• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. My FE: Four Houses ideas (spoilers?)

User Info: Wolferrum

Wolferrum
1 week ago#1
I had been pondering about what if there were 4 houses originally with the AW being the house for the Silver Snow path, the AW being the Church loyalists, the house for commoners, orphans, the abandoned, the youths the Church takes in. I didn't want to create OCs to fill it in, so I thought "what if they just took one student from each of the other houses and gave them to the AW, giving each house 7 members?"

Here are my changes.

Black Eagles
Edelgard
Hubert
Ferdinand
Linhardt
Caspar
2 out of Bernadetta/Petra/Dorothea

Blue Lions
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix (now the main Archer)
Sylvain
Ingrid
Mercedes
Annette

Golden Deer
Claude
Lorenz (possibly retainer)
Raphael
Ignatz
Marianne
Lysithea
Hilda/Leonie

Ashen Wolves
Yuri (Lord, much more magic focused)
Balthus
Constance
Hapi
Bernadetta/Petra/Dorothea
Ashe
Hilda/Leonie

I'm torn which of the 3 BE ladies not named Edelgard would be the most fitting for the AW (none of the dudes really fit) as Bernie could be a runaway noble seeking help from her friend Yuri (and becoming attached to her new home, the Church), Petra could be seeking sanctuary from the Empire (becoming loyal to the Church out of gratitude and quite reasonably opposed to the Empire later on), and Dorothea could just simply be an orphan opera star with ties to Yuri, following her mentor Manuela. If Bernie got dropped Petra could just take her place as the main Archer (fits her more than Swords if you ask me) while if Petra got dropped Bernie or Dorothea could be the new Flying focused unit. Dorothea dropping doesn't matter much because Hubert and Linhardt have both magics covered already.

For the GD I know it seems odd to consider dropping Hilda from them, probably blasphemy really, but notably she is the only retainer recruitable outside of her normal path as long as you don't turn against the Church, which makes her seem fitting for the new house loyal to the Church, and Lorenz can just become Claude's new begrudging retainer in her place. Plus she has ties to Balthus. Leonie is more of because she just doesn't have a tie to anyone else in the GD, so dropping her doesn't really ruin their dynamic and she fits in with the commoner aspect of the AW. Lances, Axes, and Bows are already covered by other GD members so if either dropped they'd still have everything covered.

For the BL Ashe just seems like the obvious choice. Ex-thief and an orphan, only the adopted child of a noble so less respect, the irony of him being part of the house loyal to the Church what with the Lonato fiasco, no ties to fellow BL students unlike all of the others. That does however mean the BL need a new Archer, but Felix seems like a great and easy fit since Dimitri and Ingrid already cover Swords and Felix seems like a great archery pupil for Shamir anyways.

For the AW themselves, Yuri is easily the Lord (magic focused Lord at that!) but I'm not sure on the retainer. Any of the original AW could fit, but so could any of the BE ladies or Hilda. Ashe and Leonie... eh, not feeling it.

I have some other ideas but I'll have to wait til later to type them up. I'll be happy to take any input and see your ideas though!
FE Fates Castle Code: 11256-06930-03502-45315
Switch: 4258-1217-0517

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
1 week ago#2
Don’t make Felix into a trashy archer! Why do all houses need em?

Wolferrum
1 week ago#3
SirBob1137 posted...
Have you ever tried giving him a Bow? He definitely ain't a trashy Archer. Felix already has a Bow boon and still hits like a truck with them. I think he honestly does better with a Bow over a Sword and his class selection is overall better (though Brawling is still his overall deadliest choice). His base growths and stats wouldn't change, he would just go from a base D rank in Swords to Bows instead. He would still keep his Sword and Brawling boons.

Don't confuse being an Archer with being Ashe or Ignatz (on modes below Maddening; Ignatz actually performs better on Maddening thanks to his high hit rate being relevant). Plenty of units make for deadly Archers and Felix is one of them.

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
1 week ago#4
Wolferrum posted...
Have you ever tried giving him a Bow? He definitely ain't a trashy Archer. Felix already has a Bow boon and still hits like a truck with them. I think he honestly does better with a Bow over a Sword and his class selection is overall better (though Brawling is still his overall deadliest choice). His base growths and stats wouldn't change, he would just go from a base D rank in Swords to Bows instead. He would still keep his Sword and Brawling boons.

Don't confuse being an Archer with being Ashe or Ignatz (on modes below Maddening; Ignatz actually performs better on Maddening thanks to his high hit rate being relevant). Plenty of units make for deadly Archers and Felix is one of them.
Dimitri is also a great Archer....

I am the bone of my Lance....

Steel is my body, Fire is my blood...

I have eaten a thousand weeds....

Unknown to Dedue, nor unknown to anyone....

I have withstood hardships, hoping to break Edelgard's neck....

Thus I pray...

