• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I don't appreciate how the game portrays Edelgard in such a negative way

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
2 weeks ago#1
This game goes out of its way to make Edelgard look bad, when she has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

1- She's the "emperor" wearing a blinding red dress and ram horns. Her appearance makes her feel like a dictator or something.

2- Hubert is the most shady character out of the lieutenants. He seems like he is just up to no good.

3- She gains the throne through a hostile takeover. That entire cutscene was just wrong. Everyone in the castle was shocked. She gives no remorse and dead set on gaining power. And the worst part of it? Nothing she did her was wrong. She took ruler ship from a sick and dying man. And Edelgard herself does not do anything out of line. So why is it that the game makes an effort to portray this scene as "evil" and "corrupt" when it isn't? Why are they throwing shade at Edelgard?

4- Dimitri just hates her guts, for absolutely no reason. Dimitri is just a blind ignoramus. If he actually did his research, he would know that Edelgard has nothing to do with anything. He is just placing blame on her as a scapegoat because he needs to cope somehow. If anyone should be seen as corrupt and evil, its HIM. Not Edelgard. This guy is just a brainless murderer.

5- She is the flame emperor. The entire act of being a character in disguise and being seen as somebody "evil" and not to be trusted is all thrown on Edelgard. When in actuality, the flame emperor never did ANYTHING wrong, either. They take no actions against the player that can be seen as negative. Kronya kills our dad because Kronya is psycho. Not because the flame emperor said so.

6- She is actively against TWSITD and their campaign for world domination. She is appalled by their sick and twisted actions, and was a subject of their experiments first hand. So may I ask, WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SEEM LIKE EDELGARD IS WITH THEM? She is NOT. Again, the game is throwing shade at her for no reason. Edelgard is using TWSITD in order to overthrow them. They disgust her. Please do not make it seem like she is best friends with them when she ISN'T!!!

7- When you choose her route, it seems like every second line of dialogue is "Are you sure you should have done this?"
Like come on, yes. I am sure. Why else would I have done it? Why are you so actively trying to guilt trip me? I made the CORRECT decision to side with the one character in this game who actually uses logic.

I swear, if they had the rights to it, they would have made Edelgard's theme song the imperial march from Star Wars. Its so messed up.
OG like a captain that's retired.

User Info: LadyNihilist

LadyNihilist
2 weeks ago#2
Edelgard did nothing at all to deserve being viewed as an antagonist. You've played multiple routes of 3H and that's what you get out of it? There's no point in arguing with someone who has such poor reading comprehension.
N3DS Friend Code: 2680-9925-9550 ~ Pokemon UltraSun IGN: Yoko
FE:Fates MyCastle address (NA): 04178-51483 18998-23259

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
2 weeks ago#3
LadyNihilist posted...
Edelgard did nothing at all to deserve being viewed as an antagonist.

She opposes Byleth in three out of four routes. And opposing the protagonist makes her, by definition, an antagonist. She may not be a villain, but she is an antagonist most of the time.
Then again, I'm not a space-faring scientist, so what the f**k do I know, right?

User Info: LadyNihilist

LadyNihilist
2 weeks ago#4
Ad_Victoriam posted...
She opposes Byleth in three out of four routes. And opposing the protagonist makes her, by definition, an antagonist. She may not be a villain, but she is an antagonist most of the time.
I was mocking TC's opinion there. I agree with you.
N3DS Friend Code: 2680-9925-9550 ~ Pokemon UltraSun IGN: Yoko
FE:Fates MyCastle address (NA): 04178-51483 18998-23259
(message deleted)

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
2 weeks ago#6
LadyNihilist posted...
I was mocking TC's opinion there. I agree with you.

Are you really a lady as your username suggests? If so, how are you not on Edelgard's side?

She is an empowered modern woman. She's the type of girl that is seen as a role model by today's standards.
OG like a captain that's retired.

User Info: R0b45

R0b45
2 weeks ago#7
She's f***ing evil. If anything, the game doesn't portray her in enough of a negative way.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: ljyii98

ljyii98
2 weeks ago#10
TEzeon431 posted...
Are you really a lady as your username suggests? If so, how are you not on Edelgard's side?

She is an empowered modern woman. She's the type of girl that is seen as a role model by today's standards.
shut up
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I don't appreciate how the game portrays Edelgard in such a negative way
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A