• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Edelgard is not necessarily a good role model for modern women.

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
6 days ago#1
Modern women need to be empowered. However, they don't need to be manipulative or warmongering to do so. They just need to be independent and self-reliant. Agree or disagree?
For King Dimitri and Country! Down with the Hegemon!!!

User Info: Pinco_Pallino

Pinco_Pallino
6 days ago#2
You mean modern women may not need to plan assassinations and start continental wars?

Well, color me surprised.
Make a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
(edited 6 days ago)

aikamatsunaga
6 days ago#3
Pinco_Pallino posted...
You mean modern women may not need to plan assassinations and start continental wars?

Well, color me surprised.

Yes.this an argument against TEzeon431 for claiming that women should side with Edelgard because she is an empowered woman.

User Info: Enutrof1

Enutrof1
6 days ago#4
Ah yes empowered by her trauma and misinformation caused and fed to her by old men.
Great role model.
#BalthusHasBigHimboEnergy
I stan the monk dragon

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
6 days ago#5
aikamatsunaga posted...
Yes.this an argument against TEzeon431 for claiming that women should side with Edelgard because she is an empowered woman.

Yeah, side with Rhea instead. She's kept women in charge of the Church for a millenia.

That takes serious work.
The world would be a better place if Cancel Culture died. Cancel Blue Checkmarks!

aikamatsunaga
6 days ago#6
jackfrost2016 posted...
Yeah, side with Rhea instead. She's kept women in charge of the Church for a millenia.

That takes serious work.

. But beating grown men to submission is cool too.

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
6 days ago#7
aikamatsunaga posted...
. But beating grown men to submission is cool too.

She put that boomer in his place: The Ground.

Until Thales dug him up and went Dr. Frankenstein on the old fogey.
The world would be a better place if Cancel Culture died. Cancel Blue Checkmarks!

User Info: bookwormbabe29

bookwormbabe29
6 days ago#8

What's your point here? Most humans aren't in a position where 'warmongering' is a thing, so seems like a poor attempt at making Edelgard look bad. Edelgard's a great example for anyone, regardless of gender. She saves the world from not one but two evil powers, despite truly horrifying experiences in her past. What's not to love?
3DS Friend Code: 0920-2538-1864 Pokemon Sun IGN: Kala
Switch friend code: SW-4557-7874-3781, Pokemon Shield IGN: Vicky

User Info: Enutrof1

Enutrof1
6 days ago#9
bookwormbabe29 posted...
Edelgard's a great example for anyone, regardless of gender.

Not getting help for your personal trauma is a terrible idea. Continuing to work with your abusers is a terrible idea. Shutting off your emotions to the point you figuratively or literally become a monster is a horrendous idea oh my god no one should ever want to take Edelgard as a role model.

Edelgard is more aware of how toxic her behavior is to her own person than some people on this board and does not want another person to be like her that's one of the reasons why she's doing this all in the first place. Can we please stop glorifying her victimhood.
#BalthusHasBigHimboEnergy
I stan the monk dragon

aikamatsunaga
6 days ago#10
Enutrof1 posted...
Not getting help for your personal trauma is a terrible idea. Continuing to work with your abusers is a terrible idea. Shutting off your emotions to the point you figuratively or literally become a monster is a horrendous idea oh my god no one should ever want to take Edelgard as a role model.

Edelgard is more aware of how toxic her behavior is to her own person than some people on this board and does not want another person to be like her that's one of the reasons why she's doing this all in the first place. Can we please stop glorifying her victimhood.
^ THIS
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Edelgard is not necessarily a good role model for modern women.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A