• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best Crest Effects Day 1: Preventing Counterattacks

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
3 days ago#1
Which counterattack-nullifying Crest effect is better? - Results (44 votes)
Prevent counterattacks when using weapons?
75% (33 votes)
Prevent counterattacks when using Combat Arts?
25% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
New poll series time. Not including the Crest of Flames, there are 21 Crests programmed into the game. Between those 21, there are 11 different effects. This poll series will have you deciding which effect you think is superior. Note that you're not voting based on which units get the Crests. You're voting based on a) what the Crest does and b) the activation rate for the effect. Starting off, we look at the Crests that prevent enemy counterattacks. Poll closes in 24 hours.

Prevents counterattacks when using weapons:
Crests: Ernest, Aubin
Activation Rate: 20% Major Crest, 10% Minor Crest, 5% Dragon Sign

Prevents counterattacks when using Combat Arts:
Crests: Goneril, Cichol
Activation Rate: 50% Major Crest, 30% Minor Crest, 15% Dragon Sign
If you don't want none, don't start none.

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
3 days ago#2
If I use combat arts, its to kill before the enemy has a chance to counter. So those crests are useless to me. Especially when two of the three users have swift strikes.

Also, Yuri's' crest seems to activate way more than 20%
Don't mess with a Bunny!

EpicJourney
3 days ago#3
Alanna82 posted...
Also, Yuri's' crest seems to activate way more than 20%
Some of the activation rates seem really odd compared to what I've experienced in-game. I got all my information from Serenes Forest so I have to assume they know what they're talking about.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Tables

Tables
3 days ago#4
The crest ones do have some cute options, like FIF and Astra, but by and large, you're rarely using a combat art on something when it isn't killing, unless you don't care about the counterattack. So by default, the weapon ones are more helpful.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
3 days ago#5
No proof, obvs., but I think the Crest activation rates for some of the 'mystery' DLC entries were stealth-adjusted. There is no way Yuri or Constance have a 20% trigger rate, it feels like it's double that (which would match Felix's crest, interestingly enough).
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
3 days ago#6
Tables posted...
The crest ones do have some cute options, like FIF and Astra, but by and large, you're rarely using a combat art on something when it isn't killing, unless you don't care about the counterattack. So by default, the weapon ones are more helpful.

Why though? How are you going to weaken an enemy before finishing it off with a Combat Art? You could weaken more reliably with another Combat Art than with a normal attack. I weaken enemies with Curved Shot a lot and the best part of that is that you always avoid getting countered with it. If you could avoid getting countered with Tempest Lance then that would be great. Why would avoiding counters with a normal attack be better? Especially when the normal attack Crest has a lower activation rate.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

EpicJourney
3 days ago#7
EdeaCreamer posted...
No proof, obvs., but I think the Crest activation rates for some of the 'mystery' DLC entries were stealth-adjusted. There is no way Yuri or Constance have a 20% trigger rate, it feels like it's double that (which would match Felix's crest, interestingly enough).
It feels that way to me too, but I have no way to actually determine if it's true.

EpicJourney
3 days ago#8
Bump

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
3 days ago#9
I haven’t voted yet but I’m confused why so many people are voting for regular attacks. No one has actually said why that Crest is useful, only that the Combat Art Crest isn’t very useful, but not why the normal attack Crest is any more useful. I don’t see why it would be, especially with such low and unreliable activation rates. The higher activation rates on the Combat Arts Crest makes it seem a lot better to me.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Whisky posted...
I don’t see why it would be, especially with such low and unreliable activation rates.
Because people here are convincing themselves that the activation rates are higher than listed, even though there's no reason to believe they are.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best Crest Effects Day 1: Preventing Counterattacks
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A