Unlimited Atrocity Works!!!!!
There are gods higher than Seiros and even Sothis who have the final say on Fodlan. What they are called? "IS".
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
1 week ago#5
Prior to CS releasing, I had a similar thought for how the game would be structured, with the fourth house being for the church. And, of course, the game would have the much better name of "Fire Emblem: Seasons of Warfare."

As for the students to move over, I'd say Leonie and Dorothea would be the most appropriate candidates. Hilda is Claude's partner in crime, Petra is stuck due to the vassalage of her nation, and Bernie would be too afraid to attempt to leave.

For Yuri's retainer, I give it to Balthus. He makes the most sense out of all the OG wolves since he doesn't really have any major goals of his own like Coco, but isn't completely nonchalant towards everything like Hapi.

And now, the question remains what you would call Yuri's unique classes. Assuming he's still built to be a Trickster in this scenario, I'd call his first class something like "Con Master" since, much like Claude, he's not a traditional Lord. For his second class, I'd probably go with something like "Strategist" or "Tactician" to go along with his master tactician persona.
If you don't want none, don't start none.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 week ago#6
SirBob1137 posted...
The Blue Lions are mostly a bunch of frontliners with few ranged fighters. They need a good archer (Along with other ranged units) more than any other class.

Felix already has a boon in bows, and hits pretty damn hard with one too. Not to mention bows let him deal massive damage without him being one-shotted in return.
Best girls in Three Houses: Marianne, Annette, Mercedes, Petra, Hilda, Bernadetta
Long live Bernadetta, the dankest Black Eagle! 420 blaze it Bernie!
(edited 1 week ago)

Wolferrum
1 week ago#7
EpicJourney posted...
Prior to CS releasing, I had a similar thought for how the game would be structured, with the fourth house being for the church. And, of course, the game would have the much better name of "Fire Emblem: Seasons of Warfare."

As for the students to move over, I'd say Leonie and Dorothea would be the most appropriate candidates. Hilda is Claude's partner in crime, Petra is stuck due to the vassalage of her nation, and Bernie would be too afraid to attempt to leave.

For Yuri's retainer, I give it to Balthus. He makes the most sense out of all the OG wolves since he doesn't really have any major goals of his own like Coco, but isn't completely nonchalant towards everything like Hapi.

And now, the question remains what you would call Yuri's unique classes. Assuming he's still built to be a Trickster in this scenario, I'd call his first class something like "Con Master" since, much like Claude, he's not a traditional Lord. For his second class, I'd probably go with something like "Strategist" or "Tactician" to go along with his master tactician persona.
Seasons of Warfare would be a much better name.

I figured most probably wouldn't want Hilda to leave Claude's side since they do have a good dynamic, even if I think she would be a great fit for the AW too. Leonie can still fit in of course, wanting to be a mercenary following in Jeralt's steps. Either girl works since both can use Lances well and that is all the AW were really missing.

As for the BE student I think Dorothea would be the easiest to drop from the BE from a story and role standpoint, but the issue is her role in the AW themselves as Yuri, Constance, and Hapi are all already have a boon in Reason and Yuri and Balthus both have Faith covered too. Makes it hard to find a spot for Dorothea since they already have a lot of mages. Neither Yuri nor Balthus are really good as healers though, so Dorothea could swap her boon in Reason and hidden talent for Faith around and become the main healer.

Thinking about it more Balthus would work pretty well as Yuri's retainer. They've got a good dynamic and Balthus can give off an "enforcer" vibe.

Yuri could have his first unique class be Tactician/Strategist and then become a Grandmaster later as a further callback to Awakening, since he is built around using Swords and magic. His unique CA could be Ignis, maybe with a fancier name.

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
1 week ago#8
Wolferrum posted...
Yuri could have his first unique class be Tactician/Strategist and then become a Grandmaster later as a further callback to Awakening, since he is built around using Swords and magic. His unique CA could be Ignis, maybe with a fancier name.
Yeah, this works much better.
If you don't want none, don't start none.

User Info: Kingdom-Judge

Kingdom-Judge
1 week ago#9
NeoRyujinZ posted...
The Blue Lions are mostly a bunch of frontliners with few ranged fighters. They need a good archer (Along with other ranged units) more than any other class.

That's correct. They really only have frontline characters and mages.
If I had to use a BL only team I would do without an archer-class at all. I would Pegasus Ingrid have use a bow as secondary weapon. Her raw strength isn't that high (especially if you keep her on the Pegasus route) thus having the bow against other flyers can compensate this fact. You can even give the Magic Bow to her as well because her magic stat often is on par with her strength.

@topic:
From Black Eagles only Dorothea makes sense to be not included in her original house but rather the Ashen Wolves.
Petra is more or less a hostage making it impossible for her to not be part of BE.
Bernie wouldn't be a choice either. She might be unsatisfied with her situation at home but I can't imagine her running away. She rather stays locked in her room. On top she won't survive on her own at all.

