

Unbridled9
6 days ago#10
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Close enough, but not evil, because Edelgard extremely flawed as she is, is more on the corrupt side than the evil side.

I thought CF made it clear that what was happening was that, without Byleth's support, she descends into madness and insanity. With it she remains sane and clear-headed thusly preventing her slide into madness.
I am the gentle hand who heals, the happy smile who shields, and the foot that will kick your ***! - White Mage
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is the Crimson Flower an evil route?
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 8 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 1205 Questions (1204 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A