• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is there a Maddening Tier List?

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
1 month ago#1
I know Ignatz's buffs and debuffs become pretty vital, but what about other characters?
FP2 Picks: Reimu, Phoenix Wright, Yuri Lowell, Sora, Neku, and Sol Badguy

User Info: wheatleyscience

wheatleyscience
1 month ago#2
Wondering this. In the midst of my BE maddening run and want to know who I should recruit
Edeleth is love in its' purest form.
Rhea is love at its' hottest.

User Info: MonadoGuy25

MonadoGuy25
1 month ago#3
The reddit is making a pretty good one, though the dude running it is pretty busy so progress is slow.

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
1 month ago#4
All house units are viable.

Just avoid Manuela.

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#5
One of the big things about 3H is that tiering units really depends on which route you're playing (Silver Snow Hilda is far worse than Azure Moon Hilda for one example, and Ingrid is actually better outside Azure Moon).

If you're curious about specific units, you can @ or pm me and I'll give you some thoughts.

General rule of thumb is that already good units are even better, but a few standouts;

-Any unit with Swift Strikes or Point Blank Volley is much more important for actually doubling enemies.
-Claude looks a lot worse than Edelgard and Dimitri in Mad. He misses doubling benchmarks more than you'd like.
-Female units that can go into Pegasus Knight without trouble are way better off.
-Bow Knight gets a gigantic hit in usefulness compared to Sniper (Hunter's Volley is amazing).
-Dedue is actually amazing early on.
-Ignatz, Raphael (and Balthus), and Annette are really useful for their early rallies.
-D rank bows and D rank lances is huge in the early game. See who can reach those benchmarks before chapter 2 and get them there.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
1 month ago#6
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
One of the big things about 3H is that tiering units really depends on which route you're playing (Silver Snow Hilda is far worse than Azure Moon Hilda for one example, and Ingrid is actually better outside Azure Moon).

If you're curious about specific units, you can @ or pm me and I'll give you some thoughts.

General rule of thumb is that already good units are even better, but a few standouts;

-Any unit with Swift Strikes or Point Blank Volley is much more important for actually doubling enemies.
-Claude looks a lot worse than Edelgard and Dimitri in Mad. He misses doubling benchmarks more than you'd like.
-Female units that can go into Pegasus Knight without trouble are way better off.
-Bow Knight gets a gigantic hit in usefulness compared to Sniper (Hunter's Volley is amazing).
-Dedue is actually amazing early on.
-Ignatz, Raphael (and Balthus), and Annette are really useful for their early rallies.
-D rank bows and D rank lances is huge in the early game. See who can reach those benchmarks before chapter 2 and get them there.

thanks, I appreciate these general tips. I do find it interesting about Claude, because I feel even on Hard he misses a lot of doubles for much of the midgame
FP2 Picks: Reimu, Phoenix Wright, Yuri Lowell, Sora, Neku, and Sol Badguy

User Info: HolyAarom

HolyAarom
1 month ago#7
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
Is that for Tempest Lance/Curved Shot spam with steel (higher durability) weapons? I'm actually getting memories of Bernadetta (Ferdinand too, but for lances only) really putting in work while I was doing Silver Snow, especially with her personal being really strong early on.

User Info: wheatleyscience

wheatleyscience
1 month ago#8
@Metal_Gear_Raxis
I currently am running Ingrid and Felix alongside Doro, El, Hubert, shamir and want to work in the dlc chars and Jeritza. Is that a decent team to run with?
Edeleth is love in its' purest form.
Rhea is love at its' hottest.

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#9
wheatleyscience posted...
@Metal_Gear_Raxis
I currently am running Ingrid and Felix alongside Doro, El, Hubert, shamir and want to work in the dlc chars and Jeritza. Is that a decent team to run with?
Dorothea and Hubert tend to fall off later on (Hubert less so than Dorothea). Shamir's REALLY good with Hunter's Volley in Sniper and Crimson Flower has a lot of bothersome fliers so she's a good idea. Ingrid is fine but recruit her from chapter 6 onward, Felix is good in general. Jeritza's just fantastic.

Why aren't you considering Ferdinand or Petra, though? Also can't go wrong with Lysithea's warping prowess.

All the DLC characters are pretty good, frankly.

HolyAarom posted... Is that for Tempest Lance/Curved Shot spam with steel (higher durability) weapons? I'm actually getting memories of Bernadetta (Ferdinand too, but for lances only) really putting in work while I was doing Silver Snow, especially with her personal being really strong early on.

Yes, but just in general both are good combat arts. Tempest Lance gives a huge +8 might, the most of any rank D combat art, and Curved Shot is good for flexible poke positions, reliable hit rates, and hitting enemy mages without getting countered.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#10
Ridelwofr posted...
All house units are viable.

Just avoid Manuela.
Manuela is actually viable on Maddening, but you need to build her very, VERY carefully.

Fiendish Blow + Assassin + Hexblade + Rapier.

Since Hexblade counts as a spell for accuracy calculations, it isn't really affected by Swordbreaker+ or terrain, meaning you can actually OHKO Maddening Paladins with 100% accuracy even when they're standing in Thickets.
You'll definitely need some Spirit Dusts though, since her Mag is so low compared to other mages.
I actually like Rhea - It's her fanboys who I can't stand.
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is there a Maddening Tier List?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A