For Golden Deer only Leonie makes sense for stated reason. Hilda is a noble and a friend of Claude. Why should she even get through the trouble of causing herself more work then necessary?

With that said, the "new" Ashen Wolves could easily fulfill some missing roles:
Leonie can either be a bow-user or a physical-orientated Pegasus flyer. Or even both.
Ashe is a good choice for a bow-user as well. He can also use axes or fists.
Dorothea would be best as more healing-oriented mage.
Constance is definitely the Gremory candidate (offensive mage) even though she can be a Dark Flyer or Cleric as well.
Hapi is more of a hybrid-mage who can be secondary attacker/healer or fulfill the role of Dark/Holy Knight.
Yuri should be less magic-orientated in that case because there are already three mages. He would be best as a sword/lance-user.
Balthus needs to get more defensive as this role is somewhat lacking with those characters.

I actually think Constance should be the "Lord" of this new house because she's the most ambitious out of them. She could work towards rebuilding her family and unravel the whole truth on the way.
"Dreamlike days are nothing but dreams. Unbelievable truths are nothing but lies." (Three from Drakengard 3)
(edited 1 week ago)

Wolferrum
1 week ago#10
Kingdom-Judge posted...
@topic:
From Black Eagles only Dorothea makes sense to be not included in her original house but rather the Ashen Wolves.
Petra is more or less a hostage making it impossible for her to not be part of BE.
Bernie wouldn't be a choice either. She might be unsatisfied with her situation at home but I can't imagine her running away. She rather stays locked in her room. On top she won't survive on her own at all.

For Golden Deer only Leonie makes sense for stated reason. Hilda is a noble and a friend of Claude. Why should she even get through the trouble of causing herself more work then necessary?

With that said, the "new" Ashen Wolves could easily fulfill some missing roles:
Leonie can either be a bow-user or a physical-orientated Pegasus flyer. Or even both.
Ashe is a good choice for a bow-user as well. He can also use axes or fists.
Dorothea would be best as more healing-oriented mage.
Constance is definitely the Gremory candidate (offensive mage) even though she can be a Dark Flyer or Cleric as well.
Hapi is more of a hybrid-mage who can be secondary attacker/healer or fulfill the role of Dark/Holy Knight.
Yuri should be less magic-orientated in that case because there are already three mages. He would be best as a sword/lance-user.
Balthus needs to get more defensive as this role is somewhat lacking with those characters.

I actually think Constance should be the "Lord" of this new house because she's the most ambitious out of them. She could work towards rebuilding her family and unravel the whole truth on the way.
Bernie or Petra's stories could easily be rewritten. Neither is very important as a character and neither got a lot of story development. Like we never even see Bernie's father or visit Brigid or anything. Could simply have Bernie be kidnapped by Yuri at her mother's request, putting her in AW instead of BE, and she finds comfort in being around her childhood friend that also sort of saved her from her father. For Petra just rewrite it so she is a refugee seeking asylum instead of a hostage. I'll still continue forward with Dorothea as the "easy" option, but I think the other two do have potential.

For Hilda, she is only a friend of Claude because of the current version of the story. A rewrite could change that and she becomes Yuri's partner in crime instead. Her being a noble is sort of an issue, but so are Balthus and Constance so there could be a way to justify her not going for the GD. Like with Dorothea, I'll continue with Leonie as the "easy" option, even if I like how Hilda could fit in.

As for the Lord and leader role, I think Yuri is pretty clearly meant to be the leader. As much as I love Constance and would be down with following her as a character, she fills more of the role Ferdinand, Felix, and Lorenz do; the one who challenges the leader. Each leader also uses Swords + another weapon, specifically Swords + Axes (Edelgard), Swords + Lances (Dimitri), and Swords + Bows (Claude). To keep that pattern and dynamic Yuri also needs to use Swords + another weapon, but to avoid overlap he has to pick between the remaining weapons, Gauntlets or magic, and he doesn't seem like a punchy boi so I went with magic.

So the main focus of each of the new AW is:

Yuri: Swords + Reason/Faith, versatile hybrid unit
Balthus: Axes + Brawling, physical tank
Constance: Reason + Flying, magic damage
Hapi: Reason + Riding, magic damage
Dorothea: Faith, healer
Ashe: Lances + Axes + Bows, physical damage
Leonie: Lances + Bows + Riding + Flying, physical damage and dodgetank

You've got a bit more magic than other houses, but consider with the removal of Dorothea from the BE the remaining 7 BE students all either have a boon (4/7) or a bane (3/7) with Axes, so a house having a focus on a particular thing isn't unheard of. I didn't list every boon or the banes, but I think you've still got a variety in the AW even with several mages.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. My FE: Four Houses ideas (spoilers?)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A