• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Edelgard is a Good Person! (spoiler)

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#71
Whisky posted...
Well no, because there is no cutscene for it in CF. You don’t see what happens. You only hear about it. Then you’re like “wait what? A missile? That doesn’t sound right.” The presentation in this game is.. uh.. not the best.
Yeah, they're described as "Javalins of Light."
If I hadn't played SS before CF, I would have thought that Slither had a space satellite that could shoot lasers from orbit 😆
If you add guns to FE, you're eventually going to end up with fliers with guns. Once you have fliers with guns, there is no reason to use anything else, EVER.

User Info: naeblis495

naeblis495
1 month ago#72
Chefcook90 posted...
What? NO!
What the hell gave you that idea?!

Dude, her dad was deposed! The Empire is currently run by the Six Great Nobles, one of whom has connections with TWSITD.

The only reason her father is still sitting on the throne is so the Church and other nations don't raise a stink about the Empire having a revolution.

So what ? he most likely still have people loyal to him i'm sure( unless he was already a monster himself and ruled by fear) . The kingdom was mostly overthrown and yet there were still a lot that were still loyal to Dimitri . Ionus could have tried something to save his children , even if it mean his death , but he just sat on his throne , jacking it .

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
1 month ago#73
Vayu_The_End posted...
You guys need to understand that, although downplayed, one of Edelgard's motivations was the restoration of the "old order" AKA a Fodlan united under the Empire. Which is kind of hilarious because her whole arc was supposed to be "we need to get rid of the old ways", yet wants to revert to the power structure that RHEA had set up with the Empire as the dominating power of Fodlan.
I think a big part of the game is that really most of the at least partially antagonistic factions condemn their enemies as false rulers while claiming that their right to rule is just, no matter how dubious or self-contradictory their claims are. Rhea believe Sothis is the rightful ruler even though she's possibly an alien to Fodlan. Edelgard believes her Empire is the rightful ruler even though their rule was decreed by Seiros/Rhea in the past. TWISTD believes their ancestors were the rightful rulers even though they sought to rule by technology either given to them by or stolen from the Nabateans. Even people debating ideas of inheritance both in the game and outside of it make questionable claims on the subject. Inheriting power by virtue of a crest is declared incredibly wrong, but does that mean it's right to inherit power due to age, sex, or any other number of factors?

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 month ago#74
@naeblis495
Maybe not the whole truth ,agreed .
Still a lot freacking better that edelgard .
Nah Edelgard got closer because she saw through Rhea even before academic phase

@Whisky
Well no, because there is no cutscene for it in CF. You don’t see what happens. You only hear about it. Then you’re like “wait what? A missile? That doesn’t sound right.” The presentation in this game is.. uh.. not the best.
I$ is lazy as f*** for not making another cutscene for bombing of Arianrhod
i am THIRSTY 8-D for Brave Edelgard!!! Orbs: 32
FIRE EMBLEM HEROES ID: 248-204-9437 (+10 Winter Sothis)

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#75
@naeblis495
So what ? he most likely still have people loyal to him i'm sure( unless he was already a monster himself and ruled by fear) . The kingdom was mostly overthrown and yet there were still a lot that were still loyal to Dimitri . Ionus could have tried something to save his children , even if it mean his death , but he just sat on his throne , jacking it .
The DLC explains that. All of the hardcore imperial loyalists were subdued during the insurrection, and then sent off to front lines to die during the war with Dagda & Brigid.

As far as everyone else was concerned, everything was fine, and the Emperor wasn't making public appearances due to "health reasons."

Keep in mind that the FE wiki has a pretty shoddy account of what happened during the Insurrection of the Seven - you're better off going by what you read in the paralogues.

Like according to the wiki, House Arundel was allegedly one of the 6 noble houses that instigated the insurrection - but if that was the case, why were they the only house that had to flee to the Kingdom? And why bother taking Edelgard with them?

The only explanation I can think of is that the Emperor DID try to get his family back, so the Slither had them spirited away to other countries until they could get the Empire firmly under control.

Also note that the only line about Ionius trying to centralize power comes from Hanneman in his C support with Hubert, and he even admits that he was already working at Garreg Mach at the time so he isn't all that certain about the details.
If you add guns to FE, you're eventually going to end up with fliers with guns. Once you have fliers with guns, there is no reason to use anything else, EVER.

User Info: Gabby_Craft

Gabby_Craft
1 month ago#76
SirBob1137 posted...
She’s got a good heart, and was a good person before she lost herself to the torture. Now, I’d say she had good intentions, but is blinded and cold in many ways.
This^^ %100
SW-2655-5230-7136 Nintendo Friend Code

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
1 month ago#77
Edelgard sided with the monsters that killed her mother. Yeah, definitely a terrible person.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639

User Info: Nomight

Nomight
1 month ago#78
1nternationa7 posted...
Edelgard sided with the monsters that killed her mother. Yeah, definitely a terrible person.
she only used them as convenience and hated working with them.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 month ago#79
@1nternationa7
Idk about her mother, she could still be alive since her death never happened in the tragedy of duscur
i am THIRSTY 8-D for Brave Edelgard!!! Orbs: 115
FIRE EMBLEM HEROES ID: 248-204-9437 (+10 Winter Sothis)

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
1 month ago#80
charcoalswift posted...
@1nternationa7
Idk about her mother, she could still be alive since her death never happened in the tragedy of duscur

As far as the game is concerned, she died there. Though little evidence was actually given. Probably might be left open if more DLC is coming out and a villain is needed.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Edelgard is a Good Person! (spoiler)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A