• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Rate the Skill of the Day #10: Defiant Strength

User Info: New_Gen_Zero_2

New_Gen_Zero_2
1 week ago#1
How good is it - Results (42 votes)
S
0% (0 votes)
A
0% (0 votes)
B
16.67% (7 votes)
C
40.48% (17 votes)
D
42.86% (18 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
The rating system is as follows:
S- Absolute must have skill
A- Great skill, make it a priority to get if you can
B- Pretty good skill but has some flaws
C- Average skill, take it or leave it
D- Below Average, unequip it if you can

Results:
Alert Stance +: S
Darting Blow: S
Hit +20: S / A (Tied)
S+ Faire: A
Weight -3: B
Vantage: B
Sword Avoid +20: B
Mov +1: B
HP +5: C

User Info: silver_reaver

silver_reaver
1 week ago#2
If you're running Vengeance on Dedue or Cyril, this skill has some use because they will already be at a HP threshold where it activates.

There are no other circumstances where this skill is useful. Having to stay below 25% health is extremely dangerous, and the boost to your strength is not enough to justify the risk.
A really cool skill that's locked behind a pretty bad class.

Seriously, +8 Strength is no joke. On a class that doesn't take that many hit to begin with such as Snipers or Grapplers, it can be very well worth slapping Blessing on them and have them stay in Defiant Range all Map long.

Too bad it's locked behind Hero though. B Tier is what I'd give it
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
1 week ago#4
the skill itself is great, though it's locked behind Hero which is like the worst sword class alongside mortal savant.

then again, you can pull some pretty nutty Vantage-Wrath combos at low health without needing to grind for vantage. could be worth
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 week ago#5
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
A really cool skill that's locked behind a pretty bad class.

Seriously, +8 Strength is no joke. On a class that doesn't take that many hit to begin with such as Snipers or Grapplers, it can be very well worth slapping Blessing on them and have them stay in Defiant Range all Map long.

Too bad it's locked behind Hero though. B Tier is what I'd give it

Mastering an Advanced class is no easy task, it takes awhile to do that, and to have to train Swords and spend time as a Hero, I’m wondering what you would switch to from there. It’s a shame, because it really does seem like a good skill. You can master Warrior and then naturally promote to WarMaster for a Vantage/Wrath build, but what are you supposed to re-class into after mastering Hero? Sniper and Grappler might be the best ones like you said, since they are low investment classes anyway, but then you’re also delaying learning HV or FIF by mastering Hero first, and I think the time you would be able to benefit from this once you complete the build would be rather short.

Edit:
Plus you have to consider the possibility of ORKOing with HV or FIF without Defiant Str anyway, making the skill a waste.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
1 week ago#6
This, plus all of the other Defiant skills, suffer from the same problem: a decent skill with a terrible activation requirement locked behind mastering a late-game class. Strength is probably the best of the bunch because it's tied to an Advanced class as opposed to a Master class like the others, so it takes less time to acquire.
If you don't want none, don't start none.
Whisky posted...
I’m wondering what you would switch to from there?
Hero only needs C Swords and C Axes to have a chance of certifying. With those ranks you could easily go into Wyvern or Assassin.

But one unit it does really fit is a recurited Felix. He auto levels Brawling and Swords, so train him up for C Axes for Deathblow and Defiant Strength, he can make a pretty mean Grappler.
- Codsworth

User Info: beltrunner19

beltrunner19
1 week ago#8
Hero is a decent class that gets overlooked too much. It suits Dimitri really well, as he should have a decent sword rank and D+ axes from Brigand, being an easy certification that gives him more strength and doesn't handicap his speed like Cavalier and Paladin.

I've only ever actually used Defiant Strength on recruited Felix, though. I can't say he really has any use for it once he goes back through Brigand and picks up the skills he needs.
So, the skill itself is pretty good, but mastering an advanced class is quite a hill to climb.

It's 6 free damage for vengeance users, dodge tanks, and wrathvantage users if you can get it, but I can't really think of any male units who have both swords and axes in their normal skill path.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!
(edited 1 week ago)
beltrunner19 posted...
Hero is a decent class that gets overlooked too much. It suits Dimitri really well, as he should have a decent sword rank and D+ axes from Brigand, being an easy certification that gives him more strength and doesn't handicap his speed like Cavalier and Paladin.
Dimitri doesn't need Death Blow if using his B Warth + Vantage combo. He'd much rather go through Archer instead.

Speed is likewise not really needed for him since he aims to defeat most enemies in one shot. Even if you're weren't going for that skill combo, doubling without Darting Blow is rather difficult to do.
- Codsworth
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Rate the Skill of the Day #10: Defiant Strength
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A